Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 23: Post Game Party? Blues come home in the last! (Read 69498 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 23: Post Game Party? Blues come home in the last!

Reply #165
Don't think Bell will be traded - he's definitely part of our future IMO. Same for Curnow who is developing very well IMO, contrary to my own expectations I might add.  :-[

Bell has a deal to be upgraded...Essendon offered last year but we wanted to keep him as a rookie so we had to do a deal where we would upgrade him the next year.

Good! Thanks EB1 for that info.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #166
Our 4th qtr was simply amazing, and shows me that we do have something to work with, but we must work on our consistency to be a better side.

Agree this list is not that bad.

I have always said that our list is not the (major) problem, it's our lack of player development.
Hopefully MM can bring in some good coaches to change that a bit. ;)
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #167
Anyone see micks post match press conference?

Interesting reactions.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #168

Interesting reactions.

I did. He was pretty hard on Kreuzer. He wasn't soft on Levi either. Saying the kicking issues are hard to fix at this age. Some of the kicking issues being the technique and drop of the ball, and sometimes being all between the ears. He appeared very happy with Murphy and his turn around.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #169

Interesting reactions.

I did. He was pretty hard on Kreuzer. He wasn't soft on Levi either. Saying the kicking issues are hard to fix at this age. Some of the kicking issues being the technique and drop of the ball, and sometimes being all between the ears. He appeared very happy with Murphy and his turn around.

Hole he doesn't give up on Casboult .

Latest research shows that most technique deficiencies can be overcome with good teachers teaching the RIGHT WAY.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #170

Interesting reactions.

Hole he doesn't give up on Casboult .

Latest research shows that most technique deficiencies can be overcome with good teachers teaching the RIGHT WAY.

He basically stated they would address this issue over seasons end and see if it is technique or a lack of self belief. I would be doing everything possible, because this kid could be an absolute super star.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #171
Just watched the last half again.  Curnow has to be our most improved player this year.  Shuts down AND gets his own ball.  Very important to us.

Reply #172
Casboult has a lousy ball drop...too much air time between when it drops and the ball hits the boot......Stewart Lowe is about the only player I know who was a rubbish kick and became reasonable after lots of practice.. Earl Spalding was always awkward and a ordinary kick until the premiership year when he still looked awkward but seemed to kick goals.

Casboults kicking also lacks touch, he over kicks the ball even when kicking short...he needs a vatican approved exorcism of the kicking demon....

Reply #173
Casboult has a lousy ball drop...too much air time between when it drops and the ball hits the boot......Stewart Lowe is about the only player I know who was a rubbish kick and became reasonable after lots of practice.. Earl Spalding was always awkward and a ordinary kick until the premiership year when he still looked awkward but seemed to kick goals.

Casboults kicking also lacks touch, he over kicks the ball even when kicking short...he needs a vatican improved exorcism of the kicking demon....

I hope it can, but I won't hold my breath waiting, MM might be too old to want to wait that long!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #174
Just watched the last half again.  Curnow has to be our most improved player this year.  Shuts down AND gets his own ball.  Very important to us.

Hmm I agree he's important but Ebert did kick 4 goals on him in the first 3 quarters and really hurt us. I'll be backing Ed to get the job done on Cotchin again this week.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #175

Casboults kicking also lacks touch, he over kicks the ball even when kicking short...he needs a vatican approved exorcism of the kicking demon....

As I was composing a reply to this in my head I had to stop due to laughing out loud in front of work colleagues... All I got was:

"They showed Casboult's ball drop in slow motion during the game on Saturday..."  ;D
I know, small things, but I am on the tail end of my 13 hour night shift.

Reply #176
You are dead right. Levi has to work on technique, and no gold star will be given to Carlton Forwards coach for neglecting Levi.

Hey, about Davey Ellard.  His stats were not impressive, except for the 7 tackles, one behind Matthew Kreuzer and one ahead of Ed Curnow who is a known one-percenter.

Typical Ellard and it shows why Kreuzer is so magnificient - as you don't expect a big fella to accumulate these stats!

Reply #177
Kreuzer had 2 kicks and one handball. Nowhere near good enough for four quarters.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #178
I am putting the acid on defence Coach Gavin Brown:

There were 2 snap shot forward pocket goals by the Port Forwards but no Carlton defender blocked the Half Forward / forward pocket space to prevent them running off the mark at right angles....

BASIC ERROR AND LAZY FOOTBALL.......

Reply #179
GOLD! (pardon the pun)  ;D
Awesome job. From the navy blue get-up, to Hird, Jab & Bummer T left in his wake.  My new wallpaper  O0

Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...