Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Possibilities: AFL Rd 7: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 21125 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Possibilities: AFL Rd 7: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #135
I'm more concerned that I've been hearing/reading that Williamson needs another couple of weks to get match fitness and Stocker needs time to build his endurance up to AFL level. Hope they both have great games, but I'm worried if they both fade late in quarters and late in the game we could be exposed

Reply #136
I agree with the 4 ins, I picked them all actually. Really excited to see Stocker get a run, hope he tears it up and justifies the move made by SOS. Excited also to see my man Willo back, good luck son. Charlie needs to pull his finger out, been terrible thus far. Phillips is a C grade ruckman at best,  he needs to bust a gut, crack in, compete hard and make life very difficult for Goldy.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #137
A little worried that with Willo and Stocker we have picked 2 guys who are underdone.  Would have preferred one of them and bringing back Setterfield who it seemed to me had done well before being suspended.

Reply #138
CARLTON
B: Caleb Marchbank, Liam Jones, Lachie Plowman
HB: Marc Murphy, Jacob Weitering, Dale Thomas
C: Zac Fisher, Patrick Cripps, Lochie O'Brien
HF: Sam Walsh, Jack Silvagni, Ed Curnow
F: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Harry McKay, Michael Gibbons
R: Levi Casboult, Paddy Dow, David Cuningham
Int: Charlie Curnow, Andrew Phillips, Tom Williamson, Liam Stocker

Emg: Will Setterfield, Angus Schumacher, Jarrod Garlett, Matthew Lobbe

IN: Charlie Curnow, Andrew Phillips, Tom Williamson, Liam Stocker
OUT: Kade Simpson (Injured), Mitch McGovern (Injured), Nic Newman (Injured), Matthew Kreuzer (Injured)

NEW: Liam Stocker

Probably the right choices on the bench, but we will really miss the 4 guys out. :(

NORTH MELBOURNE
B: Jamie Macmillan, Robbie Tarrant, Jasper Pittard
HB: Luke McDonald, Scott D. Thompson, Shaun Atley
C: Trent Dumont, Shaun Higgins, Jared Polec
HF: Tarryn Thomas, Mason Wood, Jack Ziebell
F: Kayne Turner, Ben Brown, Nick Larkey
R: Todd Goldstein, Ben Cunnington, Jed Anderson
Int: Marley Williams, Taylor Garner, Jy Simpkin, Cameron Zurhaar

Emg: Nathan Hrovat, Luke Davies-Uniacke, Sam Wright, Tom Campbell

IN: Shaun Higgins, Marley Williams, Taylor Garner, Jy Simpkin
OUT: Luke Davies-Uniacke (Omitted), Sam Wright (Omitted), Aaron Hall (Omitted), Nathan Hrovat (Omitted)

Goldstein is still the worry for mine. Nichevo. I'm not surprised to see Hall dropped. Wish he was in. :(  >:D >:D
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #139
Shocked at Setterfield not being selected.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #140
CARLTON
B: Caleb Marchbank, Liam Jones, Lachie Plowman
HB: Marc Murphy, Jacob Weitering, Dale Thomas
C: Zac Fisher, Patrick Cripps, Lochie O'Brien
HF: Sam Walsh, Jack Silvagni, Ed Curnow
F: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Harry McKay, Michael Gibbons
R: Levi Casboult, Paddy Dow, David Cuningham
Int: Charlie Curnow, Andrew Phillips, Tom Williamson, Liam Stocker

Emg: Will Setterfield, Angus Schumacher, Jarrod Garlett, Matthew Lobbe

IN: Charlie Curnow, Andrew Phillips, Tom Williamson, Liam Stocker
OUT: Kade Simpson (Injured), Mitch McGovern (Injured), Nic Newman (Injured), Matthew Kreuzer (Injured)

NEW: Liam Stocker

Probably the right choices on the bench, but we will really miss the 4 guys out. :(

