Skip to main content
Topic: R1 vs Port Adelaide @ Etihad - Pre-Match Postulating (Read 56420 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 vs Port Adelaide @ Etihad - Pre-Match Postulating

Reply #75
Anyhoo, back to business. My side for end one is:

FB Simpson Jamison Tuohy
HB Everitt Watson Yarran
C Walker Gibbs Thomas
HF Robinson Waite Menzel
FF Garlett Henderson Armfield
R Warnock Murphy Bell
INT Cripps Kreuzer Curnow Buckley (sub)

My wish: I will dead set chub up if Cripps gets picked and he lights it up from the get go. He is a bull of a kid and I really want to see him, Bell and Robbo make a few flinch at the contests.
Assumptions Yarran Henderson Walker get up and Brock won't. Put in Ellard, Levi, Scotto respectively if those mentioned don't get up.

2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #76
Anyhoo, back to business. My side for end one is:

FB Simpson Jamison Tuohy
HB Everitt Watson Yarran
C Walker Gibbs Thomas
HF Robinson Waite Menzel
FF Garlett Henderson Armfield
R Warnock Murphy Bell
INT Cripps Kreuzer Curnow Buckley (sub)

My wish: I will dead set chub up if Cripps gets picked and he lights it up from the get go. He is a bull of a kid and I really want to see him, Bell and Robbo make a few flinch at the contests.
Assumptions Yarran Henderson Walker get up and Brock won't. Put in Ellard, Levi, Scotto respectively if those mentioned don't get up.

Can't see Brock missing and either Rowe or Levi. Scotto missing would also be a risk. That said I also would love to see Cripps and Bucks get a crack but I doubt the MC would risk both. Army is no walk up start I expect either.
Watson simply must play as should Everitt and Daisy, while Bell deserves a chance to prove himself against the pre-season hype.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #77
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-03-11/hendo-right-for-round-1

According to this Hendo will be available this week, and Carrots and Doherty for R2, with Juddy for R3.

It did hint Juddy could be back for round 2. But with all 3 not having had any praccy matches, I'd assume all (including Judd) should play VFL.

Judd won't play seconds

Reply #79
Judd won't play seconds

A disgrace if we even asked him to do as much.
How else does he get match fit?

Had he not missed all the praccy games or got injured mid season it's be a different story. But I just think playing your first game for the year would be massive ask. Players always say as hard as you train, you can't replicate match conditions to get match fit without playing.

Reply #80
Judd won't play seconds

A disgrace if we even asked him to do as much.
How else does he get match fit?

Had he not missed all the praccy games or got injured mid season it's be a different story. But I just think playing your first game for the year would be massive ask. Players always say as hard as you train, you can't replicate match conditions to get match fit without playing.

Play him as a sub if necessary, but players of his calibre shouldn't even need that. A 70% fit Judd is still a better player than many of our starting 22.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #81
He's not the same Judd and he could benefit from having a run in the twos.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #82
Agreed.  No player should be too good to get their fitness back in the twos.  Fark me, Daisy Thomas did it at Pie land trying to come back last year, and even Luke Hodge was required to do the same thing.

Culturally speaking, we would benefit greatly from him coming back through the twos, as it sends a message to the group.  No one is a walk up start, and dont take your position for granted.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #83
I'm sure Juddy would happily play NBs if it was seen as beneficial to his recovery and comeback. He wouldn't see himself as being above doing that.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #84
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-03-11/hendo-right-for-round-1

According to this Hendo will be available this week, and Carrots and Doherty for R2, with Juddy for R3.

It did hint Juddy could be back for round 2. But with all 3 not having had any praccy matches, I'd assume all (including Judd) should play VFL.

Judd won't play seconds

Agree....would start on the bench in the seniors but I dont see him playing VFL...

Reply #85
Chris Judd is the Fittest most professional bloke in our club. He's hardly crap and if he's ready he plays.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #86
Agreed.  No player should be too good to get their fitness back in the twos.  Fark me, Daisy Thomas did it at Pie land trying to come back last year, and even Luke Hodge was required to do the same thing.

Culturally speaking, we would benefit greatly from him coming back through the twos, as it sends a message to the group.  No one is a walk up start, and dont take your position for granted.

Agree. He is a good enough player to just walk back in but we have send a message, however I still can't see him playing twos. The powers that be wont let it happen and they will want him there against the Tigers if he is close enough.

Reply #87
Chris Judd is the Fittest most professional bloke in our club. He's hardly crap and if he's ready he plays.

Amen.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #88
Ok he is my team for round 1. Judd, Carrots and Docherty out injured.

B: Tuohy Jamison Rowe
HB: Walker Watson Simpson
C: Thomas McLean Gibbs
HF: Menzel Waite Everitt
F: Garlett Henderson Kreuzer
R: Warnock Murphy Bell
Ic: Robinson Curnow Armfield
Sub: Cripps
Emg: Scotland Buckley Casboult

Reply #89

Agree. He is a good enough player to just walk back in but we have send a message, however I still can't see him playing twos. The powers that be wont let it happen and they will want him there against the Tigers if he is close enough.

What's the message? Who is Judd keeping out of the side who deserves his spot? Bootsma?