Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 16: Pre Game Prattle: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 36046 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 16: Pre Game Prattle: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #46
Can't. We've signed them all up already.

Trade then, what is their worth given our record! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #47
Kennedy is a solid foot soldier. He doen't have X-factor but could be useful with more talent around him. I don't see him as much more than that and have no expectations beyond that atm.

Since his proper return from that r1 injury, I've been pleased with Kennedy. Hard at it, and managed effective disposals under duress. The bonus might be his kicking for goal. I like his apparent persistence when the heat is on. Too many others shy from that. I just hope he's over his injury concerns and gets a consistent run. He's exactly the type we need several more of running through the middle.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #48
Agree with this, Kennedy will work out fine, especially if we can get a couple of mature bodies around him as he continues to develop

Reply #50
Trade then, what is their worth given our record! ;D

Who would want to trade for any blokes we deem are not required on OUR list?

Reply #51

Since his proper return from that r1 injury, I've been pleased with Kennedy. Hard at it, and managed effective disposals under duress. The bonus might be his kicking for goal. I like his apparent persistence when the heat is on. Too many others shy from that. I just hope he's over his injury concerns and gets a consistent run. He's exactly the type we need several more of running through the middle.
I'm not sure you can call dropping the ball at his feet when tackled or trying to hand-pass to a teammate under duress should be called effective disposals. So far he has only shown that he is an inside midfielder because he is too slow to be anything else.

Reply #52
I'm not sure you can call dropping the ball at his feet when tackled or trying to hand-pass to a teammate under duress should be called effective disposals. So far he has only shown that he is an inside midfielder because he is too slow to be anything else.

He has a crack and seems to have a good attitude but his game isn't anything special.
Hopefully he's got some improvement to come, pace isn't everything.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #53
He has a crack and seems to have a good attitude but his game isn't anything special.
Hopefully he's got some improvement to come, pace isn't everything.

Yep he is very blue collar but doesnt have a great set of tricks which is what you need when you lack pace......needs to kick those goals too to add some polish to his game.
Hasnt had a proper preseason and been iinjured with that ankle so maybe we can cut him some slack until next season when he should have a proper preperation...

Reply #54
After our Round 1 game against Richmond, although we lost, we were applauded for our new aggressive game plan that Saeid score 95 points. 15 rounds later the onfield personnel hasn’t changed dramatically, but everything else has.  We got opened up by GC the next week because I think we got ahead of ourselves (had to imagine!) and since then it’s been downhill all the way.....

Surely post GC, the game plan only needed tweeting rather than an overhaul? 

Reply #55
Who would want to trade for any blokes we deem are not required on OUR list?

Like Gowers or Holman?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #56
Will be watching this one on TV at home, sitting in a comfortable chair, heater well stoked up and with a nice bottle of red by my side. That way losing doesn't seem quite so bad. I have no real expectations but just a fatal fascination that draws me to watch - is this the start of masochism or have I already fallen victim??  :o
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #57
Will be watching this one on TV at home, sitting in a comfortable chair, heater well stoked up and with a nice bottle of red by my side. That way losing doesn't seem quite so bad. I have no real expectations but just a fatal fascination that draws me to watch - is this the start of masochism or have I already fallen victim??  :o

Get on us this week Cookie and save a glass of that red to toast the lads at the end of the game.....went to a little winery called Hanrahans in the Yarra Valley where they do a nice Shiraz, going to have one ready to go when I return home victorious on Friday...well thats the plan anyway... :P :-X

Reply #58
It'll taste like red wine vinegar after Jack Stevens gets 35 (and kicks four), Ross 23 contested,  Billings runs amok,  Gresham kicks three in a quarter....
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #59
It'll taste like red wine vinegar after Jack Stevens gets 35 (and kicks four), Ross 23 contested,  Billings runs amok,  Gresham kicks three in a quarter....

I know the odds are against us Prof but we have to show some spine and heart eventually....fingers crossed, we cant play as badly as vs Brisbane.
Saints are carp and weak with injuries too.....lose this week by a lot and the club will need to make some hard calls on its future.
This is backs to the wall stuff and we have to respond.....