Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 7: pre game protestations Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 43033 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 7: pre game protestations Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #165
Anybody heard about career one going into receivership?
Apparantly we'll be wearing gaffa tape over the logo cos they aint paid us yet ????????
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #166
 :
weeelll  you get that.   :o
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #167
Liam Jones is stiff, you wonder what he has to do to get a game.
Thomas in was a no brainer but I'm not sure about Kerridge, they must want some muscle around the contest but Jones has been hitting packs like a ton of bricks.

The role Jones has been playing though he's behind Casboult. Not sure I'd want to bring him in just to play forward. Been that, done that.

Reply #168
I can't see a lot of goals in our 22, Wright won't kick 4 every week.
Jones isn't anything flash but he hits the ball hard, can chase and tackle and is usually good for a goal or two.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #169
Anybody heard about career one going into receivership?
Apparantly we'll be wearing gaffa tape over the logo cos they aint paid us yet ????????

Wouldnt be surprised, been a woeful business losing money for years, Seek dominate the market...Acquire Learning(an equally dodgy business) took over as major shareholders, they are fronted by Andrew Demetriou and another bloke who was done for insider trading(think he has left or having a holiday).
Last thing I read about Acquire was that they sacked a lot of workers and were trying to cut costs, so maybe they are cutting career one loose....dont see any company fronted by Demetriou
wanting to do us any favours....

Reply #170
Pretty sure I heard Shelley Ware on Marngrook saying it's Kerro's 50th game. Best of luck Sam.

Reply #171
Last chance salloon for Kerridge I think - especially if Cunners has a blinder

Reply #172
Great message from Daisy - get dropped, don't sook, get on with the job, work hard, do the right things and you'll be back in the picture.   From all reports hopefully Jones will be considered at some stage too.

Rivalries dead? (apparently T Watson raised this today as well). Not on your Nelly. Adds spice to games, increases the crowd.  I would struggle to believe that there isn't a player or supporter who doesn't want to beat the pies in the main or in part because of our history.  If we were playing Brisbane this week, I'd only hope we can carry on last week's form, but we're not, we're playing Collingwood and geez, I really, really want us to beat them and will be more than disappointed if we don't.

Reply #173
Sportsdbet odds

Pies 1.36
Blues 3.25

Amazing. All because of their win over the Cats I presume. i'm having a piece of that!

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #174
75k+ for this one I reckon

Reply #175
75k+ for this one I reckon

MCC website, which is generally pretty accurate had it at 60k + at the start of the week, now 75k.  If it's a fine day, could nudge 80k due to 125 celebrations.  Will Mick M be there? Premiership coach at one, abject failure at another!!!

Reply #176
Sportsdbet odds

Pies 1.36
Blues 3.25

Amazing. All because of their win over the Cats I presume. i'm having a piece of that!
My mate did the same thing last week v the Swans, got us at $4.40 with a lazy $50. Rediculous odds.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #177
As the week has gone on reckon this is much closer then the betting suggests.

They rarely pump a team which means we will likely be within distance at 3QT and in those situations I rate our senior group highly. Have seen it many times over the last few years.

Our wins in recent years are generally hard fought ones so close games suit our style. I'm not sure if its a confidence thing, but if we are in the game half way through the 3rd we are usually not going away and most times we get the points. Senior guys like Murphy, Simmo, Doc etc crack in harder and run their arses off when they can smell a win. Not as evident on TV but I go to a lot of live games and you can see it clearly.

Bring the same commitment to the contest as last week and we are a big chance to wreck their celebrations again!

I was at the last one when sticks kicked 6 or 7. Was a great feeling back then and will be again if we can do it.

Reply #178
As the week has gone on reckon this is much closer then the betting suggests.

They rarely pump a team which means we will likely be within distance at 3QT and in those situations I rate our senior group highly. Have seen it many times over the last few years.

Our wins in recent years are generally hard fought ones so close games suit our style. I'm not sure if its a confidence thing, but if we are in the game half way through the 3rd we are usually not going away and most times we get the points. Senior guys like Murphy, Simmo, Doc etc crack in harder and run their arses off when they can smell a win. Not as evident on TV but I go to a lot of live games and you can see it clearly.

Bring the same commitment to the contest as last week and we are a big chance to wreck their celebrations again!

I was at the last one when sticks kicked 6 or 7. Was a great feeling back then and will be again if we can do it.
Agree Shawny, very winnable this one is. Its imperative we start well. If they get a jump, we need to reign it in and keep as close as possible. If we can curtail their small fwds (Elliott, Fasolo), it will go a long way towards winning.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #179
Geez, the media have it in for Daisy, BBs press conference was pretty much a media led Daisy inquisition.

I hope he does a Ted Whitten and "Sticks it Right Up Em!"
The Force Awakens!