Skip to main content
Topic: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG (Read 8691 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #165
and for anyone who wants Melbourne bias just watch channel 7.
I suspect Nathan Jones will be back this Friday night as well, his suburban side lost in last weeks finals.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #166
I suspect Nathan Jones will be back this Friday night as well, his suburban side lost in last weeks finals.

Brayshaw last week trying to make out that Sydney were getting screwed by the arc was ridiculous. He wanted the Acres touch overruled, fortunately Hodge was strong enough to not go along without that tripe.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #167
Looks like we are going small into this game that means long bombs are out of question.

Super concerned Charlie is going to get zoned and double teamed and bring in an additional mid-sized defender for Kennedy.

Could potentially open up our midfield and have +1 in there if they double tag Charlie and bring one extra for Kennedy.

This is going to be a fascinating game to watch.

Reply #168
Brayshaw last week trying to make out that Sydney were getting screwed by the arc was ridiculous. He wanted the Acres touch overruled, fortunately Hodge was strong enough to not go along without that tripe.
Hodge is not a media professional, he doesn't care about ratings and he probably get's his cheque regardless of performance.

Brayshaw, BT and others need ratings, they get cheques based on media coverage, which is why the beat up the bulls1t so much!

Even so I prefer Brayshaw to others, but he was a bit spineless in the circumstance surrounding his nephew.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #169
Looks like we are going small into this game that means long bombs are out of question.
If we do go small our pressure and tackling will be key, if we go small and camp inside F50 looking for crumbs we will lose, if they get up the field and exert pressure on the Melbourne defence and Mids we are a goo chance to win.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #170
If we do go small our pressure and tackling will be key, if we go small and camp inside F50 looking for crumbs we will lose, if they get up the field and exert pressure on the Melbourne defence and Mids we are a goo chance to win.

So, we'll be looking at the chaos ball going forward.

Reply #171
ARC called touched so Brayshaw and co can GAGFed.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #172
One thing for sure Motlop won't be sub, not sure what we really expected a low possession small forward to do in one quarter when the ball is up the other end?

The sub needs to be a midfielder or ideally a utility that can play anywhere like a Setterfield.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #173
ARC called touched so Brayshaw and co can GAGFed.

Umpire called touched, the ARC showed it was touched and he was still crapping on. Think he actually called it dodgy but I need to rewatch that.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #174
Jack not playing because lack of match fitness but Kennedy to be picked...? When did Kennedy last play?

Reply #175
Jack not playing because lack of match fitness but Kennedy to be picked...? When did Kennedy last play?

Jack re-injured his knee so he wouldn't have trained as much as Kennedy.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #177
So, we'll be looking at the chaos ball going forward.
@laj more goals from forced turnovers I expect Kemp, Marchbank, McGovern and Weiters to be in intercept overload. Some wrap around run from Doc, Saad and Newman and we should be sending the hot footy back in before the Dees can reset.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #178
1962 we did.
Glad to wrong on that score.
I heard Gary Lyon say that before a final Between Carlton & Melbourne quite a few years ago.

Reply #179
Umpire called touched, the ARC showed it was touched and he was still crapping on. Think he actually called it dodgy but I need to rewatch that.
Like I said mate, he can GAGFed, he's an imbecile.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time