Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 7: After Match Analysis: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 35799 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 7: After Match Analysis: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #135
Tackle stats in 2013/14/15.
Rank   Name   Games   Total
1   Edward Curnow   21   99
2   Mitch Robinson   21   82
3   Marc Murphy   23   79
4   Brock McLean   22   77
5   Christopher Yarran   21   76
5   Jeff Garlett   22   76
7   Bryce Gibbs   21   75
8   Matthew Kreuzer   17   71
9   Jaryd Cachia   14   68
9   Chris Judd   20   68

1   Bryce Gibbs   22   108
2   Marc Murphy   20   99
3   Andrew Carrazzo   14   86
4   Edward Curnow   15   74
5   David Ellard   13   62
6   Dale Thomas   20   57
7   Kade Simpson   22   52
8   Brock McLean   16   49
8   Mitch Robinson   12   49
10   Christopher Yarran   21   47

Rank   Name   Games   Total
1   Edward Curnow   22   98
1   Patrick Cripps   20   98
3   Tom Bell   22   87
4   Marc Murphy   19   65
5   Andrew Carrazzo   16   63
6   Matthew Kreuzer   13   55
7   Bryce Gibbs   10   54
8   Sam Rowe   20   43
9   Kade Simpson   20   42
10   Sam Docherty   19   40

Interesting!

Gibbs and Murphy really led the way in 2014.  However, if they maintain their tackle rates this season, Gibbs will end up with around 125 and Murphy will have around 115.  Are they tackling more, is the team tackling more or has tackling gone up across the competition?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #136
Interesting!

Gibbs and Murphy really led the way in 2014.  However, if they maintain their tackle rates this season, Gibbs will end up with around 125 and Murphy will have around 115.  Are they tackling more, is the team tackling more or has tackling gone up across the competition?
Year   Tackles   CFC Rank
2013   26,070   6
2014   27,460   18
2015   27,039   18
2016   28,902   16
Sydney has been ranked 1 every one of those years.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #137
Gee Charlie Curnow is a smooth Mover and leaps at the ball. This Kid can Play

And Caleb for Tuohy,,, yes x 10000000
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #138
Yep, it's why I think MiniJudd is such a great nickname for this kid!

I think that Syd-2 (or similar) would be better.  Syd Jackson wore the same number and had similar moves to Sam.  And he liked to kick a goal or two.

Reply #139
And Caleb for Tuohy,,, yes x 10000000

Yep, no questions now about why the Tuohy departure happened.

The right structures from Silvagni, Rowe, Plowman and Marchbank free up Docherty and Simpson to push forward. Can also imagine Byrne or Sheahan off the HBF in the future once Simmo retires.

Foundations are there, time to build on them!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #140
My cats supporting mates are now whinging about Touhy.... Runs into trouble, gets caught out of position, dumb kicks from fullback (the long bomb down the middle seems the default setting), gets outmarked too easily....yada yada.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #141
My cats supporting mates are now whinging about Touhy.... Runs into trouble, gets caught out of position, dumb kicks from fullback (the long bomb down the middle seems the default setting), gets outmarked too easily....yada yada.

Marchbank wouldn't get a game at the cats  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Reply #142

I do miss Tuohy, but I think there is zero chance of him doing a Betts or Robbo!

You just know he is going to give the odd highlight reel thing, the long goal on the run to win the game, etc, etc., the game saving tackle. But you also know he'll get pegged holding the ball, flopping like a tuna fresh out of the water!

I'll take Plowman and Marchbank intercept marking any day of the week ahead of those highlights, and those two are probably 2nd in line behind Weitering when it comes to interception ability and clever ball use.

We're seeing a glimpse of the future, and it's stunningly gold!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #143
I think that Syd-2 (or similar) would be better.  Syd Jackson wore the same number and had similar moves to Sam.  And he liked to kick a goal or two.

I like "Pet-Set".

Reply #144
If Daisy Thomas does nothing more of note in a Carlton jumper, I'll always love him for his goal in the last term. Last quarter, against his old side, game on the line, in front of their feral Cheer Squad and on ther 125th Anniversary Celebrations.. Knife stuck firmly through their hearts... The ultimate insult to them, and a job well done!!

Reply #145
And the fact that he clearly enjoyed the moment so much!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #146
If Daisy Thomas does nothing more of note in a Carlton jumper, I'll always love him for his goal in the last term. Last quarter, against his old side, game on the line, in front of their feral Cheer Squad and on ther 125th Anniversary Celebrations.. Knife stuck firmly through their hearts... The ultimate insult to them, and a job well done!!

I was really pleased for him and cheered the loudest I had all game... loved his celebration and the Candy.

All started from SPS, move through traffic and 45 metre bullet to the near side... so good.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #147
And the fact that he clearly enjoyed the moment so much!

Ive spent the last two years trying to tell you guys that he wants desperately to be one of us and it shows in his actions.

Hates Buckley with a passion.

Aside from the fact that he has chewed up more resources than he is worth, his attitude has been commendable.

Even after Malthouse was given his marching orders here, he has rolled the sleeves up, gone to work, and is playing for the jumper.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #148
Ive spent the last two years trying to tell you guys that he wants desperately to be one of us and it shows in his actions.

Hates Buckley with a passion.

Aside from the fact that he has chewed up more resources than he is worth, his attitude has been commendable.

Even after Malthouse was given his marching orders here, he has rolled the sleeves up, gone to work, and is playing for the jumper.

Thry,

No one, afaiaw, has ever questioned his work ethic, endeavour or even his commitment to our CFC.

The question remains (and my Pies' mates were succinct in this), given his body issues, ankle(s?) largely, can he train hard enough still to be competitive come game time in 2017?

Let's see if he can back up with a decent performance against the Sainters?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #149

Glorious moment, only criticism I have is he should have given them the middle finger.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!