Skip to main content
Topic: Daisy charged for striking Laidler! - can accept 1 game suspension (Read 54773 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Daisy charged for striking Laidler! - can accept 1 game suspension

Reply #45
We've taken since Williams pushed that umpire.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #47
We've taken since Williams pushed that umpire.

You never touch an umpire but that sh1tes me to tears that day.

The umpire virtually put himself in the way, from some angles it looked like he actually change direction to step in front of Williams when they are specifically instructed to stay out of the fray and adjudicate from the outside.

Further for the action the penalty was way over the top, two or three weeks maybe at best.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #48
I'd say with regards to Laidler, that has already happened. ;)

Love to know what that wink's about.....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #49
You never touch an umpire but that sh1tes me to tears that day.

The umpire virtually put himself in the way, from some angles it looked like he actually change direction to step in front of Williams when they are specifically instructed to stay out of the fray and adjudicate from the outside.

Further for the action the penalty was way over the top, two or three weeks maybe at best.

Remind yourself - the argy bargy had broken and the players had gone their separate ways up by the time the umpire approached Diesel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYi_zBCVUeA

You have to wonder why he got involved at all?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #50
Anyone who puts on a navy blue jumper with CFC on the front is worth standing for IMO (despite the fact I think it was a dumb ass act). Its a lesson we can learn from the Scum.

#UNITED

I say pick and choose your battles with the AFL. This is a pass.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #51
Love to know what that wink's about.....

Karma bus ie Mick got rid of Laidler, only one of them is still employed.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #52
Remind yourself - the argy bargy had broken and the players had gone their separate ways up by the time the umpire approached Diesel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYi_zBCVUeA

You have to wonder why he got involved at all?

FMD, you know how to sh1te me to tears!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #53
Bolton has defended Daisy in what is a far cry from our pathetic response to Yarran clocking Chapman:

Carlton coach Brendon Bolton has defended embattled midfielder Dale Thomas, claiming he wants his men to play on the edge.

Thomas will miss Thursday-week's season opener against Richmond, after being handed a one-match suspension by the match review panel for a high elbow on Sydney's Jeremy Laidler.
It's a less than ideal start for Thomas, who has been plagued by injuries and poor form since making his big-money move to the Blues.

While Bolton conceded Thomas would like his time again, he was quick to defend his player.

"We're a footy club who likes to play on the edge," Bolton said.

"However, looking in hindsight and I think Daisy has looked at it, he would have done things differently, no doubt about that."

"It's a really good learning curve for our whole playing group and Daisy appreciated that."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-2016-brendon-bolton-defends-dale-thomas-over-jeremy-laidler-incident-20160316-gnkg51.html#ixzz433Jw3Uul

I like how we've gone fro a team that wouldn't say boo to a goose to one that likes to play on the edge in just six months  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #54
Everyone is sick and tired of this club being pushed around and everyone wants a bit more mongrel. Hawks being the model, but even going back to the lions in their threepeat era is the yard stick.

All of those clubs have overstepped the mark and had more than their fair share of 'incidents'. Bolts is right, that is what happens when you play on the edge.

Now, nobody condones getting rubbed out, but Daisys suspension, along with Walkers wrestling fine, is a sign that they at least want to hold their own.

I suspect that a lot of the negatives being thrown around is because of WHO it is, rather than WHAT actually happened.

Reply #55
Everyone is sick and tired of this club being pushed around and everyone wants a bit more mongrel. Hawks being the model, but even going back to the lions in their threepeat era is the yard stick.

All of those clubs have overstepped the mark and had more than their fair share of 'incidents'. Bolts is right, that is what happens when you play on the edge.

Now, nobody condones getting rubbed out, but Daisys suspension, along with Walkers wrestling fine, is a sign that they at least want to hold their own.

I suspect that a lot of the negatives being thrown around is because of WHO it is, rather than WHAT actually happened.

Particularly when the offender is one of our most experienced players and, allegedly, a de facto leader who should have known better than to give a cheap shot and get caught doing it.

I reckon Bolton is p1ssed off with Thomas for copping a suspension but, rather than criticising him publicly (as Carrazzo did to Yarran), he has defended his player and used it as a learning experience for the group.  We like to play on the edge, dish it out, but don't get suspended.

A refreshing change and it won't take long for other teams to give up any idea that we'll go to water when things get physical.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #56
I'll play the new game and say that Laidler probably deserved it but unfortunately Daisy got caught!  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #57
Particularly when the offender is one of our most experienced players and, allegedly, a de facto leader who should have known better than to give a cheap shot and get caught doing it.

I reckon Bolton is p1ssed off with Thomas for copping a suspension but, rather than criticising him publicly (as Carrazzo did to Yarran), he has defended his player and used it as a learning experience for the group.  We like to play on the edge, dish it out, but don't get suspended.

A refreshing change and it won't take long for other teams to give up any idea that we'll go to water when things get physical.
It has been apparent in the play of a lot of our players, especially in neutral situations over the last few weeks. However, we need to get really good at it and hide our thuggery like Hawthorn do. Our guys do not know how and when to show that aggression yet. Hawthorn took a while to 'get it right'. Hopefully, so will we.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #58
Play on the edge??....Daisy needs to concentrate on getting a kick and make it go more than 30m...that was hardly on the edge stuff, a cheap shot to a unsuspecting player who is off the placid variety....I say save it for Goddard, Hodge, Lewis or someone who deserves it...but we all know Daisy aint that dumb to give a cheapie to someone who will clock him straight back with interest..
Daisy the wannabe enforcer we dont need.....Daisy the midfielder with 30 possies a game we do.....keep away from the edge Daisy, you might get hurt and embarrass yourself..

Reply #59
Play on the edge??....Daisy needs to concentrate on getting a kick and make it go more than 30m...that was hardly on the edge stuff, a cheap shot to a unsuspecting player who is off the placid variety....I say save it for Goddard, Hodge, Lewis or someone who deserves it...but we all know Daisy aint that dumb to give a cheapie to someone who will clock him straight back with interest..
Daisy the wannabe enforcer we dont need.....Daisy the midfielder with 30 possies a game we do.....keep away from the edge Daisy, you might get hurt and embarrass yourself..
Yes, Thomas does have some issues with his physique that leaves him looking for scrawnier alternatives. But hopefully 105 kg of Casboult can pound into Hodge or Lewis some day. Interesting to see if they can survive that. :) :)
Live Long and Prosper!