Skip to main content
Topic: 2015 Rd2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Pain & Suffering (Read 58821 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015 Rd2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Pain & Suffering

Reply #60
I've got nothing
I'm just wandering aimlessly around the lounge room :(

Reply #61
Essendon will rip us a new one next week. They will not let us get out of the blocks with a lead at quarter time. Hence, we could lose by nearly 100 points. Then the pressure on Mick will be huge. If not already so. I don't think we played this poor footy when Pagan was running the show. 12 goal turn around this match after a 50 point turn around is not the best way to start a season.

I presume we have a club psychologist?  I don't expect our players to be any less or more intelligent than any other side's (except CheatsFC - "duh, he done gave me lots of needles so as I don't git so tired") but has anyone explained to these boneheads some facts about the laws of probability? i.e. if I throw 9 heads in a row the chances of a tail coming up is still only 50/50.
Ergo, when you happen to score 3 goals in a row, YOU STILL HAVE TO FIGHT LIKE SH*T TO GET THE NEXT GOAL.  These guys seem to have this mindset that consecutive goals, or a 3-4 goal break is simply an excuse to take a break.  FMD, I'm over these mentally weak so-called leaders.

Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #62
So what about the kids then...

Buckley needs to be given a run.

Broekhurst doesn't fill me with any confidence - another Lucas and one way runner

Dillon Rainbow - from all reports nowhere near ready

Clem Smith - is not there yet either.

Nic Graham - not good enough

Nic Hollman - not good enough

Matthew Watson - why is he even at the club

Cameron Giles - has barely played a game.  Not likely to provide much anytime soon.

I know I'm missing a bunch of rookies, but seriously, it's a very bare cupboard.

Reply #63
Ellard.... come on... Ellard... Really???

Smith? Why was he playing? Did the coaches not watch last week's game? Waaaay off the pace. Too small which is fine if you're really quick but he's not quick... at all!

Sam Rowe. Bell. Carazzo. Curnow.

Judd went out of the game without a whimper. Priddis got a hard tag (Curnow) but had 31 pos.

At least Judd was in the game at some point. Murphy is a complete liability when not dominating. Does not man up or chase so his opponent ran straight through the middle unchallenged for most of the night.

All of this is to the side of the main point: The whole team mentally is not worth 2 bob.

Jamo is in the leadership group! The most panic stricken, negative, selfish player in the league is in our leadership group!!!!!!!!! He played for too long next to Bret Thornton and caught some contagious compulsive pants crapt!ng disease.
(Selfish as in never helps out his teammate - just watches his own opponent. Couldn't even do that this week)

Reply #64
Buckley needs to be given a run

It should be assumed that his breakout year last season would see him as an integral part of this years backline supporting Yazz as an explosive ball carrier off half back. Missing....why?
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #65
I went to subi once. Saw a young guy called Laurence Awgwin kick two goals and we lost by 120 off points.

This was worse.

Spin it all you want. I was there at both.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #66
I've got nothing
I'm just wandering aimlessly around the lounge room :(

Have a very large drink

Reply #67
Might as well just use Shadesy's post match summary that he wrote at 1.00 this afternoon ::)

Replace Carrazzo with White and Duggan didn't play that well.

My OP needs more credit.

#united #reset

Reply #68
Wonder what Essendon is paying for a 100 point win.

Reply #69
The off field has improved. ..the on field will.take time.. agree cookie

I think the club needs to more honest with us MF. It needs to explain exactly what the plans are. The Saints is open and honest about the fact it is rebuilding. Hopefully CFC may well be doing the same but I for one am not sure what the strategy is. It's pretty plain to most that the present list isn't the answer but we can only surmise e.g. SOS's appointment is a fair pointer to a rebuild. On the other hand the recruitment of guys like Tutt and Jones would seem contrary to that idea.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #70
@ cookie I said the same comments on another thread...the trigger and judge need to be open ...we are 5 to 10 years away from being competitive

Reply #71
So what about the kids then...

Buckley needs to be given a run.

Broekhurst doesn't fill me with any confidence - another Lucas and one way runner

Dillon Rainbow - from all reports nowhere near ready

Clem Smith - is not there yet either.

Nic Graham - not good enough

Nic Hollman - not good enough

Matthew Watson - why is he even at the club

Cameron Giles - has barely played a game.  Not likely to provide much anytime soon.

I know I'm missing a bunch of rookies, but seriously, it's a very bare cupboard.

Yes it is a worry. The seconds dont seem to be developing players all that well. Carlton seems to have had a rough time trying to integrate the northern blues with the AFL side and the variously untidy arrangements the past few years may have had an effect.

Ideally, the first year recruits would be unlikely to play a game this year, getting their chances in year 2 or three. This includes Boekhorst, who, despite being notionally 'mature aged' is still very young, and our expectations should reflect this.  Buckly is more of a concern as he should be demanding a place. Watson is an odd case, but I fear we have kept him on the list for too long without a clear direction for his role.

Its the more middle of the road players that are a worry. Carlton has done well in a sense with rookie listed players, a few of whom played tonight. But typically rookie players have some major deficiencies and unless a long term effort is made to address them then they continue.  Focussed and professional coaching, and a settled reserves structure are the way to do this, and we have not had the ideal arrangements for a long time now.

Reply #72
Before anyone starts regurgitating the same cliches from the in-game thread....

Josh Kennedy: "Our guys in the middle showed dominance and made it easy for us."
"Our boys in the middle who were delivering the footy were on and made it so much easier for us."
"They dropped a few back, but i think it was our transistion and the way we moved the footy, it worked well."

Yes, we did drop numbers back
Yes, it was because we had little or no midfield pressure that made the forwards job easy.
So no, it was not Jamos fault.

That takes care of about 1/4 of the complaints people had.

Wrong... Not one bloke wanted to go into the hole. Not one.

Not Jamos fault until it was one on one and Jamo/Rowe were beaten for 4 of the goals.

#united #reset

Reply #73
I presume we have a club psychologist?  I don't expect our players to be any less or more intelligent than any other side's (except CheatsFC - "duh, he done gave me lots of needles so as I don't git so tired") but has anyone explained to these boneheads some facts about the laws of probability? i.e. if I throw 9 heads in a row the chances of a tail coming up is still only 50/50.
Ergo, when you happen to score 3 goals in a row, YOU STILL HAVE TO FIGHT LIKE SH*T TO GET THE NEXT GOAL.  These guys seem to have this mindset that consecutive goals, or a 3-4 goal break is simply an excuse to take a break.  FMD, I'm over these mentally weak so-called leaders.

Even a Shrink wont work...Mick said in his presser we dont have the talent, good players/free agents dont want to come to us because we are crap and our leadership is non existant...
he did say previously he couldnt see us losing a game....maybe Mick needs the shrink?

Reply #74
Even a Shrink wont work...Mick said in his presser we dont have the talent, good players/free agents dont want to come to us because we are crap and our leadership is non existant...
he did say previously he couldnt see us losing a game....maybe Mick needs the shrink?

Yes, Mick was very clear about how all the people he has brought into the club are doing a fantastic job and that side of the equation is all great but we lack talent. We need to share blame for the loss though :))