Skip to main content
Topic: Round 5 preview Carlton v Collingwood  (Read 50581 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 5 preview Carlton v Collingwood

Reply #135
Macca was saying that putting Levi back to the NBs is purely designed to help him rebuild his confidence. I think that's a good move as long as he can dominate and start snagging some goals. As soon as that happens he'll be back in the seniors.

I guess Rowe will need to be used as second ruck which I'm not so keen on but we'll have to see how the talls are used, esp with the return of Jaksch.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #136
Well that's deadest idiocy.  If his form warrants dropping him, drop him.  Shouldn't have pumped up his tyres over the summer, most of us can see through the hype.

Are you sure of that ?
Have a read of our various stalkbook pages and see if you'd like to rephrase the above :/
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #137
Where's Watto :(

Reply #138
Where's Watto :(

Probably giving Jones a block of games to show his thing which I don't mind, I don't get why they pick and choose who gets 6 games and who gets a quarter as sub and gets banished again

Reply #139
I am worried about the hype behind tonight's game. We have a very poor record in milestone games of late. I HOPE we can win, but I ALWAYS want to pound the Meat Pies.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #140
I got a feeling....

Reply #143
Honestly, I think we look better than them on paper and given there's a bit of a question mark around Swan's fitness it all sounds like there's an upset brewing. BUT given the last 15 years or so of disappointments I'm tipping they'll spank us and another milestone game will be remembered for all the WRONG reasons.
 :(

Reply #144
No Casboult...No Carlton   :(

We need a big bodied person to be second ruck and be a presence around the ground.

Would love to be proved wrong, but the last time we went in without him we just didn't look right.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #145

We need a big bodied person to be second ruck and be a presence around the ground.

Would love to be proved wrong, but the last time we went in without him we just didn't look right.
Last time without him, we started like a house on fire, jumped them them, then all 22 went home to bed at qtr time.

Reply #146
Last time without him, we started like a house on fire, jumped them them, then all 22 went home to bed at qtr time.

I think he will play.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #147
As pointed out by emtwenty on TC, tonight we get to see Pick 7 play.

All three of them. Boek, KJ and Whiley.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #149

Surely ample talls on the park - Hendo, Wood, Jaksch, Rowe, Jones, Jamo.....

i think playing 3 talls in the forward line is a liability (luxury?) we can't afford with (until last week) none of them playing remotely decent footy. Not to mention shocking kicking at goal.
Finals, then 4 in a row!