Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge Rd #3: Carlton vs. Geelong (Read 52511 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge Rd #3: Carlton vs. Geelong

Reply #120
Did Nick Graham play in this one?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #121
Did Nick Graham play in this one?
No
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #122
You can't make judgments on practice games when the senior players are instructed to go half pace.

I have often wondered how you instruct an elite footballer to 'go half pace'.  I can't imagine Judd not trying his hardest to stop Selwood getting the pill.

Senior players will often spend more time on the pine or may be played out of position but I doubt if they are told to take it easy.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #123
You can't make judgments on practice games when the senior players are instructed to go half pace.

I have often wondered how you instruct an elite footballer to 'go half pace'.  I can't imagine Judd not trying his hardest to stop Selwood getting the pill.

Senior players will often spend more time on the pine or may be played out of position but I doubt if they are told to take it easy.

There's a significant drop off in intensity, no doubt about it.

Reply #124

I have often wondered how you instruct an elite footballer to 'go half pace'. I can't imagine Judd not trying his hardest to stop Selwood getting the pill.

Juddy didn't tackle too hard.

Reply #125
Daisy, Judd and many had some really soft tackle attempts. I never expect full intensity in NAB games. I hope we don't see too many soft efforts from Round one this season though.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #126
Daisy, Judd and many had some really soft tackle attempts. I never expect full intensity in NAB games. I hope we don't see too many soft efforts from Round one this season though.

Daisy's tackle on Guthrie when he did that blind turn and goaled was a Barry Crocker...no effort and Daisy looked like an old man trying to make it.....

Reply #127
That was the attempt in the 1st or second quarter. I think it was the 1st. Lazy practice teaches lazy as a way of life. Sure you don't have to completely take a guys head off but Daisy wouldn't have even put a twig like Garlett off with that attempt. Guthrie made our blokes look weak in body, slow by foot, and a lack of awareness from what I saw.

I have read the previous posts, but after watching the game there are some sugar coated reports on player performances. Not to worry as we need to see round one against Richmond. I am starting to worry about this first match.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #128
That was the attempt in the 1st or second quarter. I think it was the 1st. Lazy practice teaches lazy as a way of life. Sure you don't have to completely take a guys head off but Daisy wouldn't have even put a twig like Garlett off with that attempt. Guthrie made our blokes look weak in body, slow by foot, and a lack of awareness from what I saw.

I have read the previous posts, but after watching the game there are some sugar coated reports on player performances. Not to worry as we need to see round one against Richmond. I am starting to worry about this first match.

Tigers will start favourites and Nick Bowen in his AFL preview of our season predicted us to finish 14th...so we are underdogs going into the game which isnt a bad thing IMO.
I dont rate Richmond at all and would be very dissapointed if we lost to them...

Reply #129

Tigers will start favourites and Nick Bowen in his AFL preview of our season predicted us to finish 14th...so we are underdogs going into the game which isnt a bad thing IMO.
I dont rate Richmond at all and would be very dissapointed if we lost to them...
x 2. One thing they did prove they can do much better than us is win more than 2 or 3 in a row.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #130

Daisy's tackle on Guthrie when he did that blind turn and goaled was a Barry Crocker...no effort and Daisy looked like an old man trying to make it.....

Senior players are instructed to just use the games for fitness. If they're seen to be going too hard they get subbed off.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #131

Really? Didn't they win 11 straight or something like that (including Sydney round 23)? No way we could've done the same thing.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #132

Really? Didn't they win 11 straight or something like that (including Sydney round 23)? No way we could've done the same thing.

They did win a string of games and beat the Swans but I still dont rate them...played above themselves IMO.......if we cannot beat them in round 1 then
its going to be a long season...

Reply #133
This is definitely a very important game as a barometer for 2015 in terms of how we are progressing or not. No excuses Blues, we MUST win. I will be tipping us in expectation!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #134

Its dead set embarrassing to think we haven't won 3 in a round since the latter part of 2013. Cant remember the last time we strung together more than 3, I think we won  4 in a row back in 2011. Unacceptable.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th