Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 6: Northern Blues vs Williamstown (Read 17402 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd 6: Northern Blues vs Williamstown

Reply #45
AFL Victoria Development League
Williamstown   1.0  5.5  7.8  9.10 (64)
Northern Blues   3.4  3.8  6.11  7.15 (57)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Condon 3 Critchley 3 Ebinger  Brumby  Minogue
Northern Blues: Brown 2 Dawson  Booth  Thorpe  Payne  Roos

BEST:
Williamstown: Monk Carr Carter Greiser Condon Ebinger
Northern Blues: Declase Barrett Roos Hickey Aurrichio Brown

Peter Jackson VFL 2016
Williamstown   9.6  14.11  18.19  25.22 (172)
Northern Blues   0.1  0.8  1.10  3.11 (29)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Dunell 6 Cordy 4 Hetherington 3 Conway 3 Masters 2 Siposs 2 Curtis  Anastasio  Jolley  Carr  Wheeler
Northern Blues: Boekhorst  Kerbatieh  Stevens

BEST:
Williamstown: Jolley Carr Dunell Curtis Wheeler Cordy
Northern Blues: Tutt Jaksch Jones Kerbatieh Buckley Silvagni

Silvagni gets into the best for playing half a game. That tells us all something.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #46
AFL Victoria Development League
Williamstown   1.0  5.5  7.8  9.10 (64)
Northern Blues   3.4  3.8  6.11  7.15 (57)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Condon 3 Critchley 3 Ebinger  Brumby  Minogue
Northern Blues: Brown 2 Dawson  Booth  Thorpe  Payne  Roos

BEST:
Williamstown: Monk Carr Carter Greiser Condon Ebinger
Northern Blues: Declase Barrett Roos Hickey Aurrichio Brown

Peter Jackson VFL 2016
Williamstown   9.6  14.11  18.19  25.22 (172)
Northern Blues   0.1  0.8  1.10  3.11 (29)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Dunell 6 Cordy 4 Hetherington 3 Conway 3 Masters 2 Siposs 2 Curtis  Anastasio  Jolley  Carr  Wheeler
Northern Blues: Boekhorst  Kerbatieh  Stevens

BEST:
Williamstown: Jolley Carr Dunell Curtis Wheeler Cordy
Northern Blues: Tutt Jaksch Jones Kerbatieh Buckley Silvagni

Silvagni gets into the best for playing half a game. That tells us all something.

Not sure it does Crash.

They've been pumping Jacks tyres since he got called out.

It will give the supporters something to like from an otherwise disastrous day.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #47
CIMM is right, Capt CRASH. That's the harsh reality... Tutt got plenty of it but his 'effective disposals' count would be low... plenty of bombed kicks. With the ball going into the back line 7000 times Jaksch was bound to take a good few grabs and get attention. SOS did 3 or 4 really good, classy things for the first half only... more the second qtr. For him to make the best players is indicative of how bad we were.

Really, to be honest, on the game summary, it should have read:

Best Players:
Northern Blues: N/A.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #48
Thanks baggers. Pretty somber wrap up but that's where we are at.

Perfect day for footy so you'd expect jacksh to do far better

Reply #49
CIMM is right, Capt CRASH. That's the harsh reality... Tutt got plenty of it but his 'effective disposals' count would be low... plenty of bombed kicks. With the ball going into the back line 7000 times Jaksch was bound to take a good few grabs and get attention. SOS did 3 or 4 really good, classy things for the first half only... more the second qtr. For him to make the best players is indicative of how bad we were.

Really, to be honest, on the game summary, it should have read:

Best Players:
Northern Blues: N/A.
With a 140+ loss, that would be what I would write.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #50
What a disgrace. Embarrassing.

For the third week in a row we started as if everyone had a valium sandwich before the game and only started playing after half time. And our opponents were up and about and really vocal. Buckley was about the only BlueBagger with a voice. What is it with this quietness on the field? It's very polite of us.

Mrs Baggers is still laughing her head off... she enjoyed the beach, I suffered through unbelievably bad football from our blokes and the loud gloating from Willi supporters.

SOS played for a half (his calf was iced in the 2nd half) and looked impressive... then again, anything alive would have looked good next to our blokes. Buckley tried his heart out and was full of dash. (Emergencies White and Graham didn't play).

