Skip to main content
Topic: Blues Vs Swans - post match expert analysis  (Read 42770 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues Vs Swans - post match expert analysis

Reply #30
Mick is ropeable. Lack of ticker, no want.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #31

he was and looked very angry with Robbo. In fact he sent a message out to Robbo via the runner a few times tonight.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #32
Yes we were touched up in the midfield but our forward structure and entry into our F50 was again atrocious. We haven't learned a bl00dy thing - ill directed long bombs often to the smallest player on the field or to Waite who was surrounded by 3 opponents - same old same old stuff that we all know does not effin' work. The best delivery all night was from I think Yarran - a perfect pass to advantage for Casboult who promptly fumbled and dropped the mark - aaargh!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #33

He may well be, but some of it has to fall on his shoulders. The Malthouse apologists constantly claim it was their man that did the business when we win, but it's the players fault when we lose.

Did anybody else think our players looked lost and confused tonight ?

Reply #34
Watched the game here in Melbourne at my sisters 50th birthday party at Browns Corner Hotel in Coburg.

Didn't handle the slippery conditions whatsoever, got the game smacked away from us in the third when they kicked 5.2 to our 0.0, refused to chase and apply pressure to their ball-carriers and ended up getting a lesson in finals footy.

Casboult was a complete non-event when I expected him to throw some weight around, Scotland looked slow and Warnick showed that he can't play two good'uns in a row.

Tipping the Tigers out was worth being there but tonight showed once again that we are still a level below the 'Big Boys'.

Really looking forward to Trade Week with a vengeance now.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #35
One thing MM has to stop is those goals scored against inside the last 30 seconds or so - was it Bolton who dribbled one through with 2 secs left on the clock?  They crape me to tears because you just KNOW we're susceptible.  No composure/leadership
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #36
Malthouse has stated that our midfield is not physical and hard enough

He mentioned he needed 5 new midfielders

He mentioned 5 to 10 picks to get new players

He will not go the quick fix for MM

Swan Hughes and Rodgers should all accept responsibility for this situation and all resign.

Reply #37
Need to be duper aggressive come trade week. We can go on overrating our list and prob finish 6-10 for the next 5 years. It's now time to be brave, very few players off limits IMO. This is not a top 4 side and n it's not a young team anymore
Eat more chooks

Reply #38

In reality the Judd deal crippled the club, but I would do it again in a heart beat.

As for that MM statement, Judd / Scotto / Carrazzo / Simmo and Waite will all retire without a game in the big danced for the Navy Blue!

2019 before we get another crack, GWS and GC have golden years to come for the next half a decade.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #39
Need to be duper aggressive come trade week. We can go on overrating our list and prob finish 6-10 for the next 5 years. It's now time to be brave, very few players off limits IMO. This is not a top 4 side and n it's not a young team anymore

We don't have a top 4 administration as well

That's the crux of the problem

If Port Adelaide can get a new President, CEO and Coach and go from bottom to 5th in one year that is all the evidence you need.....

Reply #40
When the kitchen gets hot, we go of the boil. Sydney gave us a lesson in hard, physical footy.

Our Midfield again rattled with pressure, none of our leaders lifted. 

McVeigh he was all class and he never says DIE.
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #41

In reality the Judd deal crippled the club, but I would do it again in a heart beat.

As for that MM statement, Judd / Scotto / Carrazzo / Simmo and Waite will all retire without a game in the big danced for the Navy Blue!

2019 before we get another crack, GWS and GC have golden years to come for the next half a decade.

Oh we had a Blue Print in 2011 that said 2 Premierships by 2014.

So who in the Club is going to accept responsibility for the present situation and fall on their sword?

Reply #42
If Port Adelaide can get a new President, CEO and Coach and go from bottom to 5th in one year that is all the evidence you need.....

Too simple an outlook I am afraid.

I expect Port to suffer the 2nd year blues for lots of those kids now that every club has seen them at least once.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
Wow settle down everyone! All teams come from nowhere and build, we can't just clean out half our team and get superstars in their place!

We need confidence and with a million dollar coach, he should know how to get the best out of every player - so far, he hasn't done that so over to you MM, go for it! Instil the confidence they need and the future does look bright.

Someone earlier asked if anyone else noticed how confused out team was - absolutely - and again we get smashed when we look like that.  Very proud of the boys, tough ask tonight, that ground was not even suitable for primary school
Footy FFS. Bring on 2014

Reply #44

Too simple an outlook I am afraid.

I expect Port to suffer the 2nd year blues for lots of those kids now that every club has seen them at least once.

If we had a top flight President, CEO, Recruiter, List Manager and Coach the Club would in a position to push for a Premiership in 5 years.

If nothing changes, we are looking at another 10 years of pain because GC and GWS are heading in to their glory years...