Skip to main content
Topic: Rd. 5 - Pre Game Thread - Blues V Dockers (Read 50207 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd. 5 - Pre Game Thread - Blues V Dockers

Reply #120
Buckley gets a game at carlton solely because his name is buckley....he has no tricks. .he kicks before he thinks. .and is all bluster. .
I doubt this is true, its not the 80s or 90s anymore mate. Buckley was drafted FS but was a very good jnr footballer, captained jnr sides also. Not sure whether he will make it but the notion that he gets a game because he is Jimmy's boy is nonsense.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #121
I would really like it if he could get it all together, but I am losing hope.

Same draft as Sam Docherty, the clock is definitely ticking for him.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #122
I doubt this is true, its not the 80s or 90s anymore mate. Buckley was drafted FS but was a very good jnr footballer, captained jnr sides also. Not sure whether he will make it but the notion that he gets a game because he is Jimmy's boy is nonsense.

yep. he was drafted FS. 3rd rd selection pick 62 - high demand from other clubs...

Reply #123
Buckley is possibly our only small with elite pace.

If that is not a trick then you guys are on drugs.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #124
Buckley gets a game at carlton solely because his name is buckley....he has no tricks. .he kicks before he thinks. .and is all bluster. .

That is a silly comment.  Buckley gets a game because he has a crack and he's in our best 22.  That may help to explain our position on the ladder but Buckley's name would carry no weight with our match committee.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #126
That is a silly comment.  Buckley gets a game because he has a crack and he's in our best 22.  That may help to explain our position on the ladder but Buckley's name would carry no weight with our match committee.

buckley lacks poise, he kicks before he thinks, he provides no physical pressure that defenders must have. his dropped mark last week was the killer for me - chest mark regulation. he is on the cut list for me.

Reply #127
buckley lacks poise, he kicks before he thinks, he provides no physical pressure that defenders must have. his dropped mark last week was the killer for me - chest mark regulation. he is on the cut list for me.
Its the board its the board!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #128
If you don't rate elite pace have a look a puopolo tonight.

Paul Hewson

Reply #130
On the other hand check out Hill EB... Lightly framed and timid...  No wonder they rate Issac Smith so highly at Glenferrie, he's irreplaceable.

Hawks dont look as fit as previous years and they need a CHF for later in the year, Gunstan was meh in the role tonight.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #131
On the other hand check out Hill EB... Lightly framed and timid...  No wonder they rate Issac Smith so highly at Glenferrie, he's irreplaceable.

Hawks dont look as fit as previous years and they need a CHF for later in the year, Gunstan was meh in the role tonight.
Doesnt matter with them, one dies, another rises. They rarely all play badly. Was a great game. Crows unlucky, Hawks fought to the end.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #132

Roughead back gives them their other KP Forward..Sicily becomes their 3rd forward...add Bruest, Poppy and Cyril for flavour....

Reply #133

I thought Smith was really poor particularly in the fourth.  Lacked the hunger of his teamates.  Cyril, Mitchell, Langford and puopolo found another level when the game needed to be won.

Paul Hewson

Reply #134
I thought Smith was really poor particularly in the fourth.  Lacked the hunger of his teamates.  Cyril, Mitchell, Langford and puopolo found another level when the game needed to be won.

I agree, Isaac has not had a great start to the year in terms of consistency IMO. Still to find his mojo, but has a few good moments.
Reality always wins in the end.