Skip to main content
Topic: Round 15 - Blues Vs Pies. Pre - Game Thread (Read 46680 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 15 - Blues Vs Pies. Pre - Game Thread

Reply #105
It's probably unfair on Brock, he's given it his all over the last 2 or 3 years, but I personally hate seeing him in the side these days. I would much rather we take game day risks with potential and developing players than sticking with a player like Brock. Watching him struggle, most weeks of late, is demoralising. 
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #106
Lucas can be frustrating, and is a whipping boy for most of us, but I think he would have provided far more value to the side, this year, than Brock has.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #107
Lucas can be frustrating, and is a whipping boy for most of us, but I think he would have provided far more value to the side, this year, than Brock has.

agree with both of those posts.

If Waite is dropped because he's not part of the future. Then Brock should be gone too.

Reply #108
Gimme a break with this tanking boloney.....are we really still THAT far behind the times that we're reverting to tanking? This is Mick's master plan? Some of you are willing to believe anything but the fact that Malthouse is past it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #109
Its a form of tanking.  How else can you explain continuing to play out of form players like Henderson, Walker, Warnock and Touhy? If we are really looking at the future why are Brock and Carazzo getting games?
Its plausible deniabilty... On paper it looks our best team, in reality it is padding us out to the end of the year.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #110
For those calling for Lucas to get a game...short memories.

We've axed Garlett for ducking his head and being soft...and you want to bring in Lucas like he's the messiah?

Broke may be playing some average games, Tuohy too, but you can't question their courage. Lucas gives a bad name to outside receivers.

If we were a well oiled machine sitting top 4, you might think about brining in Lucas as the cherry on top. All he'd have to do is feed off the others and run. However, where we are currently scrapping and fighting for every kick, Lucas is a liability who cannot be relied upon.

Reply #111
White won't come up. Waite will play IMO ;)

Reply #112
Jarrad Waite: the bell tolls for thee......

Yep...might get another year if we dont trade for a KP Forward but if we do I think his days are numbered as Mick seems to have him as a fall guy.

It seems that way.
He had 16 touches and kicked a couple of goals last week, Casboult had 5 touches and Henderson 7 and Hendo probably had 2 in the first half, and between them Levi and Lachie managed one point.
Three tall forwards and they drop the one who had by far the best game, unless it's an attitude thing or he told Malthouse to GAGF it just doesn't make any sense.
Waite's no superstar but we're a much better side when he's up and about.
there must be a reason , maybe age, some commitment issue, but if you had to put $ on one of Waite, Casboult , or Hendo to win you a game , even only based upon this years form, who would it be?

Reply #113
Lucas pooed his pants in about 4 contests the last time we played the Pies.

I was embarrassed for him.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #114

I could name a few more carlton players that did the same since then.....

Reply #115

I could name a few more carlton players that did the same since then.....

Go ahead.

How's your team going by the way.?

Bombres had a bad day yesterday on and off the field.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #116

I think its the Jarrod Waite inconsisitency Carrots.....can be a creative player, can kick goals himself but equally turns the ball over with a poor pass and then doesnt chase or backup for a second effort and thats when Mick loses it with him I think.

His second efforts are fine but he's an attacking footballer who rolls the dice so when it doesn't come off he's out of position, Yarran is similar in that respect.
Waite's always been the same, but in my opinion any good team needs its share of players with flair who can take games on and turn them, 22 David Ellards will get you precisely nowhere.
As for his not infrequent turnovers he's got at least 15 mates in our senior team.
He can be frustrating but he can also be brilliant and inspirational, and those types don't grow on trees.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #117
I think his attitude and general demeanor has stunk it up this past year.  He CLEARLY still has what it takes IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #118
I think his attitude and general demeanor has stunk it up this past year.  He CLEARLY still has what it takes IMO.

Maybe he's too scared of getting reported, it's been a while.  ;)
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #119
For those calling for Lucas to get a game...short memories.

We've axed Garlett for ducking his head and being soft...and you want to bring in Lucas like he's the messiah?

Broke may be playing some average games, Tuohy too, but you can't question their courage. Lucas gives a bad name to outside receivers.

If we were a well oiled machine sitting top 4, you might think about brining in Lucas as the cherry on top. All he'd have to do is feed off the others and run. However, where we are currently scrapping and fighting for every kick, Lucas is a liability who cannot be relied upon.

Our onfield situation is  no different to last year. In fact last year, being Micks first year, we were less oiled tha we are at present. I was one of the first to call for Licas's head, frustration started in the offseason comp ie watching his pissy little handballs seemingly given off for the purpose of avoiding body contact from opposition. But despite his deficiencies he gave us run, and was important in us getting over the line in some  of the games in first half of the season. This year we seem to be missing that run. He's not the answer to our problems but Brock has done sweet FA. Each time he's in a contests with open space nearby his opponent beats him with pace and we get smashed the other way. At least Lucas can chase.

― Mark Twain