Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton pasted by Pies (Post Game) (Read 78014 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton pasted by Pies (Post Game)

Reply #60
Anyone see Buckley try to create run out of defence but no one ran with him?

All I saw was Buckley run, panic, turn ball over......and over and over and over and over.....you get the idea.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #61
i think we have 16 players who were taken in the first round of the draft.

What does that say to me - the players are not playing anywhere near their ability. They looked (very) slow, disinterested and lost tonight. And the Pies aren't a quick team.

No leadership (again). No game plan seemingly.

The Pies are not that good - disciplined yes, team orientated yes. But really. We are worse than very bad.

1. Malthouse must go. Put Laidley in charge;
2. Murphy must step down (but who fills that void).

God, I don't know.

Yep the Pies are not that good but we had zero idea of what they were doing most of the night...Oxley ran around on his own like McIntosh did for the. Richmond game.
The Pies game plan was the same they used for the Essendon game...it was the ex Hawks Ben Dixon who implied we just dont put enough time into scouting opposing teams and come
into games underprepared with our tactics and have no Plan B.

Reply #62
All I saw was Buckley run, panic, turn ball over......and over and over and over and over.....you get the idea.....

x 2 Buckley has gone backwards....I would have swapped him forward and taken Ellard off who was useless all night and is a passenger.

Reply #63

He was terrible but he clearly tried to create some run early And was given no support.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #64
He was terrible but he clearly tried to create some run early And was given no support.

But don't simply just run into tackles or handball to an opponent....how bout putting your boot through the bloody thing, it's not friggin' rocket science. He doesn't deserve the cop-out you're giving him.

Reply #66
I called him a spud in the match thread. No cop out here. Im talking more about our players not running, they just don't work hard.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #67
Collingwood are not that good you say, but you know what they are better than us by the lenth of the Flemington staright.  You know why, the have kids, and plenty of them and kids that can play. 

We have players nearing the end. Walker, Simmo, Carazzo, Judd, and plenty of list cloggers (still). Armfield, Ellard, Curnow, Warnock. 

Players past their best. Jamo. 

Leaders who dont stand up.  Gibbs and Murphy.

Youngsters who will not develop whilst leadership group does jack crape.

We need to build around the future players that we do have.  Menzel, Cripps, Docherty,  Buckley, JK.

After tonight, I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel.  We have just entered that tunnel and have a long way to go.

Come trade time,  put everyone with currency on the market. Gibbs, Murphy, Henderson, Yarran, Kruezer.  See if anyone bites. 

If two of the above go then so be it. 

Reply #68
In desperate need of a complete rebuild of the club - the board and its governance structure, the coaches and trainers.
We just seem to always be playing catch up every year - recruiting other team's fitness guru's, their coaches and administrators. And in the end we still to be churning out players that don't seem as strong, have lower fitness levels, poor skills and less hunger for the game. Above all, we are just tactically behind the 8 ball and seem to be sticking to a game plan and team structures that just aren't working every week.
We need to bite the bullet and rebuild off the ground well before we get another player in the door.
Big ask when you're only 5 weeks into a season too.

Reply #69
i think we have 16 players who were taken in the first round of the draft.

What does that say to me - the players are not playing anywhere near their ability. They looked (very) slow, disinterested and lost tonight. And the Pies aren't a quick team.

No leadership (again). No game plan seemingly.

The Pies are not that good - disciplined yes, team orientated yes. But really. We are worse than very bad.

I'm really conflicted about this. Logic tells me we have 20+ players who've reached the pinnacle in their chosen sport. They simply can't be that bad. And yet the standard tonight was just pathetic.  So, is it the coach? Maybe. I don't know. 

The commentators gave me the complete sh*ts going on about how impressive the Pies were. Couple of times I saw them panic a little when one of those big, navy blue witches hats seemed to come to life and lunge at them. 
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #70
Glad I went to Wellington last weekend, possibly the only game I'll see them win all year.....

Reply #71
Coach doesn't have the players. On such a big occasion to dish that up for him implies so. It only means one course of action really. Question is when?
Eat more chooks

Reply #72
Judd deserves a knighthood for what he's had to put up with at Carlton. Whatever we paid him it wasn't enough.
Spot on!

Reply #73
I called him a spud in the match thread. No cop out here. Im talking more about our players not running, they just don't work hard.

Tonight was a new low. Don't know if you were at the game but it was frightening - a few players aside.

Reply #74
Coach doesn't have the players. On such a big occasion to dish that up for him implies so. It only means one course of action really. Question is when?
Well Mick sure didn't look to pleased with them and their efforts in the coaches box in the dying minutes of the game.