Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4 : Blues Beat Saints To Win The Cake-Tin !!  (Read 45120 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4 : Blues Beat Saints To Win The Cake-Tin !!

Reply #135
Until you have better players that bring the pressure that Ellard and Armfield bring then you have to play them otherwise we get slaughtered like we did in round 2.

True. There's a balance and if too many young players are brought in at once it can be disastrous. Players like Ellard, Rowe etc. are transitional players who will be gone when we've developed or recruited better. We need them until then.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #136
Until you have better players that bring the pressure that Ellard and Armfield bring then you have to play them otherwise we get slaughtered like we did in round 2.

Spot on.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #137
We beat up on a team with 25 games average less experience and an average age 1y 8 mths  younger. A wins a win, tick. We were expected to win and we did, another tick. But thats about it. Lets not get carried away, lets see if we can repeat that this week agains the filth.

Reply #138
We beat up on a team with 25 games average less experience and an average age 1y 8 mths  younger. A wins a win, tick. We were expected to win and we did, another tick. But thats about it. Lets not get carried away, lets see if we can repeat that this week agains the filth.

Good call. Very scrappy affair. When a couple of kids inject some youthful exuberance, hopefully it has a positive effect on the psycy of the group. Coll are beatable. I think we will have a real crack at them
Eat more chooks

Reply #139
Good call. Very scrappy affair. When a couple of kids inject some youthful exuberance, hopefully it has a positive effect on the psycy of the group. Coll are beatable. I think we will have a real crack at them
If Cripps and Hendo repeat yesterdays performances, we win v The Filth. Its that simple.

Reply #140
If Cripps and Hendo repeat yesterdays performances, we win v The Filth. Its that simple.

I wouldn't think that would be enough.

Saints are crapful and ran out of gas in the last half.

We won't get that opportunity v the Pies.

We'd need everyone else to play much much better.

Even then I can't see us winning,
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #141

Yes - hoping of course for a win, but I'll settle for a fiercely contested honorable loss.

Reply #142
Woohoo we won !!!

I'm not getting too excited though, some of the things I saw in the 1st half were really embarrassing still.

We don't handle pressure well, and we don't apply enough of it ourselves. IMO the best way to reduce the pressure on yourself, is to up the pressure on your opponent. I'm not sure our guys have figured that out yet.

Cripps is a ripper, he looked way better that Murph today in my eyes. Besides his extraction work, he can take a really good grab up forward. But what I liked the most about him was his response after his goal today. He let out an almighty roar, and then about 3 more as he ran back to the centre square. To me it demonstrated great motivation and leadership. Great to see from a young kid !!

I like that Boekhurst is there for his run, but he is not afraid to get involved around stoppages. He is not just an outside runner.

I love what Bell offers, and he was well rewarded yesterday. We all know his weaknesses but i think the positives outweigh the negatives for him.

Hendo, keep him forward, with better midfield intensity and delivery he will provide a good target. Heaven knows we need him as the other 2(Jones & Casboult), do not offer enough in the F50.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #143

My point was that if those two continue with yesterdays form, there will be a hell of a lot of other things going right for us also.

Reply #144
C Judd will be a fair addition to that side.
Eat more chooks

Reply #145
Did anyone else notice that Bell's disposal efficiency was 100% and that he made no critical errors?  Of course, he also kicked 4 goals, had a hand in two others and threw his weight around. 

That won't stop some folk calling for him to be dropped and/or traded  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #146
Did anyone else notice that Bell's disposal efficiency was 100% and that he made no critical errors?  Of course, he also kicked 4 goals, had a hand in two others and threw his weight around. 

He had a great game.

Love to see Tommy start to use his bulk to protect Murph at the stoppages. Only needs a couple of impacts to teach blokes to lay off Murph.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #147

If he continues to do that certainly not, but that was the exception, not the rule.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #148

The win, as ugly as it may have been, might create some belief. Players run a bit harder, they're a bit more resilient, etc and you then never know what happens.

We'll probably get spanked but we can dream

Reply #149
If he continues to do that certainly not, but that was the exception, not the rule.

He was starting to show some good signs last year before he hurt his finger, If he get's a clear run at it this year I think we'll see him develop both in confidence and composure.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.