Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 3 : Pre Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon  (Read 31131 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 3 : Pre Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #15
Wonder if Rowe will play on J Daniher or will Weitering move back to defence?

I think Rowe deserves first crack, he has been solid. Don't want to send a message to them that we are worried and need Weitering back either just from a mindset thing at the start.

In general though I am torn, Weitering with a developing McKay has great potential as a forward duo but as a defender our backline is pretty much ready and set. Perfect world Kerr comes on and Weitering can move back but who knows. Just hope Cripps pulls, it will be a massive loss if we don't have him.

Reply #16
Wonder if Rowe will play on J Daniher or will Weitering move back to defence?
Rowe probably wont play as he ended up with concussion.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #17
So this was a game I pencilled us in for a possible win, I still stand by that. I dont rate these cheating fecks just yet and I have not seen anything diabolical from our mob to suggest we are no chance. I would love nothing more than to burst their bubble.
Blues by 12 pts
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #18
So this was a game I pencilled us in for a possible win, I still stand by that. I dont rate these cheating fecks just yet and I have not seen anything diabolical from our mob to suggest we are no chance. I would love nothing more than to burst their bubble.
Blues by 12 pts

Never feel confident vs Essendon and given their B team beat us last season I dont feel we have much chance with Cripps likely missing and perhaps Rowe as well...
Their mids are on fire and I dont think we have the depth to cover them....
Love to see us win but cant see it....

Re: 2017 Round 3 : Pre Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon I'll iI

Reply #19

It would need a massive turn around from last game's performance. I can't see it happening ATM.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #20
Melbourne certainly did a disservice last week, even though they paid for it with suspensions. Cripps will not be at his best - he can't be. Rowe is probably not going to play and we play the Drug Cheats with things going their way. That is not good.
I could complain about Channel 7 and their sycophancy towards the Drug Cheats, but that will not change it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #21
@LP

The word I have is that the CheatsFC inner circle are talking up Carlton as the primary cause of their bans. Something to do with The Chemist Tapes! ;)

Oh yeah that's right. Just like Carlton is the primary cause of the Russian rail blast right :o ffs
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #22
It would need a massive turn around from last game's performance. I can't see it happening ATM.
Turnaround? Yes. Massive? No. Maintain the effort in that last qtr, score that extra goal and we win. We dropped off and let Melbourne get a little run. Stop that and we win. Its not massive, its attitude. Have faith, you never know.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #23
This one may get nasty not  confident at All, could really blow out.
If we're to win everything needs to go right for us,  keeping fingers crossed.
Go Baggers

Reply #24
Melbourne certainly did a disservice last week, even though they paid for it with suspensions. Cripps will not be at his best - he can't be. Rowe is probably not going to play and we play the Drug Cheats with things going their way. That is not good.
I could complain about Channel 7 and their sycophancy towards the Drug Cheats, but that will not change it.
We will be everyone's whipping boy forever until we win a flag.
Every moment, every chance C7 gets it puts it's boot into us.
Playing the Scum is another perfect opportunity.
When was the last time we heard 'Champagne football', Premiership Quarter?'
It makes you cry when you think about how long ago those comments went hand in hand with our football club.
I don't understand the love of the Scum after all they also cheated for the 93 flag.
But until we win IT we have to keep sucking it up, but boy when we do win it I think we will be sore losers. >:D
People will know we have won.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #25
While very few 'experts' will select us i don't rate them as highly as some. Yes they have better leg speed and a midfield that bats a little deeper, but that's where their advantage ends.

This is the week for Murphy and Gibbs to play big 4 quarter  games - I was at the Port game last year for Simmo 250th and our leaders played a blinder. That's the effort we need this week.

If Gibbs and Murphy play big games and Cripps gets up, Kreuzer will be the dominate ruckman on the field which will definitely give us an edge in the middle if Gibbs and Murphy are on.  I would use negetive roles with curnow to merrett and armfield to Heppell.

Negate their only strength and we win. It's our home game I reckon we will be up for this.

Blues by 14.

Reply #26
Shawny, it was Simmo's 250th.

I think their forwards in Daniher and Orazio "Stu Cazzio" Fantasia are pretty handy. Their better mids in Heppell and Zac are in good form and in a good age /experience bracket. Our main guys Murph and Gibbs are starting to trail off a little. Jobe, like Simmo, was never fast, but he looks slower and more lumbering than usual. Still strong though, and still a good use of the footy.

Our record against them recently goes something like this :
2008-2012 : 4 wins, 1 draw, 6 losses
2013-2016 : 1 win, 1 draw, 5 losses.

Although one is better than the other, neither of those records is real flash.

I hope you're right about the win, but I don't see it happening.

Reply #27
Turnaround? Yes. Massive? No. Maintain the effort in that last qtr, score that extra goal and we win. We dropped off and let Melbourne get a little run. Stop that and we win. Its not massive, its attitude. Have faith, you never know.

Hope you're right GTC but I thought we really only played well for about 1.5qrts and made a lot of critical mistakes pretty much right through game. Having said all of that a report in today's Age has us really fired up! Go Blues!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #28
Hope you're right GTC but I thought we really only played well for about 1.5qrts and made a lot of critical mistakes pretty much right through game. Having said all of that a report in today's Age has us really fired up! Go Blues!
Cookie at some point, the tide must turn. It may as well be this week ;)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #29
The Curnow boys - Ed and Charlie - can tag Heppell and Watson for mine. Land someone on Zach Merrett like David Cuningham. We are about educating these young blokes, and they've gotta see what's required to go to the next level.

Weitering stays forward with Jack Silvagni and Harry McKay.

Outs for me are - Armfield, White and Casboult.

Bring in - Cuningham, Fisher and McKay

Let's show em, our kids are better than what they have. There's more to get excited by The Mighty Blues than the Bombers. I'd love for this to be clear to all that watch the game!