Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Ninth Beats Ninthmond (Ha Ha Ha Ending) (Read 77626 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Ninth Beats Ninthmond (Ha Ha Ha Ending)

Reply #195
One of the more interesting moments in the game was the half time walk off.  Robertson REALLY gave Bell a serve, something he richly deserved.  Bell didn't like it and rather than accepting the criticism, stupidly responded.

I suspect more was said in the rooms, but Tom needs to shut up, work on his weaknesses and play with far more awareness of what's around him rather than assuming he has the time on his side when looking for downfield options.

Good way to improve a young player is to berate them at half time coming off the field...not.

Robbo needs to get his own house in order and learn the rules...

I didn't see that at the ground but just watched it on the replay.  Judd had a few quiet words with Bell, then Robbo had a chat with him.  I'm no lip reader but the body language suggested that Bell was asking for advice rather than responding to a bake.  I'm sure Judd would have pulled Robbo up if he was berating Bell.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #196
Who had Martin in the 2nd half - superb job?
Saw him running with Gibbs at the start of the 3rd, but not sure if he stayed all 2nd half.
I sat on effin level one last row, like watching the game through a letter box slit FFS. Couldnt follow anything strategy wise. Just drank alot, cheered alot and savoured every moment.

I had the same for the Elim Final 2011. My missus initally had level 2 and had the brilliant idea to email me first and find out if the tickets were good enough. I told her to get the fk back on and book them and don't double check again. So she times out and the seats she got were back row level 1. Worst place to watch the footy, zero atmosphere, awful view.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #197
That's a fair assessment Goat.  Our blokes' hitouts created plenty of opportunities for our midfielders and I guess that was a key factor in the outcome.  However, they both need to do more around the ground; a few contested marks, or even uncontested marks, would be nice.  Of course, Mumford and Pyke don't normally rack up possessions.
Our blokes were world beaters compared to Mumford.  I believe he amassed a total of 3 handballs before he was subbed out in the 3rd quarter.  Pyke had an impact around the ground and took some strong grabs...  didn't notice his tap work tho.
Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...

Reply #198
Saw him running with Gibbs at the start of the 3rd, but not sure if he stayed all 2nd half.
I sat on effin level one last row, like watching the game through a letter box slit FFS. Couldnt follow anything strategy wise. Just drank alot, cheered alot and savoured every moment.

I had the same for the Elim Final 2011. My missus initally had level 2 and had the brilliant idea to email me first and find out if the tickets were good enough. I told her to get the fk back on and book them and don't double check again. So she times out and the seats she got were back row level 1. Worst place to watch the footy, zero atmosphere, awful view.

Has she let you forget it yet? :D
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #199
The day after the negatives come.

McInnes - WTF Simon White the second! Brain fade central, simply can't play against the Swans. The signs were there vs the scum.

Kreuzer - Ruckwork was OK but other than that a witches hat. Watching him try to chase at the ground you could see he was clearly hampered by a leg injury. His man ran off him quite often when he played in the forward line.

Yarran - Timid, bereft of confidence, very disappointing.

Andrew Walker - OK last quarter but gave away some soft frees and 50m Just don't like him at all on the last line of defence. I was calling for him to be traded in the first half! I say move him forward for sure.
Plays half back,not "last line of defence",or were you to pissed to watch the game,think before you post.
Now, it is an accepted strategy by the opposition to drag him deep(for your own edification AW is third in the AFL for rebound/inside 50's), is AW expected to leave an opponent alone on the last line to appease you,pfft?
And further,you can call all you like for players to be traded,or played forward,but mercifully you and your ilk have no say in the matter.

Reply #200
Plays half back,not "last line of defence",or were you to pissed to watch the game,think before you post.
Now, it is an accepted strategy by the opposition to drag him deep(for your own edification AW is third in the AFL for rebound/inside 50's), is AW expected to leave an opponent alone on the last line to appease you,pfft?
And further,you can call all you like for players to be traded,or played forward,but mercifully you and your ilk have no say in the matter.

A: I don't drink.

B: I know he plays half back and the opposition exploit his weakness by dragging him deep.

