Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 7: pre game protestations Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 43110 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 7: pre game protestations Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #90
Looks like Fisher and sos will miss 1 week.

Hopefully we find someone quick to replace Fisher.

Reply #91
Jones likely for selection this week. Was featured on a CFC video re his performance with the NBs last week.

So was Patty Kerr  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #92
The Pies ???????

I take it you mean the Filth !!  ;)

Perhaps Cookie is like me and can't remember who is the Filth and who is the Scum  :-[

I heard Joffa refer to us as the Filth during a radio interview so I could use that to jog my memory  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #93
So was Patty Kerr  :)

I thought Kerr looked good, but I am not sure he'll be left unattended at AFL level like he was against Coburg. At one stage Daisy spotted him up inside F50 and there wasn't a Coburg players within 15m on a stopped play! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #94
The Pies ???????

I take it you mean the Filth !!  ;)

Yes mate. I do love feasting on a Pie though.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #95
How amazing is to be coming off a win, with a couple of minor injuries [Fisher & SOJ] and having some players in the NB's who are in good and winning form!! I can't remember the last time that happened, and it's a very good sign.

It will be interesting to see which way they go this week with selection with the expected 2 outs. Does McReadie go straight back in?? Jones looks to be in great form, jumping strongly and holding his marks. Kerridge is getting plenty of it and will help with midfield depth against a strong Pies midfield - might be a good 'horses for courses' selection. Kerr or McKay would both stretch the Pies defence and surely either or both of these can't be too far away from getting a call up. Polson did nothing wrong in his game and would be a closer swap for Fisher.

I would definitely keep Alex in the team as the defensive set up last week looked excellent - I don't think it was an accident that Doc and Simmo were able to player further up the ground [which was huge for us] with another experienced player down there. I like McCreadie, but I would keep the structure the same this week as it's going to be a big worry for the Pies.

Ed has to shut down Pendles - he is their gun and if you let him dominate we will struggle. I am hopeful they may have a let down this week after a big win and 2 short turnarounds. Our strong finish that we have showed in the 2 wins is what we are going to need to replicate this week.

As with almost every win we have Kruz is the key - he is our talisman - if he plays well and starts taking marks up forward we are a big chance.

Reply #96
Jones and Cuningham would be my replacements for SOJ and Fisher.

no other changes!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #97
Jones and Cuningham would be my replacements for SOJ and Fisher.

no other changes!

Cuningham will have to maintain a higher work rate throughout games before he is considered.

60. David Cuningham
Stats: 14 disposals, 4 tackles, 3 inside 50s, 1 goal
From the coach: His impact was down this week as we’ve been used to. He used his legs around stoppages but wasn’t as consistent over four quarters. Pleasingly, he finished in front of goal and looks to keep building both as a midfielder and forward.

His best is very good but he goes missing too often at the moment.

Reply #98
Kerr is one of my key players for the future but you cant help but admire Liam Jones persistence, seems to have taken the criticism on the chin and really put the work in to improve himself...Leigh Brown was one of the biggest spuds you could find at the Arden st veggie garden but when he got to Collingwood the penny dropped and he became a valuable player being able to play various roles and being that big body slamming into packs, part time ruck and kicking a few goals as well and of course cleaning up a few opponents who stepped out of line. I reckon thats the role Liam Jones has to play if he wants to continue his career at senior level, there is an opening for him and I hope he gets a go this week and does well. Could well be cult hero material if he can make it...

Reply #99
Kerr is one of my key players for the future but you cant help but admire Liam Jones persistence, seems to have taken the criticism on the chin and really put the work in to improve himself...Leigh Brown was one of the biggest spuds you could find at the Arden st veggie garden but when he got to Collingwood the penny dropped and he became a valuable player being able to play various roles and being that big body slamming into packs, part time ruck and kicking a few goals as well and of course cleaning up a few opponents who stepped out of line. I reckon thats the role Liam Jones has to play if he wants to continue his career at senior level, there is an opening for him and I hope he gets a go this week and does well. Could well be cult hero material if he can make it...

Only issue Jones has is he is behind Levi in that role. If Levi continues his fine season he might get a nice offer as a free agent somewhere and go. If Jones keeps his form you'd keep him at the end of the year for that role if all that comes to pass.

Phillips may well have gone down the pecking order.

Reply #100
Cuningham will have to maintain a higher work rate throughout games before he is considered.

His best is very good but he goes missing too often at the moment.

Absolutely. Cuningham is the ultimate tease. His inconsistency is becoming a major flaw in his game. But his best is seriously good.

Boekhorst has past Cuningham and a more likely replacement for ZF.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #101
Absolutely. Cuningham is the ultimate tease. His inconsistency is becoming a major flaw in his game. But his best is seriously good.

Boekhorst has past Cuningham and a more likely replacement for ZF.

Hopefully it's because he's still 19 and that improves as he develops.

Reply #102
Hopefully it's because he's still 19 and that improves as he develops.

The upside is that our development environment now looks to be much improved so I'm optimistic for him if he has the inbuilt talent.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #103
Love him or hate him Jones has earned another shot at it, picking Kerr ahead of him would be crazy.
Thomas, Kerridge or Boekhorst for Fisher I guess, probably Thomas.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #104
The upside is that our development environment now looks to be much improved so I'm optimistic for him if he has the inbuilt talent.

The other side of the coin is that we're putting a lot more work into players before they're drafted.  Several times in last year's and this year's "The Journey" you'll hear Bolton and/or SOS talking about good character.  I remember SOS saying that Charlie Curnow was from a 'good family' after the drink driving incident.

Draft the right players and the development side isn't that difficult.

Of course, we have ramped up our development staff, but we are giving them better youngsters to work with.