NORTH MELBOURNE
B: Jamie Macmillan, Robbie Tarrant, Jasper Pittard
HB: Luke McDonald, Scott D. Thompson, Shaun Atley
C: Trent Dumont, Shaun Higgins, Jared Polec
HF: Tarryn Thomas, Mason Wood, Jack Ziebell
F: Kayne Turner, Ben Brown, Nick Larkey
R: Todd Goldstein, Ben Cunnington, Jed Anderson
Int: Marley Williams, Taylor Garner, Jy Simpkin, Cameron Zurhaar

Emg: Nathan Hrovat, Luke Davies-Uniacke, Sam Wright, Tom Campbell

IN: Shaun Higgins, Marley Williams, Taylor Garner, Jy Simpkin
OUT: Luke Davies-Uniacke (Omitted), Sam Wright (Omitted), Aaron Hall (Omitted), Nathan Hrovat (Omitted)

Goldstein is still the worry for mine. Nichevo. I'm not surprised to see Hall dropped. Wish he was in. :(  >:D >:D

Nth ins probably make them better, was impressed with Larkey last week, takes a good mark and kicks straight.
Hall is a ball butcher and not too fond of the hard ball, I hope we dont do something dumb like play Obrien on Polec.

Reply #141
A little worried that with Willo and Stocker we have picked 2 guys who are underdone.  Would have preferred one of them and bringing back Setterfield who it seemed to me had done well before being suspended.
they weren't that bad in terms of match fitness in the vfl last week.

What I'm worried about is the mixed messages in our selection.

Garlett as travelling emergency last week didn't play at all, yet this week two blokes playing vfl (not in top form either) get a look in.

Seems a tad unfair.

Bolton's first real negative imho.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #142
No point in holding Setterfield back as the game day emergency unless he is a genuine chance to come in otherwise a fit player has missed 3 weeks. No point Lobbe doing the job because he’s only able to replace 1 player as a last minute call
up. Garlett might be the sacrificial lamb for 2 weeks in a row.

Reply #143

If there's one thing you can be very, very sure of and that is if The Terrier reckons they're good to go, they're good to go. Look at how quickly Marchbank hit the ground running after a long lay-off, ditto Kreuz.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #144
If there's one thing you can be very, very sure of and that is if The Terrier reckons they're good to go, they're good to go. Look at how quickly Marchbank hit the ground running after a long lay-off, ditto Kreuz.
I reckon it's as much about injecting some enthusiasm into a side which was hit hard by injuries and may be feeling sorry for itself. The pick me up a smiling kid running himself ragged shouldn't be undersold

Reply #145
I'm more concerned that I've been hearing/reading that Williamson needs another couple of weks to get match fitness and Stocker needs time to build his endurance up to AFL level. Hope they both have great games, but I'm worried if they both fade late in quarters and late in the game we could be exposed

I was impressed by how well Williamson was still running throughout the last quarter last week. It was noticeable - this guy has a natural endurance well above the average footballer.

I have no doubt the step up to the AFL will be more intense but I have zero worries about him running out the game.

And Stocker had a full preseason. He'll be right.

Reply #146
Had a listen yesterday to our defence coach, Dale Amos - 'Amos on learning from critical moments.' Really, really impressive. Hadn't heard the bloke talk at length before. What a clear and all round excellent communicator. Senior coach material, for sure.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #147
I was impressed by how well Williamson was still running throughout the last quarter last week. It was noticeable - this guy has a natural endurance well above the average footballer.

I have no doubt the step up to the AFL will be more intense but I have zero worries about him running out the game.

And Stocker had a full preseason. He'll be right.
I have read and heard he is a training and preparation beast, to the point where it was the cause of his back problems. He is now under control thanks to Jack Russell.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #148
Willo is a fitness freak.   His draft camp numbers were unbelievable, just about drafted on that alone.  I think he was also the youngest kid drafted that Year.   Plus,  he can really play,  which helps.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?