Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 8: After Game Analysis: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 28034 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 8: After Game Analysis: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #75
Just painting a picture, Sandy, but my point is about umpires deciding the final game result...
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #76
Ump was feeling the pressure. Simmo was giving him lip, for what was a correct call by the ump, and being so close to the crowd he was getting a massive bake as well. Williamson tries to be a bit cute and the ump pulls the trigger.

Frankly , I get the absolute craps with players whinging about decsions the know are correct. Sheedy started that crap as a tactic to get umps to second guess themselves and award less kicks against and more kicks for the Bombers.

Every time a player opens his gob it should be 50m and then all this melodrama would stop with a month and the game would flow much better.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #77
Agreed.  I reckon players mouthing off at umpires is on the rise this season...a really bad look
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #78
Ump was feeling the pressure. Simmo was giving him lip, for what was a correct call by the ump, and being so close to the crowd he was getting a massive bake as well. Williamson tries to be a bit cute and the ump pulls the trigger.

Frankly , I get the absolute craps with players whinging about decsions the know are correct. Sheedy started that crap as a tactic to get umps to second guess themselves and award less kicks against and more kicks for the Bombers.

Every time a player opens his gob it should be 50m and then all this melodrama would stop with a month and the game would flow much better.
Agree, never seen an ump change his mind, never will so no point arguing the point with them on field.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #79
Who was on Billings?
Hmmm. Has been mentioned on this thread but he essentially tore us a new one. I saw Plowman with him when he was deep fwd and he seemed to quick for him. I dont recall who matched up on him around the ground.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #80
I didn't like the melee but the fact alot flew the flag was great.
No more will teams bully us. Now I do like that.
Hopefully it will just be fines.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #81
I didn't like the melee but the fact alot flew the flag was great.
No more will teams bully us. Now I do like that.
Hopefully it will just be fines.

Sometimes ugly things have to be done for the education of others. We are not to be messed with!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #82
Sometimes ugly things have to be done for the education of others. We are not to be messed with!
Agree Cookie, this is one area that also needs to be adjusted, no more bullying us around. If we have to pay fines, its the price we have to pay. I heard a snipet on the news that the all in melee will be investigated by the AFL.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #83
Hmmm. Has been mentioned on this thread but he essentially tore us a new one. I saw Plowman with him when he was deep fwd and he seemed to quick for him. I dont recall who matched up on him around the ground.

I reckon he got two of those goals because we didn't set up right at stoppages .
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #84
I reckon he got two of those goals because we didn't set up right at stoppages .
Yes. Billings and that turd Steven were the main difference. Steven seemed to have had about 40+ touches, I was surprised to see he had 32 but to me, he was extremely influential.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #85
Yes. Billings and that turd Steven were the main difference. Steven seemed to have had about 40+ touches, I was surprised to see he had 32 but to me, he was extremely influential.

Yes, and the other guy who is important is Ross who is low profile but regularly gets 30+ possessions.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #86
Agreed.  I reckon players mouthing off at umpires is on the rise this season...a really bad look

Totally agree. Big waste of energy and in most competitive sports umpires are treated with much more respect... the AFL needs to step in and let all players know that umpire abuse will incur an instant penalty.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #87
One other thing, I know Crippa a little brain fade running into goal in the 2nd but since when is it within the rules to give an ankle tap and get pinged for incorrect disposal?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #88
I dont think their brand will get them very far in September.
It will depend on who they play. The 'Aints like a free flowing style and they do it well. Stymie their run and they don't have a plan B. Against another free flowing side, they have show they can be winners. But I am not sure they will handle the close checking brand some teams manage in finals.
They also depend on the getting the ball out of the middle. They have a good ruck brigade and are used to getting 1st use of the ball. Not sure how that would fare against a Nic Nat or Ryder type, or a Sandilands.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #89
One other thing, I know Crippa a little brain fade running into goal in the 2nd but since when is it within the rules to give an ankle tap and get pinged for incorrect disposal?
That was one of the worst decisions I've seen. The only way he could fall over is by being tripped. Again, as others have written, 38000 saw it; 3 did not. As it was, Crippa should have buried it.
For that matter, Fisher should have some sort of right foot. He could well learn by looking at Simmo, whose right foot is under-utilized, but he often manages to tie his opponents in knots while finally getting on his left.
Live Long and Prosper!