Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 6: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 22363 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 6: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #105
I don’t. I hope we never win again and that the Club as a going concern is wound up sooner rather than later. Then I can get on with my life and find something useful to do which might benefit my sanity and society.
Is that serious or taking the p!ss?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #106
So sick of our deplorable skills.

Can’t kick, can’t handball. Couple of players can mark ok. Not bl00dy acceptable. WB won a premiership on the back of slick handball WHICH THEY OBVIOUSLY PRACTICED.

FMD, can we go back to dragging a player from the field if he misses a target or doesn’t stick a tackle or whatever? Drag them from the frikkin’ field and give them a bake over the phone. Screw this new age approach where we don’t want to dent their confidence or hurt their feelings. What about OUR feelings?

The way I see it, we have 3 players at an acceptable professional AFL standard. The rest are frauds.

IVAN for Prime Minister
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #107
It has been a long long period of woe for CFC fans without a doubt and I understand the frustration. However, the way I see it, the reset of three years ago was the response of the club to those years of failure.  A new direction was decided and it will be a long journey. We need to let that reset run its course before we get too uppity about it imo. Personally I'm hoping to see a bit of light getting through by the end of this season and the upward trajectory  becoming much more visible next year. If those things are not happening by then I would be getting very concerned about our future and appropriate actions by the club would be justly expected.

But Cookie... it has always been NEXT YEAR... it NEVER comes  ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #108
It has been a long long period of woe for CFC fans without a doubt and I understand the frustration. However, the way I see it, the reset of three years ago was the response of the club to those years of failure.  A new direction was decided and it will be a long journey. We need to let that reset run its course before we get too uppity about it imo. Personally I'm hoping to see a bit of light getting through by the end of this season and the upward trajectory  becoming much more visible next year. If those things are not happening by then I would be getting very concerned about our future and appropriate actions by the club would be justly expected.

I'm in. Rome wasn't built in a day  ;)

I've seen enough from the youngsters we've drafted to see our core will be strong in a year or two.
Samo, Fish, Cunningham, CC, H, Weiters, Willo, Pickett, Dow, O'Brien, Marchy....
Add in the A graders and leaders like Doc and Crippa, and you've got a core group of very good players.
There's a few others who may come along too - only time will tell.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #109
I think of what a Barassi would have thought of some of our recent efforts and the punishment he would have dealt out in subsequent training sessions.
Ah yes, Barassi’s mantra: “That practice makes perfect is bullcrap. Only perfect practice makes perfect.”
Apparently our skills at training are clean and crisp (as reported by someone from this forum who attends occasionally).
So what happens come match day? Makes me think the players are more concerned about adhering to the process and suffering from ‘analysis paralysis’.
Maybe BB should flip his world view. Instead of trying to impose his game plan on an impressionable group, let them all off the leash and see what ensues from the chaos.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #110
Old mate David Rhys-Jones hit a few btw he eyes on the way out with this post on a FB page. Love the passion Ol Boy

I used to think this page was for true blue Carlton supporters, not a bunch of whingers. None of you have played a game or have any real knowledge of the sacrifices and dedication made by a lot of good people, but are self appointed experts. After the last couple of weeks of bitching and moaning, I am happily going to unfollow this thread. Look up the meaning of supporter some of you fickle keyboard warriors. I’m sure in a couple of years when we have 50+ games into these kids and start climbing up the ladder, you so called experts will be claiming some sort of justification of knowing it would happen. I will continue to SUPPORT the club, it’s players, coaches and administration, not take the easy way out and throwing insults and derogatory comments at good people who are doing there best to get this club it’s 17th premiership. See ya

This attitude pisses me off.

This apathy towards supporters expecting us not to get annoyed when we've been lied to (again) is atrocious.

No wonder our fans have stopped caring about the club and no wonder we are struggling for fifty thousand members (again).

Shut up,  take watching this crap lack of composure and lack of effort on a weekly basis and blindly support the club with your membership.

Bloody bullcrap.

