Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Elimination Final 1 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney  (Read 10547 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Elimination Final 1 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #75
@PaulP‍ and @Gointocarlton‍ I agree 100%, the Swans are no push over, Blakey and McCartin match up well with Charlie and Harry, Parker and Mills are heavy bodies who do some damage to our midfield ranking on a regular basis. Blakey looks Tilt like but gets the job done.

Add to that, Hickey is playing perhaps the best footy of his career, not surprising given the coaches own credentials.

No team has a certain match up for Heeney.

We will need our mediums and smalls to stand up, but it's not going to be light work.  The best way to deal with Gulden and Papley is to make sure they don't get much of the footy.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #76
I think also they would have been pretty embarrassed by their capitulation in last year's GF, and will be looking to regain some respect and self belief. They will give 100% for 4 quarters. In its own way, a massive game for both clubs.

Reply #77
@PaulP‍ and @Gointocarlton‍ I agree 100%, the Swans are no push over, Blakey and McCartin match up well with Charlie and Harry, Parker and Mills are heavy bodies who do some damage to our midfield ranking on a regular basis. Blakey looks Tilt like but gets the job done.

Add to that, Hickey is playing perhaps the best footy of his career, not surprising given the coaches own credentials.

No team has a certain match up for Heeney.

We will need our mediums and smalls to stand up, but it's not going to be light work.  The best way to deal with Gulden and Papley is to make sure they don't get much of the footy.
Hickey was beaten by Gawn last week, and flogged by Obrien and Witts in the preceding weeks if thats the best footy of his career then we can probably rest easy.
Blakey and McCartin dont match up well against Charlie and Harry at all imho.....both are undersized and given its at the MCG on a bigger ground wont be getting much help from their teammates.
Id play Newman on Heeney......he might be due like Rohan was for Geelong last season but he has been very ordinary in his previous finals series. I just cant see us losing to the Swans unless they get lucky like they did vs Adelaide and have the goal umpires working for them, the karma bus should dictate they lose after lucking their way in.

Reply #78
With the online ticketing agents being shambolic with big events, I have been told and read online that rejecting is fraught with danger, I would have taken seats in the toilet if that was they offered.
This is basically what I did! We’re up the top Q55! Took me 35 mins to get through and I had my phone going and my work computer and phone got through first! I was too afraid to reject them!!

Reply #79
Swans have played at the G three times this year for 3 losses, kicking only 84,  48 and 75 points. I think they are spooked at the G!!

Reply #80
This is basically what I did! We’re up the top Q55! Took me 35 mins to get through and I had my phone going and my work computer and phone got through first! I was too afraid to reject them!!
Can I ask what type of membership you have MIck?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #81
I continue to be confident in this team and have what it takes to take the big moments when they matter.

This is a strong squad with some very tough hombre's built for September.

If we don't win the Premiership this year I consider that as a failure and so should the club.

Reply #82
I continue to be confident in this team and have what it takes to take the big moments when they matter.

I have to laugh.

10 weeks ago...or probably even 7, there wouldn't be a person alive who would've said that.

Reply #83
With the online ticketing agents being shambolic with big events, I have been told and read online that rejecting is fraught with danger, I would have taken seats in the toilet if that was they offered.
I soon learnt that cancelling does delay things but just repeatedly pressing 'change' after the suggested seats does give you more options if you persist, though you do only have 6 minutes to make up your mind. When the time expired it was back to start all over again, which I did a few times.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #84
I have to laugh.

10 weeks ago...or probably even 7, there wouldn't be a person alive who would've said that.

Nothing more certain in life than change. Though it would seem we actually didn't change much in terms of game plan, just got way better at it once team discipline and leadership stepped up (changed! And it had to). Now to bring that hunting mentality and ruthless persistence to Friday week.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #85
Can I ask what type of membership you have MIck?
Home games only level 2 carltonian I think it’s called - so no reserved seat but seating on level 2 but between 3-5 bays behind the goals.

Reply #86
I have to laugh.

I think the club and supporters were fully aware that 8 game slump was unacceptable.

Reply #87

This is a strong squad with some very tough hombre's built for September.

If we don't win the Premiership this year I consider that as a failure and so should the club.

Wow, big call. Are you sure you haven't been on your namesake!

Reply #88
Wow, big call. Are you sure you haven't been on your namesake!

Carlton v Melbourne Grand Final.
Brisbane at the Gabba and Melbourne are the only two fixtures I find iffy and this team is more than good enough to get even better.

Reply #89
Home games only level 2 carltonian I think it’s called - so no reserved seat but seating on level 2 but between 3-5 bays behind the goals.

I'm wondering if the higher the membership level the higher the priority in the queue? I have Legends Lounge with reserved seats, costs me a bomb but I was served reasonable quickly. Interestingly my mates with 3 game GA memberships (which were upgraded to 9 Home Game GAs) were in the queue for ages (45min to an hour) and logged on the same time as me. The fact the AFL have seat categories also leads me to think this. Could be wrong...
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time