Skip to main content
Topic: Simpson and that 'beard' (Read 11481 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Simpson and that 'beard'

Reply #15
I'll committ to $50 if we can get 10+ people from the CSC menagerie to donate.
Carrots is in for $20, Ill be in for $50, thats 2.

3 including me.
Surely there's 10 of us... For a very good cause.

I'll do $50 as well don't want to look like the cheapskate.

Thanks P2C  :-[
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #16
I'm a cheapskate.. 20$  :P

We'll probably be calling for it back if he starts off next year with a form slump though

Reply #17
Well done fellas.
I think we can still get a couple of more donations.
Worthwhile charity, these guys do a mountain of good work and are really important to helping the kids with Downs to really get somewhere in life. The earlier that kids with any sort of impairment can get therapy the better it is for them in terms of long term outcomes.

Reply #18
I'm in for $20... how does one donate?

Reply #19
im in for $20 also

Reply #21
I only said the cheapskate thing because I thought I was the only one with $20! So can I switch back to $20 now? :P

But seriously, any amount is better than no amount.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #23
Maybe we should start donating to charities if the team wins games. A cynical disposition I know, but it's a lot easier to grow a beard than perform as a team. Just as it's a lot easier to donate money based on popular sentiment, rather than feel compelled because of your own beliefs.

It was interesting to read the comments section from the GA recently regarding a concert at Simmonds Stadium for Casey Tutungi.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2013/08/22/371330_news.html

I have no problem with anyone supporting a charity, but I become squeamish when there seems to be a need for recognition by donors or there is an obvious bias based on public profile of the receiver.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #24
Great work.
Here is a link...

http://www.downsyndromevictoria.org.au/DSAV/Portal/Fundraising/Kade_Simpson/GiveNowPage.aspx

Okay, so we're just doing individual donations rather than a CSC one then?

I think it would be easier if everyone does their own rather than having to pass money around to each other. We can then post our receipt number or something.
I am not sure if there is somewhere on the donation page where we can put CSC in as a moniker.

Reply #25
The Beard should stay,
he has been an absolute kamikaze since he got the bead
and a complete hero!

I am preparing a list of 21 other carlton players who should grow beards!

Reply #27
Nice work Simmo!

You have to admire Simmo and a lot of the other young men who give their all in our great game, then go that extra yard for people that need a bit of a leg up!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #28
Nice work Simmo!

You have to admire Simmo and a lot of the other young men who give their all in our great game, then go that extra yard for people that need a bit of a leg up!

Some people are just like that and true gentlemen.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #29
Nice work Simmo!

Some people are just like that and true gentlemen.

Dare I say it... But Captain material. :)
2024... Moir of the same to come