Skip to main content
Topic: R1 vs Port Adelaide @ Etihad - Pre-Match Postulating (Read 56244 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 vs Port Adelaide @ Etihad - Pre-Match Postulating

Reply #150
I'd be concerned if Cripps wasn't fit enough.

Can't carry guys who can't run out games.

You can if you play them as the sub.

Personally i'd have Cripps in as the sub, rather than Ellard in the team.

Cripps' time will come, he'll be ok with somre more time and pre-seasons.

I don't know his level of fitness. All I heard i the pre-season was how poor his endurance was.

If it's somewhere around Menzels fitness last year he might be ok, any less than that he might struggle.

Not many kids can step up to AFL level fitness in the space of 1 off-season. And by 'not many' i mean like 1%.

Given that Cripps is a tall lad and is bigger than most 18yo kids coming into the game and is an in and under extractor. You'd expect he would suffer in both speed and endurance coming into AFL level. I dont think he is worse off than most coming into the league. Yarran is playing his 6th season this year and still doesn't have AFL level midfield fitness.

Go easy on Cripps. ;)

I swear you don't read whats written.

Who's having a go at him?

I swear you read things with a view to everyone is attacking you.

Just saying how it is. Not saying you have written him off.

You heard that his fitness level was poor. I was suggesting that it is expected.
Where is the fire??

Reply #151
I'm disappointed that neither Rowe or Casboult could force their way into the team, particularly Rowe as he is more versatile than Casboult and could have given us another swingman to use like Henderson.  If neither is good enough to make the team now, I suspect we won't see much of them as the season progresses.

Rowe is about as bad as we've got on the list right now....he's absolutely terrible, if he sets foot in the senior team this year, then that'll be a fair reflection of our depth at that time. Whereas Casboult & Waite cannot play in the same team. Period. When they do, our midfield is obsessed with kicking it (unsuccessfully on most occasions) to Waite & Casboult ends up being totally lost & ineffective, the forward line subsequently becomes a mess....moreso than what it already is.

Ellard or Cripps is a no-brainer for me at this stage......and the correct decision was made.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #152
Brettie the voice or reality yet again.

@DJC to say that Rowe is more versatile than Casboult means that he can suck at both ends of the ground just as badly.

Reply #153
I'd be concerned if Cripps wasn't fit enough.

Can't carry guys who can't run out games.

You can if you play them as the sub.

Personally i'd have Cripps in as the sub, rather than Ellard in the team.

Cripps' time will come, he'll be ok with somre more time and pre-seasons.

I don't know his level of fitness. All I heard i the pre-season was how poor his endurance was.

If it's somewhere around Menzels fitness last year he might be ok, any less than that he might struggle.

Not many kids can step up to AFL level fitness in the space of 1 off-season. And by 'not many' i mean like 1%.

Given that Cripps is a tall lad and is bigger than most 18yo kids coming into the game and is an in and under extractor. You'd expect he would suffer in both speed and endurance coming into AFL level. I dont think he is worse off than most coming into the league. Yarran is playing his 6th season this year and still doesn't have AFL level midfield fitness.

Go easy on Cripps. ;)

I swear you don't read whats written.

Who's having a go at him?

I swear you read things with a view to everyone is attacking you.

Not everyone.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #154
I just hope we win so I can continue to read Nick's Collingwood.

Every game we win and they lose twists the knife.

Most see the issue as Fat Ed's ego as much as Bucks' poor coaching.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #155
Just looked up the TV guide for Sydney and found no coverage of our game - not happy Jan !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #156
Really can't be arsed going tonight....

Too late on a school night  :(

Reply #158
All 3 emergencies not playing in the VFL. Looks like some late changes coming.

Reply #159
Casboult and Rowe are playing in the ressies so you expect that means Henderson is a certain starter tonight.

Reply #160

Did Army play? If not he could be another factor for tonight? He's not listed as injured.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #161

i absolutely agree. for the first time I am contemplating not going. if we win, get hyped and cannot sleep. Dont win, get stressed and hyped and cannot sleep for an intense work week and school week for children

the AFL is eating itself now and Vlad and media should all take a good hard look at themselves..

Reply #162

Did Army play? If not he could be another factor for tonight? He's not listed as injured.

I don't think he can play if he's not listed in the squad/EMGs.

Reply #163
Just looked up the TV guide for Sydney and found no coverage of our game - not happy Jan !!

I just moved to Sydney Sheik. I am also not happy!

Reply #164

i absolutely agree. for the first time I am contemplating not going. if we win, get hyped and cannot sleep. Dont win, get stressed and hyped and cannot sleep for an intense work week and school week for children

the AFL is eating itself now and Vlad and media should all take a good hard look at themselves..

The AFL would've been stupid to schedule the game while the Grand Prix is on. I hate the idea of a split round, though. They should've just had a full round next week.