Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 World Cup. (Read 75125 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2014 World Cup.

Reply #75
Loving the series so far, but the lack of sleep is killing me. I've hardly slept since it started. My whole routine is knackered. I'm surviving on espresso and TV.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #76
Germany vs Portugal coming up.....or it should be Germany vs Ronaldo, be a great game this one and the powerful German team would need to be wary of
the brilliance of Ronaldo and not think they can just roll up and win...
Klose for the Germans keeps on keeping on and has been an amazing WC player...much like Tim Cahill.

Reply #77
Klose looking to break the all time WC scoring record!

Watch out for Portugal they are very strong defensively and far from a one man show!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #78
:))

That went well!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #80
Clint Dempsey scores one of the fastest goals ever for the US, 32 seconds!!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #82
I used to love the Germans, followed them in every competition, had tremendous respect. Then Angela Merkel bent Greece's economy over and I've hated them ever since. I look forward to them looking like World beaters and then dropping out in the semis. :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #83
Klose looking to break the all time WC scoring record!

Watch out for Portugal they are very strong defensively and far from a one man show!

Germans are very good and were too polished for Portugal but have the stigma of falling over in the semis and I dont think a euro team has ever won the WC on South American soil.

Reply #84
I used to love the Germans, followed them in every competition, had tremendous respect. Then Angela Merkel bent Greece's economy over and I've hated them ever since. I look forward to them looking like World beaters and then dropping out in the semis. :))

Amen!!

Reply #85
[/quote

Hah.  ;D

That's one version of the truth. The other is that Greece is a basket case and deserved to be slammed. Lazy buggers and a corrupt government who cooked the books to convince Europe it was a fiscal good boy to get into the club. Great mix. Zero sympathy. The Irish didn't like it either but are stoic enough to shut up and get on with it instead of marching in the streets every week. Still dodgy politicians mind you...but they are everywhere.
Keep the Faith

Reply #86
The funny thing Shadesy, is that game against Italy is probably some of the better football that England have played at a major tournament for years.

Agree 100%, because they played the younger players, something us Greeks should look at. ;)

@Dom

We didn't embarrass ourselves IMO, we played a decent game but things didn't go our way. I'm confident we can get back on track against the Japanesi.

Sorry Carrots, but the Greek youngsters are babies.  23 year old Fetfatzidis still looks like he would struggle to run out 90 mins.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #87
But blokes like Athanasiadis, Lazaros and Samaris? Anyway, more youth should have been introduced to the line up a long time ago.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #88
Dutch Vs Aussies tomorrow morning.  Will probably wake to witness the smashing.

Dutch 4 - Aussies Nil

Reply #89
Yeah, cant see me staying up to watch it...

Watched Germany Portugal last night (recorded) though, glorious headbutt from the Portugese backman, hilarity ensued for a red card.