>:(
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #111
But Cookie... it has always been NEXT YEAR... it NEVER comes  ::)

When was the last time we went through a reset of this magnitude BP? - certainly not in my living memory. Previously we've either bought ourselves out of strife or tried to buy ourselves out and failed. I think this time is different, no shortcuts - still no guarantees of ultimate success of course. I'm prepared to ride along for now though.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #112
When was the last time we went through a reset of this magnitude BP? - certainly not in my living memory. Previously we've either bought ourselves out of strife or tried to buy ourselves out and failed. I think this time is different, no shortcuts - still no guarantees of ultimate success of course. I'm prepared to ride along for now though.

You can watch this Cookie, its along the same lines as being a Carlton supporter, its all about the wait..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wifcyo64n-w

Reply #113

Sellers McLure remarked today that we have never attempted a re-build or believed in re-builds prior to this one.  I can’t really comment on the first 100 years but this my first experience of our club seriously attempting to build a future around sustained success.

Will it work?  Who knows, but it would be a disaster if we didn’t stay the course.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #114
You can watch this Cookie, its along the same lines as being a Carlton supporter, its all about the wait..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wifcyo64n-w

Well of course Godot never comes. But we've waited for a few messiahs who never came and entertained a few false prophets before this reset started didn't we?

If this reset doesn't work could it be a case of ? -
"And when the thousand years are finished, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, and shall come forth to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to the war: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up over the breadth of the earth, and ..."
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #115
I respect his position but I would challenge the fact that because we may not have played the game our support and emotional investment in the club and team is any less than his or any other player.

We come to our positions from different backgrounds.
Some of us were born Blue.
Unlike many players it's the only club we've ever known
And having followed the side we're pretty aware of the sacrifices and dedication the players make.
But at the same time were also aware that the players and coaching staff are well compensated financially for those sacrifices....paid for in part by the very supporters being questioned.

I won't have anyone telling me the kind of supporter I should be.
You can command my respect through your deeds and performance, as DRJ did...but you cant demand my respect.

Folks being questioned are passionate for a reason...it's because they love the club and want it to be successful.
Simple as that!

Agree almost to a word.

Reply #116
Well of course Godot never comes. But we've waited for a few messiahs who never came and entertained a few false prophets before this reset started didn't we?

If this reset doesn't work could it be a case of ? -
"And when the thousand years are finished, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, and shall come forth to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to the war: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up over the breadth of the earth, and ..."

We need a little bit of devil in our play >:D...1000 years.....already feels like that

Reply #117
This apathy towards supporters expecting us not to get annoyed when we've been lied to (again) is atrocious.

No wonder our fans have stopped caring about the club and no wonder we are struggling for fifty thousand members (again).

Agree. Not sure what some people expect around here.
13 consecutive losses and 37 rounds < 100 points scored and we should only accept contributions like...

“Bad luck Blue Boys, better luck next time.”
“Hang in there, we need to stick phat.”
“Saw some positive signs today.”
etc., etc., ...

Apart from making this the world’s most boring forum i’d like to think we’re all mature enough to accept differing viewpoints without getting too precious.

Those who think we’re being disloyal/impatient need to understand the sustained success we experienced from 1968 to 1995 was forged from the now famous comment from George Harris who turned to one of his cohort during a game in 1965 and uttered something like, “This is crap and i’m not putting up with it anymore. We need to do something.”

The premiership in ‘68 broke our previously longest drought - 21 years. It’s now been 23. This time around, the club is “doing something” - it’s rebuilding. We all know what that means (basically, be patient) but does anyone really know what it looks like?

If we win the flag in 2020, both camps - the so called loyal supporters  ::) and the rest of us wil all hold hands and sing ‘Kumbuya’ together. If we win in 2030 the loyalists will say “I told you so” but those of us who were there in ‘68 (Olympic stand, 2nd tier) won’t be around to hear it.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #118
Agree. Not sure what some people expect around here.
13 consecutive losses and 37 rounds < 100 points scored and we should only accept contributions like...

“Bad luck Blue Boys, better luck next time.”
“Hang in there, we need to stick phat.”
“Saw some positive signs today.”
etc., etc., ...

We need some new assistant coaches.
What about these two.

[flash=400,400]https://www.youtube.com/v/4zPbgRZPH8U[/flash]

[flash=400,400]https://www.youtube.com/v/ZmlVMnLZhRM[/flash]

Reply #119
Or abit of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqj6VItiw7k