Skip to main content
Topic: RD 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton (Prematch) (Read 57264 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton (Prematch)

Reply #90
I would be bringing in Docherty ASAP.

Docherty will help the HB line not the midfield.

Actually he did both for the NBs on Sunday and was great no matter where he played. His fitness is the only issue. Was near knackered late in the game on Sunday and the seniors will be much more demanding. But gotta start somewhere - just wouldn't expect him if he gets a senior gig to be the 'difference'.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #91
Actually he did both for the NBs on Sunday and was great no matter where he played. His fitness is the only issue. Was near knackered late in the game on Sunday and the seniors will be much more demanding. But gotta start somewhere - just wouldn't expect him if he gets a senior gig to be the 'difference'.

Thanks for the update Baggers, the highlights I have seen only had him running off the HBF.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #92

Thanks for the update Baggers, the highlights I have seen only had him running off the HBF.

I'd love him off half back if it means Walker goes forward.

Reply #93
Our midfield looked so soft on the weekend. I would bring in Robbo, Bell, McLean and Armfield so we can be competitive.
Oooo there's some class...said no one ever! Opo midfields would be pooling their pants facing those blokes. Seriously Robbo, Bell, McLean and Army are not the answer to our midfield woes IMO.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #94
Our midfield looked so soft on the weekend. I would bring in Robbo, Bell, McLean and Armfield so we can be competitive.

Problem is we Can't kick and our disposal is shocking. So there is a gulf in class between our skilled players and hard nuts. These guys are not the answer to our disposal efficiency and will make it worse.

Really is quite depressing.

I would be bringing in Docherty ASAP.
Agree shades. Also liked the bits I saw of that Reynolds kid. A nice mover and good looking left footer. Gotta try something different.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #95
Oooo there's some class...said no one ever! Opo midfields would be pooling their pants facing those blokes. Seriously Robbo, Bell, McLean and Army are not the answer to our midfield woes IMO.

The point MBB is trying to make is our mids lacked any steel.

You can say what you like about Robbo, Bell, McLean and Armfield , but none of them take backward step.

Personally i wouldn't bring in Bell.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #96

You can say what you like about Robbo, Bell, McLean and Armfield , but none of them take backward step.

I understand completely about the hardness, we need polish more.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #97
These guys gave us trouble even when we were up and running.
Their young midfield will show the softc*cks like Murph and Gibbs how its done.
Minson will dominate the Ruck
Jones and Crameri will have a birthday up forward
Morris will blanket  whose ever turn it is to be our inaffective key forward this week.

Dogs by 45 points.

totally agree with this
dogs pulled our pants down last time we played
I was there and recall we rapidly fell away and they ran over us
even cooney with his dodgy knee got in on the action
a good list with blokes like griffin boyd and delhaus....

Reply #98
By the look of things, we just have to hope the Dogs have a really, really, bad day. Even a good dog has a bad day, every now and then. Hope their bad day is more the now.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #99
0-5
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #100
 a 20 odd point loss with more debutants is much better
than a loss by 30-40 with a full team of non performers

Reply #101
The Dogs made us look ordinary last year. I go into this game with zero confidence. We may rally in the light of recent events, who the hell knows.

Will be watching, on TV, but I expect to go 0 - 5 unfortunately, but look forward to seeing us play more attractive foot, a more competitive effort, fewer errors.

As always, Go Blues!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #102
The Dogs made us look ordinary last year. I go into this game with zero confidence. We may rally in the light of recent events, who the hell knows.

Will be watching, on TV, but I expect to go 0 - 5 unfortunately, but look forward to seeing us play more attractive foot, a more competitive effort, fewer errors.

As always, Go Blues!

I've tipped the dogs in my footy tipping, simply because I always tip with my head not my heart. Still I would not be surprised if we tore them a new one.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #103

Pretty much, if you want the club to play kids don't cry when we lose. The 4 guys mentioned above along with Judd, Waite, Kreuzer and Garlett were in our best side last year. That's 8 players in total that didn't play against Melbourne.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #104
I think we have a chance and I will be there cheering the boys on.
We are the underdogs now and as underdogs we perform better.
BLUES by 15pts  :)