C: I understand it's not his choice where the coach plays him, my point was meant for the coach obviously. To suggest I want him to leave his man alone inside 50 makes wonder whether you yourself are on the pi55.

D: My call was made in the heat of the moment, obviously I didn't mean it.

E: If you can't handle comments about your son perhaps you're better off not clicking on the forum. Or maybe we should just refrain from making negative comments about Andrew for fear of incurring the wrath of the self proclaimed DOA?

Regardless, he is very very poor defensively and he was undisciplined more than once on the weekend which almost cost us dearly. For a senior player that simply isn't good enough. And yes, I did think before I posted that.

Cheers. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #201

Dn't you mean me? She was one up on me anyway after physically restraining me from leaving the 99' Prelim 5 mins into the last quarter. Actually she's probably 100 up on me after that! :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #202
I'd prefer to have DOA around than not.  He rarely provides us with too much insight, but the times that he does its worth its weight in gold.

I like Andrew, and love it when he is up and about and is playing well, but the game against Richmond yesterday was not one of his best.

Its fair enough for his dad to get defensive, but Walker has had a very good season, and DOA should be proud of him.   Hopefully he is able to tighten up his defensive play a bit, as I dont see why he should get worse when playing closer to the goal square, but thats another story.  I think our backline as a whole failed to keep the match ups to our advantage by allowing Jamo to run up the ground with Riewoldt.  When he goes, we should be switching opponents accordingly, so Jamo is left on Edwards (win for us) and Walker up the ground with Riewoldt can only help us especially if Walker is able to get to the ball first.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #203

Dn't you mean me? She was one up on me anyway after physically restraining me from leaving the 99' Prelim 5 mins into the last quarter. Actually she's probably 100 up on me after that! :P

Ah. I mis read the post.

I thought you meant you told her to go back and get better tickets.

I reckon anywhere in Melb would have been superb yesterday.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #204
Should also be noted that the 50m penalty and Edwards "hand-holding" free 1AW was pinged for were both ridiculous. If they're deemed legit and in the spirit of the game then there would be 200 free kicks every game. 
Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...

Reply #205
Well this didnt take long. I never get tired of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy_w72DuOmc&sns=em
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #206
Loved it!!

The final series are going to be all about the big men, sandilands kreuzer warnock etc, the team with the dominating rucks will go along way.

Loved the advice judd seemed to give bell, shows their working as a team

Cant help but thinking the frees & 50m penalties were somewhat in our gameplan to give them easy goal to stop the momentum and reduce the crowd involvement when a goal was imminent ...... Maybe im a conspiracy theorist

Reply #208
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but one thing that I am unsure how to feel about is Mitch Robinsons reaction after rushing that point through: he said on TV afterward that "I was thinking 'Oh no Im gonna get traded now, my careers over.'" - clearly this has come from MM - who himself said that Robinson is a 'coach tester.'

Robinsons reaction is good in that clearly MM demands perfection, but bad if players are so concerned about their futures after one mistake.

Reply #209
I'd prefer to have DOA around than not.  He rarely provides us with too much insight, but the times that he does its worth its weight in gold.

I like Andrew, and love it when he is up and about and is playing well, but the game against Richmond yesterday was not one of his best.

Its fair enough for his dad to get defensive, but Walker has had a very good season, and DOA should be proud of him.   Hopefully he is able to tighten up his defensive play a bit, as I dont see why he should get worse when playing closer to the goal square, but thats another story.  I think our backline as a whole failed to keep the match ups to our advantage by allowing Jamo to run up the ground with Riewoldt.  When he goes, we should be switching opponents accordingly, so Jamo is left on Edwards (win for us) and Walker up the ground with Riewoldt can only help us especially if Walker is able to get to the ball first.

I tend to agree Thry.  However, I have a feeling that Malthouse knows full well that Walker, Simpson, Yarran, Tuohy, Armfield, Gibbs, etc are not dour defenders and will give away goals.  I think it is more a calculated risk that the run they provide out of the backline will provide more scoring opportunities for us and will tempt the opposition to use more defensive forwards.

I also think that Edwards was a particularly difficult match-up for Tuohy, McInnes and Walker, and Simon White would have been better suited to matching his strength and marking.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball