Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 6: Post game Awesomeness (Read 33904 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 6: Post game Awesomeness

Reply #120
What they are saying is "Buy Foxtel!" >:(
I have not had any problems other than Telstra and Apple both charging me for the subscription despite me telling them I only needed one (from Apple). Are the Telstra and Apple versions different?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #121
problems galore for me too. Telstra customer to boot!

It's gotta be by design....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #122
problems galore for me too. Telstra customer to boot!

It's gotta be by design....

My neighbor had Foxtel bundled with his Telstra broadband and offloaded it because they kept changing the channel mix in his Foxtel subscription. He said the $30/month soon became $75 just to keep watching the same stuff, felt ripped off!

It certainly seems Foxtel is being pushed by Telstra.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #123
I have not had any problems other than Telstra and Apple both charging me for the subscription despite me telling them I only needed one (from Apple). Are the Telstra and Apple versions different?

I don't know how it works GTC but I would imagine the subscription via Apple would be processed via the Apple store and communication with the Telstra/AFL environment would then be required. My wife uses MS Outlook on Apple and has had numerous issues which I don't get on my Windows PC or my Android tablet, so I guess it's probably a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is up to?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #124
I think Nick Graham deserves an honourable mention re his efforts, particularly in the first half. Earned his place.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #125
I think Nick Graham deserves an honourable mention re his efforts, particularly in the first half. Earned his place.

I've heard so many people say this.

Admittedly, i only had one eye on the TV as the rugrats were causing havoc, but everytime i saw Graham he was dropping marks and fumbling.  :-\

Reply #126
I must admit, A for effort, but didnt see too much in Graham's game to be particularly enthused about.

Reply #127

Admittedly, i only had one eye on the TV as the rugrats were causing havoc, but everytime i saw Graham he was dropping marks and fumbling.  :-\

I remain unconvinced on Graham...had him as reasonable vs the Swans, will probably hold his spot and it was good to see him get
some development time, but nothing he did was of a high standard...IMO.

Reply #128
I remain unconvinced on Graham...had him as reasonable vs the Swans, will probably hold his spot and it was good to see him get
some development time, but nothing he did was of a high standard...IMO.

I watched him pretty closely. He runs his butt off trying to make himself an option for a short pass. He literally doesn't stop. Can't fault him for that.

He lets himself down a bit with chasing. He's just that bit too slow and needs to hurt the opposition more going the other way. To play the way he plays successfully you need to be elite by foot. He aint that so if he wants a career that's his challenge. Become a Sam Mitchell level kick. Otherwise it's not going to work out.

Reply #129
I watched him pretty closely. He runs his butt off trying to make himself an option for a short pass. He literally doesn't stop. Can't fault him for that.

He lets himself down a bit with chasing. He's just that bit too slow and needs to hurt the opposition more going the other way. To play the way he plays successfully you need to be elite by foot. He aint that so if he wants a career that's his challenge. Become a Sam Mitchell level kick. Otherwise it's not going to work out.
Agree completely with that assessment jeza.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #130

Add 7 to his number and people will pretty easily. ;)

Reply #131

Yes, he dropped a sitter, as did Simmo and Kreuz around the same time... there was this bizarre period of 5 minutes early in the game where everyone seemed to fumble and drop easy chest marks! Simmo's dropped chest mark cost us a goal.

Not saying I think Graham is in our best 22 but I just wanted to give him some acknowledgment and kudos for his efforts on Saturday, one of his much better games. And, yes, too slow and disposal by foot is suss, but he did his bit in tight and when the contest was willing.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #132
Graham is a workhorse, made things a lot easier for our star midfielders who were woeful the week prior.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #133
He's also happy to stand up for himself and others, which is good to see in our team.