Skip to main content
Topic: Daisy charged for striking Laidler! - can accept 1 game suspension (Read 54764 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Daisy charged for striking Laidler! - can accept 1 game suspension

Reply #150
When we got him, the Collingwood physio team were sure he was finally about to get his body right again. I don't have many connections in the football world but I can speak with authority on this one. Collingwood obviously had their doubts but it wasn't because of his ankle

That is exactly what I have heard, they were not happy that after two years of hard work he looked like he would get back on the track at another club. Do your contacts know anything about an alleged Barney Rubble that occurred at the Lexus Center around that time. It's alleged a confrontation about Daisy's departure resulted in a locker door being ripped off it hinges and the contents of the locker being tossed out onto the bitumen at the rear entrance. Very mature behaviour! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #151
It would be very sad if the club had been negligent in there medical reports on Daisey , but there does seem to be something amiss here. Even last year his kicking was ok not distance wise , but in general

Reply #152
That is exactly what I have heard, they were not happy that after two years of hard work he looked like he would get back on the track at another club. Do your contacts know anything about an alleged Barney Rubble that occurred at the Lexus Center around that time. It's alleged a confrontation about Daisy's departure resulted in a locker door being ripped off it hinges and the contents of the locker being tossed out onto the bitumen at the rear entrance. Very mature behaviour! ;)

Unfortunately not, I would have liked to see that!
I was only told of the disappointment of the medical team after they finally thought they were on track. I am sure the team is well and truly over their disappointed now though.

Reply #153
Sorry, not doubting your contacts and the info above is in fact from Jofo claiming to have inside info as well. Hard to know what to believe but also hard to comprehend that he could be so broken and no one would realise.

No need to apologise, there is potential for both info to be accurate. In any case, if jofo's info is correct, then we deserve everything we get. You can't just dismiss your own med teams advice and still offer lucrative contracts.

Reply #154
Given its a medical team offering advice,  it's possible that they didn't agree on the outcomes.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #155
Given its a medical team offering advice,  it's possible that they didn't agree on the outcomes.

Yes, and there are a lot of people who are non-committal and hand out vague assessments only to claim the high ground in hindsight, Doctors are not excluded.

But the real doubt is that we know the board was divided on Malthouse, split vote to get rid of Ratten, yet we would have to accept those who were unhappy did not leak the fact that Daisy was recruited against the club doctors medical advice. It's just very difficult to accept that was the case given our history of club leaks!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #156
Yes, and there are a lot of people who are non-committal and hand out vague assessments only to claim the high ground in hindsight, Doctors are not excluded.

But the real doubt is that we know the board was divided on Malthouse, split vote to get rid of Ratten, yet we would have to accept those who were unhappy did not leak the fact that Daisy was recruited against the club doctors medical advice. It's just very difficult to accept that was the case given our history of club leaks!

Not if the bloke who was leaking the info was the bloke who got Daisy over.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #157
Not if the bloke who was leaking the info was the bloke who got Daisy over.

The removal of Ratten was a split vote from the biggest board in the AFL, it wasn't a single voter and I'd assert not a single source of leaks.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #158
The removal of Ratten was a split vote from the biggest board in the AFL, it wasn't a single voter and I'd assert not a single source of leaks.

You can't really draw any conclusion from that though.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #159
You can't really draw any conclusion from that though.

True, but our club does have that leaky history.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #160
Does anyone really think that adding Daisy to our list, paying him around $700,000 per season and giving him a four year contract with an option for a fifth year was a good decision?

Spin it any way you like but it really was one of the two most inexplicable decisions our club has made in the last decade.

I was hoping to see a rejuvenated Daisy this season - and I don't doubt his efforts - but I'm afraid his body just isn't capable of performing at AFL level.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #161
Does anyone really think that adding Daisy to our list, paying him around $700,000 per season and giving him a four year contract with an option for a fifth year was a good decision?

Spin it any way you like but it really was one of the two most inexplicable decisions our club has made in the last decade.

I was hoping to see a rejuvenated Daisy this season - and I don't doubt his efforts - but I'm afraid his body just isn't capable of performing at AFL level.

Your taken the media bait again DJC, who with any authority said he gets $700K, where was that amount first reported?

When he first signed it was touted as a contract worth "up to $2.5M", I am assuming the "up to" part includes the option year.

At the time that was said to have put Daisy's wage in-line with Murphy's who was reported as being on about $550K when he re-signed.

Now with every toe stubbing kick the media keep pumping up Daisy's value, in what appears to be either a case of severe one-upmanship or out of desperation to pull a headline. If he fluffs a handball he could be the newest AFL millionaire before seasons end! :D  Just a week ago Malph Ralph reported he was on at least $3.5M for the same deal, and "as much as $750K" was reported. So according to the media we have to accept that he is paid 50% more than our captain, or twice what Kreuzer is paid and double what we allegedly refused to pay Betts. It's bogus reporting! :o

It's designed to tug at your Carlton heart strings and collect ratings and web hits, and you've bitten! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #162

I repeat this question.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #163
I repeat this question.

Does anyone think letting Betts go for $300k was a good idea? That question is just as relevant, just as accurate, because it is the inaccuracy of the dollar figure and the reference to an alleged deliberate action that frames the argument!

In the Yarran 7kg Overweight thread you made this comment, highlighting the importance of context at the time Yarran was dropped.

You talk like that was a huge moment......Yarran was yet to be a regular so it was no surprise he was dropped.

You have to be consistent, you have to judge the Daisy decision in context and with relevant figures or you relegate your argument to emotional irrelevance.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #164
Your taken the media bait again DJC, who with any authority said he gets $700K, where was that amount first reported?

When he first signed it was touted as a contract worth "up to $2.5M", I am assuming the "up to" part includes the option year.

At the time that was said to have put Daisy's wage in-line with Murphy's who was reported as being on about $550K when he re-signed.

Now with every toe stubbing kick the media keep pumping up Daisy's value, in what appears to be either a case of severe one-upmanship or out of desperation to pull a headline. If he fluffs a handball he could be the newest AFL millionaire before seasons end! :D  Just a week ago Malph Ralph reported he was on at least $3.5M for the same deal, and "as much as $750K" was reported. So according to the media we have to accept that he is paid 50% more than our captain, or twice what Kreuzer is paid and double what we allegedly refused to pay Betts. It's bogus reporting! :o

It's designed to tug at your Carlton heart strings and collect ratings and web hits, and you've bitten! ;)

I reckon Robert Walls has a pretty good handle on how much Thomas is being paid and I accept his assertion that Thomas is our highest paid player on at least $700K.

Even if he was on $450K for four years with an option for a fifth year, it would still rate as on of our worst list management decisions.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball