Skip to main content
Topic: R2 Richmond V Carlton - Prematch (Read 68753 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R2 Richmond V Carlton - Prematch

Reply #210
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/2014-afl-round-two-teams-20140326-35inv.html

Who recently named Rance as one of the up and coming guns of the comp?  :o

RICHMOND v CARLTON
MCG, 7.45pm AEDT, MCG
RICHMOND
B: Troy Chaplin, David Astbury, Dylan Grimes
HB: Bachar Houli, Nick Vlastuin, Steven Morris
C: Shaun Grigg, Brett Deledio, Brandon Ellis
HF: Ricky Petterd, Dustin Martin, Jake King
F: Shane Edwards, Jack Riewoldt, Ty Vickery
FOLL: Shaun Hampson, Matt Thomas, Trent Cotchin
I/C: Nathan Foley, Reece Conca, Ben Griffiths, Chris Newman
EMG: Aaron Edwards, Matt McDonough, Sam Lloyd
IN: Dylan Grimes, Jake King
OUT: Matt McDonough (omitted), Alex Rance (omitted)
CARLTON
B: Matthew Watson, Michael Jamison, Andrejs Everitt
HB: Chris Yarran, Zach Tuohy, Kade Simpson
C: Ed Curnow, Brock McLean, Bryce Gibbs
HF: Tom Bell, Lachie Henderson, Jeff Garlett
F: David Ellard, Jarrad Waite, Mitch Robinson
FOLL: Robert Warnock, Marc Murphy, Dale Thomas
I/C: Matthew Kreuzer, Kane Lucas, Troy Menzel, Simon White
Emg: Dylan Buckley, Sam Rowe, Jaryd Cachia
In: Kane Lucas, Simon White
Out: Andrew Walker (Suspension), Andrew McInnes (omitted)

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #211
Alex Rance omitted from the Tigers side? This is a bluff for sure someone else will come out.

Footy injury, apparently. Kreuzer looking like a late withdrawal with Rowe named EMG to take his spot.

What the hell does Graham have to do to get a game?
Quit social media and get a fudging haircut
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #212
OK Blues, let's see you get the job done and repay some of the faith!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #213
The White for McInnes swap was a no-brainer. I didn't see the Lucas inclusion coming though.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #214
Alex Rance omitted from the Tigers side? This is a bluff for sure someone else will come out.

Footy injury, apparently. Kreuzer looking like a late withdrawal with Rowe named EMG to take his spot.

What the hell does Graham have to do to get a game?
Quit social media and get a fudging haircut

Could come out with a wig made of turds for all I care. I think he deserves a shot more than Lucas.

Reply #215
Lucas and White are fair ins.......McInnes was woeful and White while not being the most skilled player will at least get body on opposing players and make a contest, Mick likes players who contest, tackle well and White does that unlike McInnes last game who let Robbie Gray slip away with a soft tackle and kick an easy goal.

Lucas should have played last week given we needed some extra run vs a very pacy Port team who had Broadbent come on and really expose us for run and I am hoping Lucas can do that role for us in the latter part of the game and maybe kick a few goals.

Tigers have gone big with Reiwoldt, Vickery, Griffiths and Pettard up forward, thats a lot of marking power but also could prove very top heavy if the conditions dont suit and the ball is on the deck. Ports tall forwards smashed us last week so I am sure Mick would have learned something and be prepared for a Tiger copycat approach.
Big question is Henderson forward or back?.....do we leave him back for the 1st half to weather the Tiger storm and then push him forward in the second half to over run them?

Like to see Yarran on Jake King and run the little wannabe bikie badboy off his legs and really punish the Tigers for not having the courage to cut the little hood off their list.
If Kruezer doesnt play and Rowe does it will probably hurt us but I am hopeful after last weeks poor effort we can lift and show some pride...Tigers will start favourites especially with Judd not playing.

Blues by 5 points with Yarran kicking the winning goal...

Reply #216

Like to see Yarran on Jake King and run the little wannabe bikie badboy off his legs and really punish the Tigers for not having the courage to cut the little hood off their list.
If Kruezer doesnt play and Rowe does it will probably hurt us but I am hopeful after last weeks poor effort we can lift and show some pride...Tigers will start favourites especially with Judd not playing.

