Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 13: Post Game Prattling-Carlton v Fremantle (Read 38178 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 13: Post Game Prattling-Carlton v Fremantle

Reply #75
I'd agree but once the Tiggers worked out what we were up to and applied pressure, we went to water. The Fluffy Ducks and Pussycats, in all honesty, never got out of 3rd gear against us...

I think the reality is that our entire football club is in freefall. A lot of people's jobs depend on the next few weeks.

Were they in 3rd gear? Rubbish. Cats were all of 9 pts in front with 6-7 min to go. Richmond didn't get on top of us until very late. So lets not go there. It shows we can do it if we apply ourselves. Last year we gave sides all sorts of issues even though we just won the 6 games. 7 of the lsses we led during the last qtr so lets not say we 're not capable, we just don't apply ourselves. That's on the Coach.

Reply #76
i dont know where to start.

I thought the beltings were behind us, but other than injury as a plausible excuse, there seems to be very little desperation to cement a position in this side
from others that get an opportunity
The fundamental basics of a spine is not there and moving a player like casboult further up the ground will fail as he is a one dimensional deep forward, weitering aint going to be what we thought he would be, as is SOS. Young midfielders / 1 st year players, should only be rotated out of the center, not a permanent fixture.
SPS runs around freely without a role, almost as if he's playing footy up north
Kerr shows potential, but immobile and demonstrates a streak of selfishness that needs to be smacked out him early.

I like bolton, but if he stays, he needs a very experienced head in there with him as a mentor type. The rest are simply no good. Bolton is a 1st year players coach that will grow into a senior position. Like some of our players, he seems a little lost.

After last year, i was optimistic 8-10 wins was not out of the question. But injuries expose our complete lack of meaningful depth.
I feel myself loosing interest in AFL (thank FK for soccer) especially after seeing where richmond are at now, after laughing at them 4-5 years ago

Reply #77
Well, that wasn’t the result I was hoping for for my first live game this season ????

I won’t say anything about the game yet - I need to gather my thoughts - and I would like to focus on off-field issues.

First of all, it was my first train trip to the footy from Geelong and the service, particularly the customer service, was first class.

The social club was the same as always; not great but OK, and I caught up with two cousins; part of my extended family of Carlton supporters.

I got to my seat on the second level; a position that provides a great view of the ground and the plays that are unfolding.  Well, it would if folk could take their seat before quarters start and don’t have to get past me several times each quarter for drinks, snacks and toilet breaks ????

I went to the Victory Room at half time and caught up with some mates over a couple of beers.  Then it was back to applauding our resurgence ????

I then went to the post-game function and listened to the great man Kouta talk about what he hopes for our players and confess that he is only interested in soccer once every four years.

What struck me in all of that is that there is a tangible positive vibe among supporters, despite a woeful on-field performance.  Andy Lee remarked that thought he would be talking to an empty room but the post-game function was packed and members are clearly looking for long term, sustained success and have moved on from the focus on immediate success that got us into the state we’re in.

Thanks DJC
you're post is really appreciated on a filthy day on-field for our mighty club.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #78
If heads must roll, Andy Mac's has to be first.

Reply #80
Were they in 3rd gear? Rubbish. Cats were all of 9 pts in front with 6-7 min to go. Richmond didn't get on top of us until very late. So lets not go there. It shows we can do it if we apply ourselves. Last year we gave sides all sorts of issues even though we just won the 6 games. 7 of the lsses we led during the last qtr so lets not say we 're not capable, we just don't apply ourselves. That's on the Coach.

Do you really think we're a difficult side to beat? Means little to lead, then lose, other than you can't sustain and/or when the opposition really pours on the desperation we go to water. The Tiggers played us like they play many games, don't pour it on until well into the 3rd. You can't think we were a chance to win that game, to repeat... once they got into gear, we were gone - like many of our games. But as I've mentioned previously, I'm hoping that when we've got more of our list to pick from there may be real reasons for optimism. But not at the moment. There's very little to be excited about at present.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #81
Also WTF do all the assistant coaches do?

I see no f’ing improvement in any player! None!

Good point. I know that a good number of our assistants have coached sides in their own right, but if they were any good wouldn't they still be coaching a side in their own right?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #82
Do you really think we're a difficult side to beat? Means little to lead, then lose, other than you can't sustain and/or when the opposition really pours on the desperation we go to water. The Tiggers played us like they play many games, don't pour it on until well into the 3rd. You can't think we were a chance to win that game, to repeat... once they got into gear, we were gone - like many of our games. But as I've mentioned previously, I'm hoping that when we've got more of our list to pick from there may be real reasons for optimism. But not at the moment. There's very little to be excited about at present.

Think about it. You lead in the last qtr you've been a very difficult side to beat. Those were some good sides too. You certainly haven't had it easy. That's not rocket science. We haven't been exactly short of running good sides close the last 3 years (oh forgot, they're all in 3rd gear..lol). It's shows a young side has the ability they are just not applying themselves.

