Skip to main content
Topic: Rd. 5 - Pre Game Thread - Blues V Dockers (Read 50246 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd. 5 - Pre Game Thread - Blues V Dockers

Reply #150
In case you people have forgotten, we ARE playing a game this weekend. Somewhere over in WA, I think. Against another team that hasn't won a game yet.
I reckon we are a sneaky chance.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #151
Yep, shut the doors, its clearly what page 5 point states. If we are insolvent as you state, I expect the CEO and the directors to be in handcuffs as its illegal to trade and can result in criminal charges.

Thanks for the legal lesson ;)

Reply #152
In case you people have forgotten, we ARE playing a game this weekend. Somewhere over in WA, I think. Against another team that hasn't won a game yet.

Hear, hear... keep the depressive diatribes to the threads that are related to those issues.

Reply #153
Thanks for the legal lesson ;)
No probs, you might want to pass it onto Trigger and The Judge, they might not be aware.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #154
Jammo in the NB team. Other 2 aren't.  Also Cunningham was down to play for NB today but isn't on the final list.

Reply #155
I reckon we are a sneaky chance.

Same.
Freo are far from their best and nowhere near where they were last year. When we last played them at Domain, they were average. Had we not had no. 13 "chipping" it, too afraid to engage, and 23 realising he was on a footy field (what the hell was that.... Oh Walters just sat on my shoulders and took a screamer), we were close to matching it.
Our best is a certain chance.

Jones hits the scoreboard and Gibbs hits his straps......
Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #158
Yes, but forget about our weak leaders and our forward line, apart from that we are a chance arent we.

Reply #160
Yes, but forget about our weak leaders and our forward line, apart from that we are a chance arent we.

Hey yeah!

Seriously, let's not kid ourselves with we're we are at. Our highest paid players are Murphy, Thomas, Gibbs and Kreuzer. Theirs are Fyfe, Mundy. Ballantyne, Pavlich et al. We will play them right back into form with zero pressure being applied, it will be their season renaissance.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #161
Hey yeah!

Seriously, let's not kid ourselves with we're we are at. Our highest paid players are Murphy, Thomas, Gibbs and Kreuzer. Theirs are Fyfe, Mundy. Ballantyne, Pavlich et al. We will play them right back into form with zero pressure being applied, it will be their season renaissance.
If it isn't, then Freo are royally Screwed. Last year we were good at playing teams back into form; firstly as we played without hope, late in the season because we had not enough fit players to reasonably compete. With the massive changes to the list and the relative inexperience of our side, Freo should POUND us. If they can't, then their 'era' is over and no flag to show for it. That sounds like a good reason for us to cause a 'shock'.
besides, in most of our games this year one bad quarter has been our downfall. If we can eliminate that for a week, then we could surprise a number of sides that disrespect us. I'm not expecting miracles, but there are a lot of inflated egos out there I would like to see deflated.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #162
Freo still have too many guns for us I think.

This is still the team that finished top last year.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #163
We will not beat accountable teams like Freo with our unaccountable senior players. EOS.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #164

... and the whole "playing in Perth" thing.