Skip to main content
Topic: Round 5 preview Carlton v Collingwood  (Read 50550 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 5 preview Carlton v Collingwood

Reply #150
Hey, that would be a good book name  ;)

Watto's not looking happy!  ;D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #151
If we want a body on body marking target it's Hendo, if we want another body on body marking target I'd be trying Jammo.

I'd leave Rowe and Jaksch down back for now.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #152
We will out run Collingwood tonight.  Cake tin was a crap ground last week that didn't allow any space.

Buckley, Walker, Armfield, Boekhurst, Murphy, Whiley, Simpson, Everitt, Curnow all have toe and can break the lines and spread quickly.

Let us loose at the G in dewy conditions!!!

Reply #153
The ins outweigh the outs so it's a better side than last week, Judd alone is worth a few goals even if he doesn't kick any himself.
Casboult had to be dropped, he deflates the whole side when he kicks out of bounds from 30 metres, Jones at least doesn't miss by as far.
We'll probably lose but I'm expecting a four quarter effort, if the breaks and umpiring go our way and we don't miss sitters we could sneak a win.
Go Baggers!!!!!
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #155
We will out run Collingwood tonight.  Cake tin was a crap ground last week that didn't allow any space.

Buckley, Walker, Armfield, Boekhurst, Murphy, Whiley, Simpson, Everitt, Curnow all have toe and can break the lines and spread quickly.

Let us loose at the G in dewy conditions!!!

Yep, plenty of zip and endurance (add Bell) in that list. Ditto the Juddster - always raises the bar in the 4th.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #156
Surely ample talls on the park - Hendo, Wood, Jaksch, Rowe, Jones, Jamo.....

i think playing 3 talls in the forward line is a liability (luxury?) we can't afford with (until last week) none of them playing remotely decent footy. Not to mention shocking kicking at goal.

I'd be playing Walker (190cm) permanent forward with Everitt there too (194cm).

Add Cripps (193cm) to 'rest' there. Judd (189cm) can do the same.

I reckon we are more mobile and dangerous this way for the time being anyway.

They are all capable in the air, at ground level and have good size for sure.

Reply #157
The main perpetrators to our downfall against these blokes last year in Ben Reid, Dayne Beams, and  Steele Sidebottom won't be there  this time, which gives me some hope.
I know... im clutching at straws here lol.

Reply #158
The main perpetrators to our downfall against these blokes last year in Ben Reid, Dayne Beams, and  Steele Sidebottom won't be there  this time, which gives me some hope.

Got to keep an eye on Elliot too; he seems to like playing against us.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #159

We'll be missing Thomas, Yarran, Kreuzer, Carrazzo and Menzel who are all in our best 22, so I think we're worse off than the Maggotts on the injury/suspension front.
If any two of them was playing I'd be confident we could beat them.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #160
Got to keep an eye on Elliot too; he seems to like playing against us.

Varcoe was very good against Essendon as well, Zach will probably get that job.

Reply #161
Collingwood are rated the best this year for keeping the ball in their forward 50, however their defense is poor so I'd hope to see several torps early to get over the Collingwood press and push back their players making it easier to get the first kick in after a behind.

Reply #162
Collingwood are rated the best this year for keeping the ball in their forward 50, however their defense is poor so I'd hope to see several torps early to get over the Collingwood press and push back their players making it easier to get the first kick in after a behind.
Blair, Elliot are the ones who normally feast out against us. Varcoe will also be one to watch, can tear a game open early.

Reply #163

Don't get me started on the torp, I think it's worked for us all of once in Mick's time.

Reply #164
Sav Rocca and Levi standing out in the middle of the G together for about 15 mins. 'visualizing'????