Skip to main content
Topic: R2 Richmond V Carlton - Prematch (Read 68495 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R2 Richmond V Carlton - Prematch

Reply #240
Selctions reek a little of a coach looking to put results on the board with safe selections rather than blooding the kids.

The club wont rebuild with kids after one game.....Mick wont admit rebuild or failure this early in the season, he will want 4 points vs Richmond and probably settle for a reasonable performance loss vs Essendon who are usually red hot early in the season.
I expect some spin about underdone players/fitness issues/rotations and the AFL being at fault with scheduling etc....

The White Selection i like. I still think he has a bit to offer and our backline was shambles last game.

But surely the form of Graham, Cripps, Scotland and Buckley warrant selection over Lucas, Robinson and co.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #241
Guys I really don't think robbo is going anywhere. If other players lift their game and don't leave all the hard stuff to him he too may be able to receive the ball under less pressure and deliver. All his disposals are under pressure because he's one of the few winning the hard ball. IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #242
PI2C I'm not a Robbo fan because of the way he butchers the ball, but never looked at it that way. Still if his job is to extract and clear then he should be able to it better. But happy to give him a little longer.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #243
No doubt he lacks in class but he is ALWAYS at the coalface, it's not like he's getting the ball in the clear and turning it over, he is always under pressure. I think he needs to improve his awareness a little because he tends to rush his kicks when he has more time, a by product of always being under pressure IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #244
Haha Robbo.  If Champions Data had a stat for Rainmakers,  he would be leading the pack by a country mile.  Still though,  we know he has no skill but his attack on the ball borders on madness.  

Reply #245
Haha Robbo.  If Champions Data had a stat for Rainmakers,  he would be leading the pack by a country mile.  Still though,  we know he has no skill but his attack on the ball borders on madness.

Baggy Trousers seems to be a fit!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #246
I'd like to see Cripps get a crack but Lucas is OK, his skills aren't silky but he knows how to get the ball.
I'm not a fan of White, he cracks under pressure, he and Watson in the same back six gives me the heeby jeebys but McInness was shocking so someone had to get the gig I guess.
Richmond will need to put in a bad one for us to get over the line I reckon.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #247

Baggy Trousers seems to be a fit!

Ah yes, those naughty boys in nasty schools...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #248
SpecialK and Watson late outs according to the The Age.

Buckley and Rowe in.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #249
Just confirmed on the radiola.

Reply #250
Menzel to start this week,  with Buckely the sub

Reply #251
Henderson, Jamison and White should be the key talls.

Waite & Everitt the tall forwards... I hope!

Reply #253
Rowe to play on Vickery, Jamo on Jack, leaving Hendo & Waite up fwd with White to float between Back & fwd.

Reply #254
SpecialK and Watson late outs according to the The Age.

Buckley and Rowe in.

pfft Kruezer late out.. why do we continue with this charade. Not a man alive thought he was going to play.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset