Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 23: Post Game Party? Blues come home in the last! (Read 69603 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 23: Post Game Party? Blues come home in the last!

Reply #90
I think the Pies were told they'd get a Sunday final in return for playing round 23 on the Sunday.

Whoever plays Collingwood gets the Sunday final I think.

Although Fox are stating otherwise.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #91
No doubt...both he and Gibbs were challenged by the coach and delivered. Murphy looked better down forward and his finishing was important.

Credit also to Yarran who played very well and his work was very classy at times....

Credit must go to Malthouse who really put the onus on the leaders and even Duigan I thought was a valuable player...

Big question is can this same group of players who won the game for us tonight led by Murphy deliver again next week....

Credit to Malthouse!!!!

Did you see him in the coaches box during the 3rd, he had given up!!!

I tell you what made the difference, they gave that stupid boundary hugging crap the ar5eholla. Let Murphy, Gibbs and Yarran actually play some football and went through the middle of the ground!

You can credit MM for the first 3 quarters, not the last!

I don't think you can discredit Mick, I'm hopeful, like in round 1, he went, boys, lets play with instincts lets
Move It on and run through be middle.

All goals were kicked from the corridor in the last, anyone who says we didnt change the style has their head in the sand.

I'll give Mick this one as I hope out players didnt do their own thing... Lets hope it carries on next week..
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #92
Just showed a graphic on ch7, they think we will play Sunday.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #93
I think the Pies were told they'd get a Sunday final in return for playing round 23 on the Sunday.

Whoever plays Collingwood gets the Sunday final I think.

Although Fox are stating otherwise.

Fox Footy just went with us Sunday but said unconfirmed... I think you are right if its the pies its sunday. 

Reply #94
Great work today MBB
The only one not bagging the blues and staying positive.
Loved your patriotism and optimism ????

Reply #95

With Captians Club anyone know how many tickets we can buy???

Reply #96
Great work today MBB
x2
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #97

With Captians Club anyone know how many tickets we can buy???

we got 2 per card back in 2011 against the Bombers but I'm not sure about this year.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #98
I sat through the first half of the game totally devastated >:D then had to go out for a family tea.  Found out we won by a point. :))
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN WATCH A REPLY (NON FOXTEL)?  PLEASE.

Reply #99
MM and the players deserved the kicking thy got in the In Game Thread.  I don't regret anything I said because they were playing without soul or for the jumper.

But that last quarter was their best 30 minutes for the year.  They played with intensity and heart and genuine belief and they were lead by a man who took 23 rounds to work out what's needed to be a Captain.

This has nothing to so with MM's gameplan.  In the first three quarters Port ran harder and played smarter.  We kicked long to their loose man and didn't run to man up when they had the ball.  In fact we had the ball over 100 less times in the first half because we weren't willing to compete.  Again, nothing to do with hugging the boundary line.

But when they faltered and ran out of legs we finally pounced and it's a credit to top up players like Bell and Duigan that they were there to make an impact.

MM is a great coach.  20 final series to his name.  There's only so much you can do with players who may have raw talent but no intelligence.

It's nice that we've made it into the Finals but for me the measure of Mick will be next year.  He won't be able to blame the last regime just like Abbot will blame Rudd if he wins next week.

In the meantime roll on the Tiges.

Reply #100
No doubt...both he and Gibbs were challenged by the coach and delivered. Murphy looked better down forward and his finishing was important.

Credit also to Yarran who played very well and his work was very classy at times....

Credit must go to Malthouse who really put the onus on the leaders and even Duigan I thought was a valuable player...

Big question is can this same group of players who won the game for us tonight led by Murphy deliver again next week....

Credit to Malthouse!!!!

Did you see him in the coaches box during the 3rd, he had given up!!!

I tell you what made the difference, they gave that stupid boundary hugging crap the ar5eholla. Let Murphy, Gibbs and Yarran actually play some football and went through the middle of the ground!

You can credit MM for the first 3 quarters, not the last!

lol.   You can't have it both ways.

Reply #101
Great work today MBB

Agree.

However for all the rest of us Carlton were terrible for 2 and half quarters.   137 uncontested possessions to 51 at half time. 

Reply #102
Hey do you know how many times in the game I wanted to reach for the keyboard and let fly? For some strange reason I thought if I did I'd end up with egg on my face!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #103
MM and the players deserved the kicking thy got in the In Game Thread.  I don't regret anything I said because they were playing without soul or for the jumper.

But that last quarter was their best 30 minutes for the year.  They played with intensity and heart and genuine belief and they were lead by a man who took 23 rounds to work out what's needed to be a Captain.

This has nothing to so with MM's gameplan.  In the first three quarters Port ran harder and played smarter.  We kicked long to their loose man and didn't run to man up when they had the ball.  In fact we had the ball over 100 less times in the first half because we weren't willing to compete.  Again, nothing to do with hugging the boundary line.

But when they faltered and ran out of legs we finally pounced and it's a credit to top up players like Bell and Duigan that they were there to make an impact.

MM is a great coach.  20 final series to his name.  There's only so much you can do with players who may have raw talent but no intelligence.

It's nice that we've made it into the Finals but for me the measure of Mick will be next year.  He won't be able to blame the last regime just like Abbot will blame Rudd if he wins next week.

In the meantime roll on the Tiges.

the former vic labor govt blamed the kennett government for 11 years...

Reply #104
Hey do you know how many times in the game I wanted to reach for the keyboard and let fly? For some strange reason I thought if I did I'd end up with egg on my face!
Know exactly what you mean. I wasnt as disciplined.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th