Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 7: Post Game Pleasure: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 51408 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 7: Post Game Pleasure: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #90
Everitt kicking goals adds to his trade value. If he won't play for the team he will be an attractive trade prospect for SoS.

I'll be gobsmacked if he's traded.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #91
He fits the bill. He's won a carlton leading goalkicker award, he has to go. Just like McKernan, Fev, Garlett, Betts and Waite beforehim. Kennedy never got the chance to win one.

Your talking about the past K, hopefully things have now improved from those dark days. Take Everitt on his own merits, if he won't do the key team things set by BB quite simply he will go. We don't want to end up as a loser team again even if Andrejs does win highest goal kicker as a member of it.
Reality always wins in the end.

Re: Rd 7: Post Game .........: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #92
Cripps doesn't want to kick. He had so many chances to put it on the boot today but didn't. Just loves drawing the heat and then farming the handball out to someone in space. 29 pos 19 contested 9 clearances. Still not at his absolute peak with a few fumbles and missed handballs (splitting hairs).

Docherty - went to a whole new level today. Looked like Bruce Doull back there - clean hands, kept running away from half back. Such a calming influence on the others.

Simmo - 31 pos at 90%. I can't remember the 10% that missed a target. Awesome.

Gibbs - he is such a front-runner but had a good game today. Those 3 goals we poise and class. A few of his teammates stuffed up sitters but he was just calm.

Rowe was pretty solid today.

Armfield did some really good things. Competitor.

Everitt and Walker looked short of a run today. Everitt - wow he does some bad things - like dropping easy chest-marks then panick turnover then doesn't chase to make up for his bad play. Wasn't terrible overall but... coach killer.

Plowman had his worst game but wasn't terrible. We missed Weitering at times.

Reply #93
That made mistakes I agree, but he was the only one who didn't get in and try and get the ball back after he stuffed up. Watch the last quarter again Flyboy and watch the passage after the ball bounces in front of him and he loses it then just jogs after the players, they hand ball around and he just stops in the middle of the and hangs his head. Wasn't good enough.
Its with 12:46 to go.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #94
What really matters is what Bolton does with Everitt.
It's up to him to weigh up the positives and negatives and I'll back him to make the right call.
That will be interesting and tell us a bit about his expectations

Reply #95
It's not the howlers, it's standing by watching after he makes them.
That is what looked awful.
It's all about effort from the group and then he did that.
Lazy and selfish. Luckily it didn't cost us but it could have

That's because those 20 touches, 8 marks and 3 goals people are disregarding had us far enough in front, meaning we won. If he hadn't stuffed a couple of things up those figures become even bigger. See, even a positive side to that. If he just stuffs up, is lazy, doesn't get the ball or kick goals then he gets dropped, as those are the provisos for those sins, but if he performs like he did for most of the day you live with the frustration as he's contributing heavily overall when the good and bad are taken into account.

You don't always get the perfect player. You look at what a player CAN do compared to their faults then weigh up the value from there. Then you make decisions. Supporters invariably only look at what a player CAN'T do.

Reply #96
Supporters invariably only look at what a player CAN'T do.

Strange comment. Most people have been very even with Everitt and repeatedly point out how we won the goalkicking last year as a positive but he comes with a massive downside. Bolton can't keep guys in the team if they're not doing the right thing regardless of upside. 

Reply #97
Everitt kicking goals adds to his trade value. If he won't play for the team he will be an attractive trade prospect for SoS.

Even if he kicks 30 in the year, by my reckoning he will have lost us 45 goals by his lackadaisical approach so that gives him a debit account.  Either has no heart or just doesn't care or more likely both.  TRADE HIM!

Reply #98
Strange comment. Most people have been very even with Everitt and repeatedly point out how we won the goalkicking last year as a positive but he comes with a massive downside. Bolton can't keep guys in the team if they're not doing the right thing regardless of upside.

Agree. If the bad things are tolerated it sends a bad message and undernines the belief of other players. Why should they do the right things if he doesn't have to?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #99
BB doesn;t need to drop Everitt (yet).  He needs to educate him out of those little lapses.  If BB can't educate them out of him, then maybe no one can.  I got a feeling Dre will get a few viewings of that particular effort during the week.  We'll see how he responds.  Might be a turning point?

Reply #100

Like I said, most supporters usually focus on what a player can't do then try to justify it when it's pointed out. Has been the way for years. Won't go away from that comment as it's true. For example, how many people wanted Casboult dropped because he couldn't kick straight despite the fact is was playing well generally and many marks he takes around the ground. Today was the reason why he wasn't dropped and Bolton was never going to drop him. People forgot he actually had a big upside.

Coaches aren't stupid. If a player with a big downside is getting touches, taking marks and kicking goals the coach will play him. They're job depends on results. The moment they're not doing that their downside will get them dropped very quickly as that will turn a coach's frustration to being pissed off.

Reply #101

As someone said on BigFooty the issue with AE isn't the mistakes but that he chucks the towel in and doesn't give a second effort.  And when everyone else is doing it, even limited (spud) players like Jones, it stands out like a sore thumb. At the end of the day he and Walker (who has been a decent enough servant but I think is counting down to his 200th game) and Jamo (who looks totally lethargic) are likely playing their last year.  And with AE there's a chance to pick something up for him.

Reply #102
I'm really not sure what is more enjoyable about today's win. The 4 points......or seeing Eddie's head about to explode. ????

I thought Kade was outstanding.
JC

Reply #103
Agree. If the bad things are tolerated it sends a bad message and undernines the belief of other players. Why should they do the right things if he doesn't have to?

Because they win games of football for you. That's the reason why you're out there. Some things supporters think coaches do are overrated hence they don't get dropped despite the frustration. You prefer him not out there and we lost?

If that's the way they play though the proviso is they keep performing otherwise they will be dropped faster.

He got 20 touches, 8 marks and kicked 3 vital goals. Hopefully no-one missed that part.

Reply #104
I'm really not sure what is more enjoyable about today's win. The 4 points......or seeing Eddie's head about to explode. ????

I thought Kade was outstanding.

You can have joint most enjoyables...lol.