Skip to main content
Topic: Round 5 preview Carlton v Collingwood  (Read 50558 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 5 preview Carlton v Collingwood

Reply #107
Showed him on the news doing run throughs at training. Had a slight limp but with him the way he walks like a duck, you cant tell.

Swan trained for 10 minutes so his ankle must not be good.  I suppose we'll have a jab and come out and play a blinder.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #109
Swan trained for 10 minutes so his ankle must not be good.  I suppose we'll have a jab and come out and play a blinder.

They interviewed him on Triple M on sunday. At the time he was actually in a tattoo parlour getting the back of his knee tattood!

They asked him about the amount of time he spent forward on ANZAC day and he said it wasn't planned, but he rolled his ankle a little bit early on and it was better if he played more forward.

He also said that it should be fine and there was more pain in his knee after getting the tatt done.

Perhaps a bit of both is to why he wasn't training so much.

Reply #110
Let's see if we can keep him under control, for a change. :)
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #111
In: Jaksch Judd and Wiley for his first game.

Out: Carrazzo (leg) and Casboult, Dick both ommitted.

Curnow keeps his spot...again...despite form and rumours suggesting otherwise.

Casboult, Dick and Warnock our emergencies

Reply #112
Jacksh, Whiley, Boekhorst, Cripps, Buckley all in the same team.
Great glimpse into the future.

Reply #113
Jacksh, Whiley, Boekhorst, Cripps, Buckley all in the same team.
Great glimpse into the future.

Disappointing that we can't add menzel into that.

Reply #114
An interesting call to drop Casboult, particularly when he has performed better than Jones.  I guess it means that Rowe will alternate between CHB and ruck again  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #115
True re. Menz, but no point playing guys who aren't right.
Would be great to see Menz and Byrne to the side in coming weeks.
Levi needs to get back to the Nthrn Blues and get some confidence in his kicking for goal, as its just plain embarrassing right now.

People were jumping up and down saying MM doesn't play the kids...
Well so far this year we ve seen Smith, Byrne, Dick, Jacksh, Boekhorst and Whiley all play their first games for us, Bucks fighting his way into the team and  now being given a shot, and Cripps (rnd 4), Bell (rnd 4) and Doc (rnd 1) play their best games as Blues players.
And people say the rebuilding hasn't started yet lol

Reply #116
Will Jacksh play forward at all? And swing back when Rowe takes the ruck? Or he'll be back and Hendo forward all night?

Reply #117
Three good ins and I am pleased to see Whiley playing as I think he will add something to the team...
Dont know about dropping Casboult...makes us a bit unbalanced IMO and I am not a fan of using Rowe in the ruck....
Bit concerned as well about Jaksch having to maybe pick up Jessie White who is much bigger and stronger and hopefully Rowe spends more time down back than on the ball..

Jones has to fire up this week as we cant expect Henderson to kick five every game and we have zero crumbers/genuine small forwards given Menzel is out....

Blues by 5 points on the back of Micks milestone game....

Reply #118
Jamo looked proppy last week will he be a late omission for the Boult?