Really, really, really reaching hard for any positives (apart from SOS) - MaCasker did a few nice things, Cuningham did 2 nice things, Boekhorst also did 2 nice things.... Tutt had plenty of it, didn't do much with his disposals but got plenty of it... Smith took a mark and fell over a lot... Rainbow laid a good tackle and gave a good handball... Jaksch took some marks... Foster did 2 reasonable spoils... looks like Dick did a quad (iced in the 2nd half)... Billy Gowers ran and baulked opposition players on 3 occasions!!!... Korcheck continued to be tall... I think you get the gist.

For mine, only Buckley and SOS looked like AFL footballers today.

Were they really good things? :-\

How was his work rate and attack on the footy?

Reply #51
Absolutely! I feel helpless not being there and only waiting for twitter posts. Please, we need someone who knows what they are talking about!

On that basis Lods, Mrs Baggers showed more nous than our much beloved Baggers...
????????
Front up again next week Baggers... You know that you want to... ????????????????????????
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #52
What a disgrace. Embarrassing.

For the third week in a row we started as if everyone had a valium sandwich before the game and only started playing after half time. And our opponents were up and about and really vocal. Buckley was about the only BlueBagger with a voice. What is it with this quietness on the field? It's very polite of us.

Mrs Baggers is still laughing her head off... she enjoyed the beach, I suffered through unbelievably bad football from our blokes and the loud gloating from Willi supporters.

SOS played for a half (his calf was iced in the 2nd half) and looked impressive... then again, anything alive would have looked good next to our blokes. Buckley tried his heart out and was full of dash. (Emergencies White and Graham didn't play).

Really, really, really reaching hard for any positives (apart from SOS) - MaCasker did a few nice things, Cuningham did 2 nice things, Boekhorst also did 2 nice things.... Tutt had plenty of it, didn't do much with his disposals but got plenty of it... Smith took a mark and fell over a lot... Rainbow laid a good tackle and gave a good handball... Jaksch took some marks... Foster did 2 reasonable spoils... looks like Dick did a quad (iced in the 2nd half)... Billy Gowers ran and baulked opposition players on 3 occasions!!!... Korcheck continued to be tall... I think you get the gist.

For mine, only Buckley and SOS looked like AFL footballers today.

Thanks for the feedback Baggers despite the shortage of positives. Can you at least provide a positive review on the pies?

Reply #53
Thanks for the feedback Baggers despite the shortage of positives. Can you at least provide a positive review on the pies?

Hahaha, to add insult to injury the pies were lukewarm and repeated on me all night!

I'm thinking of turning up at half time for the next NBs game... it's about the same time as the players turn up. Pies are always good at Preston and Princes Park ...you thinking of coming along this Saturday?

Reply #54
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #55
Did we struggle to get a possession this week or what! 2 of them get more than 40, while half our team got 10 or less. DVR and Cunningham certainly have dropped off, although even Dick couldn't get it this week.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #56
Did we struggle to get a possession this week or what! 2 of them get more than 40, while half our team got 10 or less. DVR and Cunningham certainly have dropped off, although even Dick couldn't get it this week.

In Dick's defence he was off for a long time with an iced quad and was his usual reliable self until injured.

Damning stat for mine is 3 hopefuls - Cuningham, Boekhorst and Rainbow having 1 (one, uno, solitarious) tackle between them! (I made up 'solitarious').

I actually thought Billy Gowers deserved a positive mention.

With, in regard to our talls, Tractor, Meat, Bluey the Ranga and probably Doully Mk 2 (Weits) out, Jaksch would be likely to get a call up. Wood would be an outside chance as well if not injured.

Reply #57
Quote from: Baggers link=topic=2887.msg156809#msg156809 date=146336 ...you thinking of coming along this Saturday? [/quote
uote]

I think I will wait to see how many (if any) Carlton-listed players are likely to play.

Reply #58
[quote author=Baggers link=topic=2887.msg156809#msg156809 date=146336 ...you thinking of coming along this Saturday?

I think I will wait to see how many (if any) Carlton-listed players are likely to play.

Might be the Northern Nights vs Coburg!

Reply #59
In Dick's defence he was off for a long time with an iced quad and was his usual reliable self until injured.

Damning stat for mine is 3 hopefuls - Cuningham, Boekhorst and Rainbow having 1 (one, uno, solitarious) tackle between them! (I made up 'solitarious').

I actually thought Billy Gowers deserved a positive mention.

With, in regard to our talls, Tractor, Meat, Bluey the Ranga and probably Doully Mk 2 (Weits) out, Jaksch would be likely to get a call up. Wood would be an outside chance as well if not injured.

Boekhorst had 4, Cuningham had 4 and DVR had 1. ???