Skip to main content
Topic: R14 - Carlton vs Giants (In-game thread) (Read 34299 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R14 - Carlton vs Giants (In-game thread)

Reply #45
Living proof that this club is in the biggest crisis of its history and is fast being irrelevant.  Nothing on the field.... bottom 4 at best, nothing in the twos, almost no decent juniors, recruiting and development a mess, a dysfunctional administration/board... seriously, why would anybody want anything to do with this club... refuses to acknowledge where it's at and zero attempt at rectifying things.

For example....Why weren't a swag of kids played this game?  Why do we continue with the same group that is taking us backwards???
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #46
Don't want to say I told you so, but Patton is killing Rowe........actually, I do want to say I told you so. ;) ;)

Patton is not killing Rowe. The midfield is giving Rowe no choice.

I think Patton threw off Rowe on one occasion. The rest is elite delivery that SOS himself couldn't stop.
Taken 5 contested marks against Rowe already. Even the commentators who are usually useless, well Dwayne Russel is, anyway, can see it and question why Jammo hasn't been moved onto him. You must be watching a different game.

And he didn't throw him off the ball, he out bodied Rowe, just like Hawkins did when we played Geelong.

Take off the Carlton glasses and try and look at the game in an unbiased manner.

Reply #47
Where are our senior players. Bunch of kids making us look like crap.

Simmo, walker, carrazzo, judd, waite all f$cking sh1t

We have NO leaders to lift us.

Not even one.

Pray the afl change the history and allow us another few cups.  Can't see another one for decades.

Is mick going to say in the presser 'make no mistake we played a very good football team today'

I'm I've this club

Reply #48
Walker should spend the next month in the twos working on field kicking and positioning... all year this bloke has killed us in defence with turnovers and idiotic decision making.

Reply #49
So obvious the better teams like Geelong and hawks in recent weeks play with us.

They do what they need to win and we walk away thinking we aren't far away.

We are mile off a top 8 team let alone top 4.

Gone backwards.

Reply #50
Walker should spend the next month in the twos working on field kicking and positioning... all year this bloke has killed us in defence with turnovers and idiotic decision making.

Agree, and on top of that he is a sook

Reply #51
Living proof that this club is in the biggest crisis of its history and is fast being irrelevant.  Nothing on the field.... bottom 4 at best, nothing in the twos, almost no decent juniors, recruiting and development a mess, a dysfunctional administration/board... seriously, why would anybody want anything to do with this club... refuses to acknowledge where it's at and zero attempt at rectifying things.

For example....Why weren't a swag of kids played this game?  Why do we continue with the same group that is taking us backwards???
Couldn't agree more. I have been watching them for 60 years, and have seen all the lows, but there was always a reason for those lows. E.G. the punishing fines and ;lost draft picks coz of the salary cap rorting. But this is a team that do not have the mental capacity to perform for 100 minutes every weak no matter who the opponents are.

Reply #52
Cachia or Curnow should be playing a first tagger, not Carazzo.

I'd drop Walker for Johnson and Waite is bloody lucky we don't have any junior forwards to bring in because he taking match payments under false pretences right now.

Reply #53
Henderson needs a serious rocket as well... 12 rounds of mediocrity from this bloke thus far this year.  Enough's enough.

Reply #54
Don't want to say I told you so, but Patton is killing Rowe........actually, I do want to say I told you so. ;) ;)

I think Patton threw off Rowe on one occasion. The rest is elite delivery that SOS himself couldn't stop.
Taken 5 contested marks against Rowe already. Even the commentators who are usually useless, well Dwayne Russel is, anyway, can see it and question why Jammo hasn't been moved onto him. You must be watching a different game.

And he didn't throw him off the ball, he out bodied Rowe, just like Hawkins did when we played Geelong.

Take off the Carlton glasses and try and look at the game in an unbiased manner.

FYI, 'threw him off the ball' is the ultimate 'out bodying' so i'm paying him a big compliment. Yes, Rowe was also outbodied by Hawkins previously, which i admitted to as well. No Carlton bias there.

Question...name 1 player who wouldn't be outbodied by those 2. They are the best big forwards going around and its not a career killer to lose a contest or 2 against them.

FWIW, Patton has only taken 4 contested marks, so having 5 against Rowe is showing your bias by exaggerating.

Going back to what i said previously, when there is no pressure on the midfield, any forward will look a million bucks against any defender.
Just like a minute later when we ran through the guts unchallenged and found Waite as easy as any training drill.

Pressure the mids and our team will look like a million bucks.

Reply #55
We aren't any good, but we do have the players out on the field today, who have the ability if they were to put in, to win this game.

What will kill us, is Walker's turnovers, Waite can't kick a goal, Hendo having a cup of tea and enjoying the sunshine, Simmo who has lost form over the last few weeks, Touhey who is in and out and doesn't do enough, Casboult who is also enjoying the Sunshine and playing with his beard, Yarran who comes on in spurts Everrit who doesn't do enough......that'l do.

Reply #56
I don't even watch the games any more, just come here match day and read the same Shute week in week out. For comedy I just watch Low jewdice back malthouse

Reply #57

Agree, and on top of that he is a sook
ANother terrible kick by Walker.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #58

FYI, 'threw him off the ball' is the ultimate 'out bodying' so i'm paying him a big compliment. Yes, Rowe was also outbodied by Hawkins previously, which i admitted to as well. No Carlton bias there.

Question...name 1 player who wouldn't be outbodied by those 2. They are the best big forwards going around and its not a career killer to lose a contest or 2 against them.

FWIW, Patton has only taken 4 contested marks, so having 5 against Rowe is showing your bias by exaggerating.

Going back to what i said previously, when there is no pressure on the midfield, any forward will look a million bucks against any defender.
Just like a minute later when we ran through the guts unchallenged and found Waite as easy as any training drill.

Pressure the mids and our team will look like a million bucks.

Make up all the excuses you want, Rowe is getting killed by Patton who is 10 classes above him as a player and always will be.

Reply #59
I don't even watch the games any more, just come here match day and read the same Shute week in week out. For comedy I just watch Low jewdice back malthouse
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D