Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 7: Carlton vs the Drug Cheats (Read 18301 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 7: Carlton vs the Drug Cheats

Reply #240
Thry, I've taken a sample of eight long time Blues supporters.  The view on Teague is that he is most likely gone at the end of the year.
Generally there is sympathy for him - similar to Ratten.
They are furious with the club.  As one supporter put it, " We were told we needed a rebuild and at the end we would have a team that could go all the way to the finals.  What have we got - a list about the same as we started with."

I realise we all like to think we're independent thinkers, but I'd be very curious to know what supporters would think if the media pursued a different or more positive narrative ?

Teague gone at the end of the year ? Digging in the same spot just makes a bigger hole, enough to bury the entire club no doubt. A truly exemplary bit of spadework.

I hope to live long enough to see this absurd logic and reasoning wiped from the club forever.

Reply #241
Thry, I've taken a sample of eight long time Blues supporters.  The view on Teague is that he is most likely gone at the end of the year.
Generally there is sympathy for him - similar to Ratten.
They are furious with the club.  As one supporter put it, " We were told we needed a rebuild and at the end we would have a team that could go all the way to the finals.  What have we got - a list about the same as we started with."

If we finish the season anywhere near a 33% win ratio of 7 or 8 wins only, Teague should go.

He has time to turn it around....but if he can't find the key to switching on the guys for 4 full quarters, he's not up to it.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #242
I realise we all like to think we're independent thinkers, but I'd be very curious to know what supporters would think if the media pursued a different or more positive narrative ?

Teague gone at the end of the year ? Digging in the same spot just makes a bigger hole, enough to bury the entire club no doubt. A truly exemplary bit of spadework.

I hope to live long enough to see this absurd logic and reasoning wiped from the club forever.

And sometimes, you have to man up and say yep, bad choice, mistake. Next....

Ratts got shafted. MM was a mistake.

Bolton? Somewhere in between - but again, you need wins to remain relevant, BB wasn't getting them.

I hope Teague makes it, but the team needs to win games consistently and play for four quarters.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #243

Bolton? Somewhere in between - but again, you need wins to remain relevant, BB wasn't getting them.

I hope Teague makes it, but the team needs to win games consistently and play for four quarters.

I guess I could jump on the merry go round one more time, but maybe not.............

Reply #244
Hard not to recall the game where he single handedly demolished the Dogs....

he was given licence that night to just play footy.

Round 5 2019, 35 disposals....

Then they decided to move him into defence. Idiocy.
Played a very good game and I saw him play a couple of decent ones down back but its been a drought otherwise.
We need to reconstruct the midfield IMO the Dow, LOB, SPS Cuningham era hasnt worked for a variety of reasons and its time to admit defeat and look at other options. I think SPS still has trade value we can use unlike the others and I'd be prepared to roll the dice and try and upgrade to something better.

Reply #245
Teague's future is really dependent on results.
It's as it's always been.

I know some folk don't like hearing that but  it's reality.
If he gets results he gets time.
Win on Sunday he gets a reprieve...a couple of weeks when he can afford a bad performance or two.
If we have a bad loss on Sunday the pressure will be immense.

Reply #246
He simply MUST react from the box, not let the bl00dy game get away.   Again.

Analysis paralysis and I hate it.

Reply #247

Teague has coached 34 games, his records stands at 15W 19L = 44%. Here are some comparisons to other coaches first 34 games

Clarko 29%
Dimma 32%
MM 56%
Brad Scott 47%
Kissed on the Dick Scott 79%
Horse 59%
Kenny H 68%
Bux 65%
Bummer T 50%
Ross Lyon 47%
Leon Cameron 38%
Ratts Carlton 38%
Ratts StK 52%
Bolts 44%

I realise coaches are victims of circumstance and the list they inherit,  but I reckon he is probably where he needs to be.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #248
I guess I could jump on the merry go round one more time, but maybe not.............

It's a business,
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #249
I think aside from this week we don't look likely to win too many for a few weeks.

Really thats what was the problem with Bolton at the end.  The team didn't believe they could win as much as anything else and then lost winnable games.

This is a real test.  Pummel the bombers as expected and we are good.  Have a neither here nor there win and we are in all sorts.

A loss...  well the story writes itself really.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #250
Teague has coached 34 games, his records stands at 15W 19L = 44%. Here are some comparisons to other coaches first 34 games

Clarko 29%
Dimma 32%
MM 56%
Brad Scott 47%
Kissed on the Dick Scott 79%
Horse 59%
Kenny H 68%
Bux 65%
Bummer T 50%
Ross Lyon 47%
Leon Cameron 38%
Ratts Carlton 38%
Ratts StK 52%
Bolts 44%

I realise coaches are victims of circumstance and the list they inherit,  but I reckon he is probably where he needs to be.

You better watch it GTC. You'll be taking over my role as the CSC pariah if you keep that up.  An official decree has been released, finals or bust. Those numbers are inconvenient truths, and decrees from LaLa land (on the one hand), and inconvenient truths on the other, rarely make comfortable bedfellows. One has to give.

Reply #252
It's not what we necessarily think should happen.
Or what we want to happen
It's more a case of what we believe will happen.

Reply #253

Ratts got shafted.

People have short memories.  Yes, we have played our best footy, since the mid 90s, under Ratts. And, yes, we were great to watch.  But, he wasn’t shafted.  His time was up.  He had lost the players.   His last game, they rolled over against a joke of a Suns team.   There was no choice.    I don’t agree with the replacement, but Ratts was gooooone.

Reply #254

Bear in mind that the people I spoke to were not living in isolation.  Their views had no doubt formed over time and had been influenced by the views of their friends.