I don't tun away saying" ohhhhhh they're all not good", I prefer to find out why they are not performing with the performance and application they're capable off. As far as I'm concerned, while we've had injuries, Bolts isn't doing the job this year. Maybe this wasn't a job for a novice coach, not sure.

Reply #83
Think about it. You lead in the last qtr you've been a very difficult side to beat. Those were some good sides too. You certainly haven't had it easy. That's not rocket science. We haven't been exactly short of running good sides close the last 3 years (oh forgot, they're all in 3rd gear..lol). It's shows a young side has the ability they are just not applying themselves.

I don't tun away saying" ohhhhhh they're all not good", I prefer to find out why they are not performing with the performance and application they're capable off. As far as I'm concerned, while we've had injuries, Bolts isn't doing the job this year. Maybe this wasn't a job for a novice coach, not sure.

he's the right man for the job
the caveat to that is, he also needs a mentor with considerable experience. One that can show him, which players will and wont make it.

Reply #84
I don't want to see Lamb,  Kerridge, Casboult or Graham in our colours again.   They contribute little of positive value and their mistakes and basic skill errors are toxic.   Casboult.... Seriously,  when is this 200 CM stack of worm food going to move in any manner befitting a forward, or even make some physical impact on a game.  Play the bootstudders dog,  but please, please not these clowns anymore.

Why is our list bereft of rebounding defenders?  Were you asleep last draft period SoS?   It's football 2018 not 1918.

Weeters really worries me.   We took a quality young player and stuffed him. Trade him,  if he has any value left.

Our "future midfield" supposedly includes Dow,  SPS,  o'Brien and Fisher.   Why so many midgets and jockeys SoS?  Why do our kids lag so far behind other clubs'in output and impact. Why do they all appear "soft" in contests????

I'm bloody angry and I want answers,  meaningful explanations, not the glib cliches that BB has thrown around for 2 1/2 years.   Put up or piss off Bolton,  we supporters and members have had a gutful.   
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #85
the caveat to that is, he also needs a mentor with considerable experience. One that can show him, which players will and wont make it.

Not convinced either way. We should be alot better than this even if we have a had a few injuries. 7  wins, 6 wins, 1 win. All starts at the top.

Reply #86
I don't want to see Lamb,  Kerridge, Casboult or Graham in our colours again.   They contribute little of positive value and their mistakes and basic skill errors are toxic.   Casboult.... Seriously,  when is this 200 CM stack of worm food going to move in any manner befitting a forward, or even make some physical impact on a game.  Play the bootstudders dog,  but please, please not these clowns anymore.

Why is our list bereft of rebounding defenders?  Were you asleep last draft period SoS?   It's football 2018 not 1918.

Weeters really worries me.   We took a quality young player and stuffed him. Trade him,  if he has any value left.

Our "future midfield" supposedly includes Dow,  SPS,  o'Brien and Fisher.   Why so many midgets and jockeys SoS?  Why do our kids lag so far behind other clubs'in output and impact. Why do they all appear "soft" in contests????

I'm bloody angry and I want answers,  meaningful explanations, not the glib cliches that BB has thrown around for 2 1/2 years.   Put up or piss off Bolton,  we supporters and members have had a gutful.  

I look at cerra and o'brien (same draft)

cerra looks like he's been in the system 2 years longer

Reply #87

Roos would be ideal as some sort of mentor.

Reply #88
I wanted Cerra but they club took Dow.  Haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise.

OBrien really concerns me.   Shouldn't be playing ones and looks timid.   That never augers well.

Paul. Roos hates us.   He'd be drinking a good red after hearing we got flogged.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #89
i dont know where to start.

I thought the beltings were behind us, but other than injury as a plausible excuse, there seems to be very little desperation to cement a position in this side
from others that get an opportunity
The fundamental basics of a spine is not there and moving a player like casboult further up the ground will fail as he is a one dimensional deep forward, weitering aint going to be what we thought he would be, as is SOS. Young midfielders / 1 st year players, should only be rotated out of the center, not a permanent fixture.
SPS runs around freely without a role, almost as if he's playing footy up north
Kerr shows potential, but immobile and demonstrates a streak of selfishness that needs to be smacked out him early.

I like bolton, but if he stays, he needs a very experienced head in there with him as a mentor type. The rest are simply no good. Bolton is a 1st year players coach that will grow into a senior position. Like some of our players, he seems a little lost.

After last year, i was optimistic 8-10 wins was not out of the question. But injuries expose our complete lack of meaningful depth.
I feel myself loosing interest in AFL (thank FK for soccer) especially after seeing where richmond are at now, after laughing at them 4-5 years ago

Neil Craig. Love him or hate him. He had a role that IMO, has left a gap as wide as the Indian Ocean. It's a complex gig and there's something to be said for wisdom and experience.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.