Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 15: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 37994 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 15: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #75
5 pages and no word on Jack Silvagni. Is he a bit of a protected species??  Didn't see the game at all but others seem to be potted before Jack.

Inconsistent but still young - he will come good 22-23 years old. Needs to have a couple of A graders around him which he doesn't - this is why I want Murphy playing as small forward to lead the forward line with Wright. He is hitting the scoreboard which is important and runs his arse off every game . I think he is starting to get tired now but will finish the season around 10 disposal average and some 20 goals. Next year you would want him to target something along the lines of 12 disposal average and 25 goals... then 15 disposal average and 30 goals..... then we will have a player. He has kicked 12 goals this year so far.

Reply #76
5 pages and no word on Jack Silvagni. Is he a bit of a protected species??  Didn't see the game at all but others seem to be potted before Jack.

It's hard to pot a bloke who bleeds navy, gives 100% does what he does well but just needs to get involved more when expectations out of the kid are low.

He is ahead of schedule and would probably do well to have a spell in the vfl but someone needs to be knocking on the door.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #77
Inconsistent but still young - he will come good 22-23 years old. Needs to have a couple of A graders around him which he doesn't -

This puts it in a nutshell.
Silvagni is tracking well, if we were a top side he'd be spending more time in the VFL but we don't have that luxury.
He's got Levi, Sumner and other  bit players around him to teach him the craft, along with Charlie Curnow who is on L plates as well,  we need to be more patient with him than usual. 
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #78
Silvagni played his first senior game a year ago this week...
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #79
Don't understand the anti-Murphy rants, he was clearly in our best yesterday.

Also Gibbs, Jones, Kreuzer, Curnow, Simpson, Docherty, Kerridge played well. All four quarter players.

I reckon if we had ACoS yesterday we might well have won!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #80
Silvagni played his first senior game a year ago this week...

You get the very rare exception, like Diesel Williams, but most players don't hit their straps until their third season.
Kouta played only 14 games in his first two seasons, averaged 15 touches in his third then 20 in 25 games in his fourth including 31 touches and 8 marks in the winning Grand Final. 
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #81
Seriously RR, if you made that call 2 years ago then my estimation of your football nous goes up another notch, and it was already at a high level. You should be offering your services to our football department on a consultancy basis! ;)

Been there - tried that

Reply #82
Gibbs will be playing out his contract with us  :) ... and he was BoG by a long way.

It's funny how folk watch the same game and see it completely differently.  I guess that's footy!

I half agree - Gibbs was clearly BoG in the second half and was as effective as he was against the Suns but I thought his first half was more similar to last week's disappointing effort - decent stats but he went back to his long-term habit of kicking to get rid of the ball - rather than making the extra commitment to kick to a real advantage.

He is elite when he puts his body on the line but ...

Reply #83
You get the very rare exception, like Diesel Williams, but most players don't hit their straps until their third season.
Kouta played only 14 games in his first two seasons, averaged 15 touches in his third then 20 in 25 games in his fourth including 31 touches and 8 marks in the winning Grand Final.

Firstly, Kouta played 30 games in his first two seasons, 8 games in 1993 and 22 in 1994.

Lets make some relevant comparisons, Kouta was Charlie Curnow like in a team that finished 2nd on the ladder in his first two seasons. So without being disrespectful to young Silvagni I think Kouta had far more competition just to win a spot in the team!

I fear for this kid, the expectations on him are massive because of his name, but it means nothing. If his surname was White people would be looking at the very same numbers and claiming he's trade fodder!

Thought Weitering was very ordinary today too. Is he injured or just bereft of confidence?

Jones was the standout of the backline again. Kudos to that bloke!

FB, you're starting to sound like a real Corne, every game we win it's all about how bad the opposition was, and when we lose it's all about how bad we were! No matter what happens, your posts are all about how crap we are!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #84
Firstly, Kouta played 30 games in his first two seasons, 8 games in 1993 and 22 in 1994.

Lets make some relevant comparisons, Kouta was Charlie Curnow like in a team that finished 2nd on the ladder in his first two seasons. So without being disrespectful to young Silvagni I think Kouta had far more competition just to win a spot in the team!

I fear for this kid, the expectations on him are massive because of his name, but it means nothing. If his surname was White people would be looking at the very same numbers and claiming he's trade fodder!

FB, you're starting to sound like a real Corne, every game we win it's all about how bad the opposition was, and we we lose it's all about how bad we were!

B4L is right. Kouta played 14 games in his first two seasons. 6 games in 1992 (debut R13 v Adelaide) and 8 games in 1993.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/A/Anthony_Koutoufides.html

Reply #85
BFL is right. Kouta played 14 games in his first two seasons. 6 games in 1992 (debut R13 v Adelaide) and 8 games in 1993.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/A/Anthony_Koutoufides.html

Thanks Laj, sorry B4L my bad, my Kouta stats links are missing 1992.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #87
Kouta did play 1 or 2 years in the reserves before he played AFL didn't he?

Reply #88
Kouta did play 1 or 2 years in the reserves before he played AFL didn't he?

U19's for a few years before that.

Think he was at the club as a 15yo maybe

Reply #89

FB, you're starting to sound like a real Corne, every game we win it's all about how bad the opposition was, and when we lose it's all about how bad we were! No matter what happens, your posts are all about how crap we are!

X2