Skip to main content
Topic: Daisy charged for striking Laidler! - can accept 1 game suspension (Read 54916 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Daisy charged for striking Laidler! - can accept 1 game suspension

Reply #60
It has been apparent in the play of a lot of our players, especially in neutral situations over the last few weeks. However, we need to get really good at it and hide our thuggery like Hawthorn do. Our guys do not know how and when to show that aggression yet. Hawthorn took a while to 'get it right'. Hopefully, so will we.

Docherty's spoil that left the Swans player on the deck for couple of minutes and looking over his shoulder for the rest of the game was a good example.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #61
Docherty's spoil that left the Swans player on the deck for couple of minutes and looking over his shoulder for the rest of the game was a good example.
Indeed. Nor was it alone. For our guys:
(a) to walk away (relatively) unscathed
(b) to make opposition players pay a physical price
(c) to see how our guys related to it
are all major positives.

Please sir, can we have some more. :)  
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #62
Graham gave his opponent a hip to the orchestra stalls that brought tears to his eyes and kept him out of the game for 5 minutes.  I suspect that one was accidental :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #63

I suspect that a lot of the negatives being thrown around is because of WHO it is, rather than WHAT actually happened.

Spot on, Laidler took a massive dive.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #64
All this argy bargy we are now doing (and will get better at it) will make the Dawks game a rather physical one.  :)
I reckon BB will have the boys fired up for that one. Here's hoping.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #65
All this argy bargy we are now doing (and will get better at it) will make the Dawks game a rather physical one.  :)
BB will be ensuring every game is a physical one, not just the Dawks one. Did you here his comment in "The Journey" when one of the boys had some claret coming out during training? Something like: I like it, a little bit of blood never killed anyone. We saw the smiling, cheerful little man at Hawthorn who grinned and thanked the reporters for coming to his presser. Deep down he is a competitive and ruthless individual who wont give up until his mission is accomplished. And there will be casualties along the way. I like him alot.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #66

Bolton could not have found a more accurate or quicker way to make our lot feel "Comfortable at being uncomfortable" than to force them to play physically accountable and intimidating football. For most of the last decade the only people we have been any good at intimidating or bullying have been our own!

So "Unity" and "Become Comfortable at Being Uncomfortable". Watch Clarkson's tactics against us very closely, he will be desperate to pick this apart especially if it looks like being the seeds of long term success! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #67
I suspect that a lot of the negatives being thrown around is because of WHO it is, rather than WHAT actually happened.

I'm not canning the effort, I'm canning the idea of taking it to the AFL and trying to beat it, because Daisy isn't really a key player and he probably got what he deserved.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #68
Bolton could not have found a more accurate or quicker way to make our lot feel "Comfortable at being uncomfortable" than to force them to play physically accountable and intimidating football. For most of the last decade the only people we have been any good at intimidating or bullying have been our own!

So "Unity" and "Become Comfortable at Being Uncomfortable". Watch Clarkson's tactics against us very closely, he will be desperate to pick this apart especially if it looks like being the seeds of long term success! ;)

Hubris is a funny thing.

I think Clarkson will want to try and pick this apart, but on some level he will be pleased that it will be his protege to knock him off if anyone is going to do it.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #69
Hubris is a funny thing.

I think Clarkson will want to try and pick this apart, but on some level he will be pleased that it will be his protege to knock him off if anyone is going to do it.

Isn't Bolton the fifth of Clarkson's protégés currently coaching against him?

I suspect Clarkson doesn't give a fat rat's clacker about our long term prospects and will simply be focused on winning on the day.  He and his players will perhaps be expecting a more physical game from us but they won't be changing the way they go about their footy. 

Reply #70
Isn't Bolton the fifth of Clarkson's protégés currently coaching against him?

I suspect Clarkson doesn't give a fat rat's clacker about our long term prospects and will simply be focused on winning on the day.  He and his players will perhaps be expecting a more physical game from us but they won't be changing the way they go about their footy.

Which is exactly why its full of hubris.

He thinks he is too good to have to knock off his proteges and accordingly will stick to what he does, till everyone out Hawthorns Hawthorn.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #71
Which is exactly why its full of hubris.

He thinks he is too good to have to knock off his proteges and accordingly will stick to what he does, till everyone out Hawthorns Hawthorn.

Without knowing the intricate details I put Bolton in a different category to the others. Bolton was the 2IC, the Lieutenant, the others were foot-soldiers who busied themselves learning from the General.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #72
Without knowing the intricate details I put Bolton in a different category to the others. Bolton was the 2IC, the Lieutenant, the others were foot-soldiers who busied themselves learning from the General.

That's overstating Bolton's role LP.  He was coach of Box Hill Hawks, then forward line coach.  The only difference is that he stood in for Clarkson when he was ill.

Reply #73
That's overstating Bolton's role LP.  He was coach of Box Hill Hawks, then forward line coach.  The only difference is that he stood in for Clarkson when he was ill.

I think the only thing that stopped Bolton being courted earlier was the past players AFL Boys Club. But there have been so many AFL Boys Club failures recently they are now a bit on the nose!

PS; Video up on the club website now, in Emily Angwin's video, really shows the level of Laidler's staging for a free, either that or he has the reflexes of a slug! Two views, one angle shows the double motion from Laidler, the other shows Daisy's elbow is past Laidler's jaw near Laidler's right shoulder/collar bone.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #74
PS; Video up on the club website now, in Emily Angwin's video, really shows the level of Laidler's staging for a free, either that or he has the reflexes of a slug! Two views, one angle shows the double motion from Laidler, the other shows Daisy's elbow is past Laidler's jaw near Laidler's right shoulder/collar bone.

That's exactly how I saw the Laidler 'dive/pose for a free'. Seems Walks let him have it too. You'd think that all opponents of the Swans will be niggling Laidler over his acting. And so they should. Pr1ck.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17