Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 29808 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #165
I picked.the honorable loss. We are the absolute masters of it. Seen it too often to get excited about running Collingwood close. We did the the same against the Eagles last, led late and lost by 10pts. See it too often to get sucked in.

Fact is that is now 4 wins fron 40.

Never seen you look happier Jim ????????
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #166
Usually by now I’ve moved on from the disappointment but I can’t shake this one off. Anyone else?

I should be used to it really but this one has really bitten deep ????

x3...Got excited by the way we played and made comment in the in game thread we would win that game so
I was very disappointed and felt cheated by the umpires and thats what remains as a nagging frustration.

Reply #167

Fact is that is now 4 wins fron 40.

Fact also is our game has improved a lot from last season.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #168
Fact also is our game has improved a lot from last season.

That's not saying much, last season was our worst season for 100 years.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #170

We've shown in patches the best footy we've played since Bolton took over, and I would argue the best since Mick's first season.

Reply #171
We've shown in patches the best footy we've played since Bolton took over, and I would argue the best since Mick's first season.

Nonetheless, whilst I agree with you, at some point we need to start winning games consistently (this year) otherwise Bolton will be made the fall guy - rightly or wrongly....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #172
Nonetheless, whilst I agree with you, at some point we need to start winning games consistently (this year) otherwise Bolton will be made the fall guy - rightly or wrongly....

Objectively both accurate statements.

One discusses a love of the new direction, while the other repeats concerns that the old ways have not yet left.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #173

Correct, and while everyone might be happy with the way we played, we still don't spread the load enough.
Far too reliant on too few. Cripps and Kruezer were standouts, even though Grundy was very good.
I like what Weitering is bringing, some real class there.
Charlie did some very good things for the first time this year but still many silly mistakes.
We really needed Newman playing to sure up the back line.
Stocker looks good, solid player with a good kick.
Cunningham looks like he's improving

Reply #174

But still nowhere near what Ratts had us achieving, in terms of Ws and Ls.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #175
But still nowhere near what Ratts had us achieving, in terms of Ws and Ls.

We won’t be defined by Ws and Ls  ;)

I had to meet a bloke at North Shore at 7 this morning to pick up some corrugated iron.  On the drive back, I switched the wireless to SEN just in time to hear Garry, Timmy and Nick talk about our game.  They were all in furious agreement that we are on the improve and the wins will come.  They also heaped praise on our midfield for matching the Pies’ mob.  That reminded me of a pre-season discussion in which it was suggested that we were about three years behind Collingwood’s midfield.  Guess what? We’ve caught up  :)

While we may not have the Ws we would like, our Ls have been close and, except for the North debacle, we aren’t experiencing the blowout losses that eventually cost Ratts his job.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #176

I had to meet a bloke at North Shore at 7 this morning to pick up some corrugated iron.  On the drive back, I switched the wireless to SEN just in time to hear Garry, Timmy and Nick talk about our game.  They were all in furious agreement that we are on the improve and the wins will come.  They also heaped praise on our midfield for matching the Pies’ mob.  That reminded me of a pre-season discussion in which it was suggested that we were about three years behind Collingwood’s midfield.  Guess what? We’ve caught up  :)

While we may not have the Ws we would like, our Ls have been close and, except for the North debacle, we aren’t experiencing the blowout losses that eventually cost Ratts his job.

Correct, we haven't had a blowout for 8 days  :))

Reply #177
With fair umpirung today. We win.

This. x 1 million.
I thought that bar the last 5 minutes, where our guys looked broken once Collingwood got more than a goal in front, we were the better side. Deserved a win, but obviously the AFL had decreed differently, and they had instructed the umps to make it happen.
24-8 free kick count is putrid, and just doesnt happen legitimately at this level of footy.

Reply #178

I was rarely convinced during Ratten's tenure that we could compete consistently.

Even in our best season under him, there just seemed to be some really big gaps between our best and our worst that would cost us matches.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #179
This. x 1 million.
I thought that bar the last 5 minutes, where our guys looked broken once Collingwood got more than a goal in front, we were the better side. Deserved a win, but obviously the AFL had decreed differently, and they had instructed the umps to make it happen.
24-8 free kick count is putrid, and just doesnt happen legitimately at this level of footy.

I believe in the conspiracy theory!
The theory that the AFL will do whatever it can to keep us down for as long as possible.
They brought in Free Agency to keep the good teams up.
They introduced the Runner rule which effects young teams.
They are influencing the umps.
etc...
How can a 24-8 free kick count not be questioned? :o
2024... Moir of the same to come