Skip to main content
Topic: Round 5 preview Carlton v Collingwood  (Read 50582 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 5 preview Carlton v Collingwood

Reply #75
My tip would be:

IN: Judd, Menzel, Jaksch, Watson

OUT: Armfield, Ellard, Dick, Casboult

I agree with a few others, I think Watson deserves a run in the Seniors. I think Jones is offering slightly more than Casboult right now, but only just. Last senior game Watson kicked 4 against the Bombers. This is his last year of his contract, let's see what he's got as a forward in the 1's before it's too late. Give him 4-5 games minimum in a row to show his worth. He can't possibly stink it up as much as Casboult has been.

Hard to see Armfield getting dropped, he has played pretty well.

Buckley may struggle to retain a spot though!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #76
For Watson to play we have to drop Jones... we simply can't play both.

That works for me, Jones is a waste of space.
If all the stars align we could pinch a win but it's highly unlikely.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #77
Cant believe people want Caz dropped.
His kicking is worse than ever but his presence creats so many scoring opportunities for every1 else around him. Dropping Caz would be a massive mistake IMO.

Menzel in ????? Whats he done for us lately? Why is he an automatic in for us???

For mine Judd and Jacksh (if fit) come in for Ellard and................I dunno but not Caz >:( ;)
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #78
I'd stick with Jones & Casboult.

Happy to persist with Jones, and we need Casboult for ruck relief.

As a forward, Watson is on "L" plates. Nothing wrong with letting him build up several weeks of form in the 2nds. 

Reply #79
Casboult must stay as he provides the relief ruck option, and an ok one at that. Without him, we would need to turn to Rowe to provide a second ruck option, which is very disruptive to the backline. As we have seen already this season, moving a key defender forward or into the ruck is disruptive and causes as many problems as it solves.

Watson will just have keep working hard in the seconds and he will get his chance.

Big test this week and will show where some of our players are really at against better opposition. Jones has improved each game so far, and many of the issues forward are the result of them getting in each other's way more than a lack of effort. He is a limited player certainly, but he is still quite young and has not played heaps of footy.

Reply #80
My tip would be:

I agree with a few others, I think Watson deserves a run in the Seniors. I think Jones is offering slightly more than Casboult right now, but only just. Last senior game Watson kicked 4 against the Bombers. This is his last year of his contract, let's see what he's got as a forward in the 1's before it's too late. Give him 4-5 games minimum in a row to show his worth. He can't possibly stink it up as much as Casboult has been.

Hmmm!

Ellard and Armfield, the latter in particular, were among our better players last week and Watson couldn't match Casboult's work in the ruck and around the ground.  Dick didn't get much of a run but he'll get more opportunities as the season progresses.

I'm not convinced that Jones will make it as a key forward and I had Watson ahead of him before the season.  However, Jones has shown glimpses and Watson has dominated in the NBs (which is what I would expect from a bloke desperate to play AFL); Jones gets another week and Watson has to work harder.

My ins would be Judd, Jaksch and possibly Menzel but deciding on the outs is a little difficult, and that's a good thing.  Depending on match ups, perhaps Dick, Jamison and Carrazzo?

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #81
Apparently Kreuz set for a run in the NBs this week.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #82
My tip would be:

I think you have to be careful with your outs.

You are dropping 2 blokes who are team first go-getters in Army and Ellard. Dick takes a leaf out of their book, but isn't up to it yet.
Then you drop Casboult who is one of the few big blokes who can throw their weight around which is required against a side like the pies.
Who plays 2nd ruck? Rowe from CHB? With maybe Jaksch or an injured Jammo playing on Cloke? We can drop Casboult when we get Kreuzer back.

I agree with bringing in Judd and Menzel if he's fit.
I'd like to bring in Jaksch too....maybe for Jammo if he's not right?
Watson...no spot for him with Jaksch back.

Personally i'd drop Curnow for Judd
Ellard for Menzel (if fit)
Dick for Jaksch

Reply #83
Apparently Kreuz set for a run in the NBs this week.
I am going to just pray to God almighty that he makes it through uninjured and he can get back on the park for us. This poor bastards luck just has to turn.

Reply #84
You are dropping 2 blokes who are team first go-getters in Army and Ellard. Dick takes a leaf out of their book, but isn't up to it yet.
Then you drop Casboult who is one of the few big blokes who can throw their weight around which is required against a side like the pies.
Who plays 2nd ruck? Rowe from CHB? With maybe Jaksch or an injured Jammo playing on Cloke? We can drop Casboult when we get Kreuzer back.

I agree with bringing in Judd and Menzel if he's fit.
I'd like to bring in Jaksch too....maybe for Jammo if he's not right?
Watson...no spot for him with Jaksch back.

Personally i'd drop Curnow for Judd
Ellard for Menzel (if fit)
Dick for Jaksch

I think Menzel should plays NBs - make him realise he's not a walk up start and his form this year has been poor - he reeks of picking up Gibbs' attitude (and pony tail).

Think we need Curnow. He shut Stevens right down.

Jamo - sure doing nothing down back so let hm have some rest

Dick an obvious out - so him, Jamo and if a third out is needed i guess Ellard goes before Armfield whose speed appears to be back.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #85
I think Menzel should plays NBs - make him realise he's not a walk up start and his form this year has been poor - he reeks of picking up Gibbs' attitude (and pony tail).

I agree about this, especially with younger players regardless of talent.

Scotland's(In the Past), Judd's and Simmo's get to stroll back in to the 1s, but kids must earn their place so they value it!

We have very few "certainties" on our list!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #86
I am going to just pray to God almighty that he makes it through uninjured and he can get back on the park for us. This poor bastards luck just has to turn.

I still believe a fit/firing Kreuzer is the key difference between CFC being a bottom 6 team and a top 6 team.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #87
I still believe a fit/firing Kreuzer is the key difference between CFC being a bottom 6 team and a top 6 team.

Agreed, he and Cripps side by side on the ball and the whole team will stand taller! (No Pun Intended)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #89

x10!!!

I couldn't agree more. This guy can seriously play when his body allows him to.  He has massive heart and leaves nothing on the park.

We don't have that much to be excited about these days yet this guy makes gives me hope being a blue.

I know he hasn't lived up to his potential but its not without him giving his all.  Just needs some luck and we will see how good he is.

Not much loyalty left in the AFL but this is one player that deserves something back. I don't forget it being reported before his last contract was up that he won't play for another club and will only sign a contract from us.

I don't forget that and hope the club doesn't either.

His a keeper IMO even if injuries still hold him back some further time.