Skip to main content
Topic: The Ashes - First Test @ Trent Bridge  (Read 48089 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Ashes - First Test @ Trent Bridge

Reply #75
God I love test Cricket.

Agar
Hughes
Boof

Take a bow fellas!!!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #76
Starc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

screw the Poms.
Change of tune from commentators

Reply #77
Darren Lehman and alcohol......... helping 19yos score in England for the last 50 years.

Reply #78
This is incredible. All sorts of records tumbling. Not going to bed till it's over. GO ANTON you bl00dy beauty!!!

Anton?  :)). Sorry Mrs Agar. I think we ALL know his name now.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #79
Well done Agar. fell short of the ton for 98!. Supported bu Hughes on 81no. I thnk Hughesy actually got a lesson from 19yo Agar with attitude as he all of a sudden played shots, attacked and was proactice when Agar came in. Many others could and should do the same as this young blokes.

Agar has something about him. Thought as much just watching him before the game, in the field and for the few overs he bowled. Just got the confidence and the big game let me at em attitude.
 Slight bit of arrogance about him, which all the good players have. In a good way mind you.

Batting him at 11 is folly. Must move up the order to 8. He's a much better bat the Siddle, Pattinson and Starc IMHO. Hope he get s few wickets now and his batting continues to flourish.

Reply #80
Hughes did a brilliant job taking most of Swann in the early part of Agars innings. And even that nearly didn't work.  He was very, very lucky to survive that stumping.

Agar, great, great knock.  Also good to see the bowlers make to Poms work bloody hard for runs in the 2nd innings, no freebies like the 1st.  It'll be a battle from here, but looks like we're up for one now.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #81
Poms squealing about umpiring now... didn't squeal in protest when Anderson was plumb and Rogers got a shocker....
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #82
Hughes' best innings by a mile.

Did it by eliminating 50 % of his shots, but that's what it takes sometimes. Waugh got rid of his pull and hook shots to play for Oz and got rid of the back foot drive a after it was one of his most successful shots in his first tour of England .

Still iffy with the poke outside off and it will interesting to see how he goes on decks with more juice.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #83
Darren Lehman and alcohol......... helping 19yos score in England for the last 50 years.

Maybe its time to get a few brews into Uzi?

Reply #84
God I love test Cricket.

Agar
Hughes
Boof

Take a bow fellas!!!

+98

Beats the hell out of that t20 slap n tickle crap for sure mate.

Love test cricket!!!!

Reply #85
Brilliant effort by Agar and well batted to Hughes as well. England bowled too short in that session prior to lunch (what was Finn thinking?!?!?).

No doubt we've seen the last of Agar at number 11.

Reply #86
Geez, i think we can win this.  Get Cook early tonight and they might go to water. They have a lot of work to do to build a lead, and i'm not sure they are up to it. Mind you, not sure what sort of total we could chase.

Young Agar has restored hope. Fantastic knock. Real momentum changer. And he's a Victorian.

Reply #87
Interestingly poised this test match with England effectively 15/2 on Day 3.

Losing Trott was a big blow for them and English heads dropped then I thought. Australia knew how big a wicket he was and were rightfully ecstatic. Without Trott to bat the day it will fall to Cook to partner Pieterson, Bairstow and more importantly Prior. If we can get rid of Cook and ensure Prior doesn't get much of a score we are well on the way to winning this.

Australia with it's nose in front but the next two sessions will decide the outcome. Considering all that's gone on, Day 3 is the key day here. If the balls reversing and we keep it tight Agar could cause some problems with his extra bounce and more than decent turn.

In the last 10 matches at this venue ALL have ended in a result and I expect this to be the same.

Reply #88
I wonder how Wade is feeling watching Haddin stink it up again? Missed catches, byes and crap batting, sure the ball turned but a stride outside the off stump to the ball and a block would have seen him in. That's just basic cricket.  ::)

Reply #89
Interestingly poised this test match with England effectively 15/2 on Day 3.

Losing Trott was a big blow for them and English heads dropped then I thought. Australia knew how big a wicket he was and were rightfully ecstatic. Without Trott to bat the day it will fall to Cook to partner Pieterson, Bairstow and more importantly Prior. If we can get rid of Cook and ensure Prior doesn't get much of a score we are well on the way to winning this.

Australia with it's nose in front but the next two sessions will decide the outcome. Considering all that's gone on, Day 3 is the key day here. If the balls reversing and we keep it tight Agar could cause some problems with his extra bounce and more than decent turn.

In the last 10 matches at this venue ALL have ended in a result and I expect this to be the same.

I have it about even as we have to bat last. I think 250 is about the max we can allow then to get in front,  we were lucky Trott got an ordinary decision.
Dont trust our batting on this wicket which is starting to keep a bit low and the Poms swing it more than our bowlers...and runs on the board create more pressure.
I'd put Clarke back to 5 and keep him away from the newer ball........
Must go hard at Cook and Peitersen early and attack.....the latter is a very dangerous player and I want to see him back in the shed early.

Wonderful innings by Agar and I hope he can gets some wickets to kick start his bowling career...maybe he can bat a bit higher in the second innings.
Some credit to Hughes as well who played second fiddle and looked more solid .