So let me start by saying I think King is a little flog.
But what I will say is that the little flog has more heart and fitness in his toenails than Yarran has in his hole body, so one thing you won't see (should they match up) is Yarran run King off his feet. If anything, Yazz's tongue will be hanging out of his mouth.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #217
Jake can be a pain so me needs to be watched by someone who can take him out of the equation. He does tend to go missing at times, but when he is switched on he can cause trouble.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #218
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/2014-afl-round-two-teams-20140326-35inv.html

Who recently named Rance as one of the up and coming guns of the comp?  :o

RICHMOND v CARLTON
MCG, 7.45pm AEDT, MCG
RICHMOND
B: Troy Chaplin, David Astbury, Dylan Grimes
HB: Bachar Houli, Nick Vlastuin, Steven Morris
C: Shaun Grigg, Brett Deledio, Brandon Ellis
HF: Ricky Petterd, Dustin Martin, Jake King
F: Shane Edwards, Jack Riewoldt, Ty Vickery
FOLL: Shaun Hampson, Matt Thomas, Trent Cotchin
I/C: Nathan Foley, Reece Conca, Ben Griffiths, Chris Newman
EMG: Aaron Edwards, Matt McDonough, Sam Lloyd
IN: Dylan Grimes, Jake King
OUT: Matt McDonough (omitted), Alex Rance (omitted)

CARLTON
B: Matthew Watson, Michael Jamison, Andrejs Everitt
HB: Chris Yarran, Zach Tuohy, Kade Simpson
C: Ed Curnow, Brock McLean, Bryce Gibbs
HF: Tom Bell, Lachie Henderson, Jeff Garlett
F: David Ellard, Jarrad Waite, Mitch Robinson
FOLL: Robert Warnock, Marc Murphy, Dale Thomas
I/C: Matthew Kreuzer, Kane Lucas, Troy Menzel, Simon White
Emg: Dylan Buckley, Sam Rowe, Jaryd Cachia
In: Kane Lucas, Simon White
Out: Andrew Walker (Suspension), Andrew McInnes (omitted)

I wouldn't have picked Lucas. His form at Northern has not been outstanding and he is not well known for liking wet tracks.
White for McInnes makes some sense. McInnes' form has been ordinary so far and his pace (or lack of it) has been an issue. White has a little more pace and he can take a spectacular mark, something McInnes hasn't done recently. However, I would not play White on Vickery or Riewoldt, both who have had his measure in recent times.

I am a bit surprised they dropped Rance, even though he was ordinary last week. He has had a good record on our 'forwards'. Well, we'll see if that was a good move. It isn't like our forwards have done much recently. Apart from a couple of great marks last week, Waite has done nothing.

I hope we have done our homework on their midfield. The last 3 times we've played, their mids have done pretty well for large sections of the game. We've come back through Judd. He isn't there this time.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #219
I thought McLean was fairly ordinary against Port, so disappointed not to see Nick Graham. Casboult was another that I was hoping to see at the expense of Watson, but it seems Henderson is now pencilled in as a forward. Here's hoping that Robinson looks where he is kicking, McLean kicks it to the team in Blue, Bell runs both ways, Garrlett gets more than 2 kicks, Watson understands that he doesn't have all day and one of our highly rated Ruckmen takes a mark!

Hopeful, but not confident.

Reply #220
Glad to see White in, as 3rd tall down back provides good cover as he can play a little taller at times and has a bit more strength and tackles better.

Lucas as sub most likely and hopefully provides some run when he comes on.

Spider J to start forward alongside Hendo and Waite like last week for me, it went well until Port had Westhoff loose and got themselves back in the game. Try and stretch them as there backmen are suspect under real heat, maintaining the option of sending Hendo or Spider J back if needed.

Reply #221

So let me start by saying I think King is a little flog.
But what I will say is that the little flog has more heart and fitness in his toenails than Yarran has in his hole body, so one thing you won't see (should they match up) is Yarran run King off his feet. If anything, Yazz's tongue will be hanging out of his mouth.

Reckon Yarran would glide past King like he was a statue...our man has run off quicker players than  King and while the little hood does have a go he isnt good enough to carry Yarrans bags into the stadium in terms of skill. If Yarran is switched on he is a matchwinner and we need that switch turned on as we lack players who can turn games especially with Judd missing.
Yarran has to start earning his money and if was coaching he would be on King and told to burn off him off at every opportunity...

Reply #223
Reckon Yarran would glide past King like he was a statue...our man has run off quicker players than  King and while the little hood does have a go he isnt good enough to carry Yarrans bags into the stadium in terms of skill. If Yarran is switched on he is a matchwinner and we need that switch turned on as we lack players who can turn games especially with Judd missing.
Yarran has to start earning his money and if was coaching he would be on King and told to burn off him off at every opportunity...

Amen to that! On fire ATM Elwood.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #224
Clearly the Match Committee has a different view of Lucas than most CSCers.  Hopefully, they're right and we're wrong.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball