Skip to main content
Topic: R8 - Blues vs Saints (Monday night mauling?) (Read 56084 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R8 - Blues vs Saints (Monday night mauling?)

Reply #135
He as re-signed for two years last year remember? After he performed ok? Now he just sits in the seconds whilst blokes with no future at the club get a run.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #136
If Watson just had an extra yard of pace he would be a very good player.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #137
At least for the first time in years, we wont have to put up with Therapist and his inflammatory antics and annual birthday performances against us!!!
Cue Milera

Reply #139
He as re-signed for two years last year remember? After he performed ok? Now he just sits in the seconds whilst blokes with no future at the club get a run.

Have you watched him play Vfl?  There is nothing that screams pick me about the way he plays football aside from his kicking. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #140
If Ifs and Buts were chips and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas. Poor, uneducated recruiting was that of Watson, a man child dominating. Especially when Darling was still available, not sure i'll ever get over that.

Reply #141

Have you watched him play Vfl?  There is nothing that screams pick me about the way he plays football aside from his kicking. 

I thought he did really well up forward last year and looked to be coming on until he got injured. This year he gets given one crack at it, does alright, then gets dropped to the twos whilst we play Rowe and White.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #142
I wouldn't say he did alright.  Ports forward line really did a number on our backline.

Besides he hurt himself in that game anyway.

Rowe is at worst stopping a forward.  Ditto White.  It's why the other two (Watson and Mccinnes)are not playing.

Giles did marginally better than Watson last weekend.  Featherstone was killing Watson until he went off injured again.  He hurt his hand and came off second quarter for anyone wondering and then Coburg had to find another avenue to goal.  Unfortunately they did.

Paul Hewson

Reply #143
I would say Watson generally performs better in blue.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #144
I would say Watson generally performs better in blue.

I would agree with this, but thus far his best Afl game has not been that good.

Paul Hewson

Reply #145
Watson will be played forward in this game IMO. Rowe and white are doing their jobs done back. Time to use his kicking to his advantage up front. Really want this kid to do well. Seems like there is something there, wish it would show ;)

Reply #146
Watson will be played forward in this game IMO. Rowe and white are doing their jobs done back. Time to use his kicking to his advantage up front. Really want this kid to do well. Seems like there is something there, wish it would show ;)

I really like this idea, he was used a couple of times late last year as a CHF and did well enough for another go. As a defender his pack of pace is exposed but as a forward he can use his smarts and Matt has a good set of hands and a booming kick that can stretch the saints undersized defence.

Reply #147

If I just had a little more height I could have been a very good player  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #149
Cachia played today so would be out of calculation. Watson and Armfield are the other 2 emergencies.  Not sure if there will be a last minute change........

Perfect conditions under the roof, so they must know exactly who they will put on the park.