Re: JK's Hall of Fame.
Reply #2 –
1. - Mohammed Ali - Casius Clay. Best boxer ever.
2. - Sir Donald Bradman. Best batsman in test cricket by a mile.
3. - Michael Jordan. Best basketball player, ever.
4. - Michael Schumacher. Best F1 driver ever. Sorry Sena just missed out.
5. - Peter Brock. Best race car driver ever, especially Bathurst 1000.
6. - Leigh Matthews. Best AFL/VFL footballer ever. Sorry Ablett Snr and Jnr.
7. - Black Caviar. Best race horse by record stats. Sorry Farlap, just missed out.
8. - Tiger Woods. Best golfer I have ever seen when on fire.
9. - Michael Doohan. Best motor cycle 500cc racer I have ever seen.
10. - Michael Phelps. Best swimmer I have ever watched. No swimmer will match his medal tally ever.
Close misses because the list isn't top 20. Randy Couture (MMA/UFC), Shane Warne (Bowler), Husain Bolt (100m/200m/4 x 100m relay sprinter T&F), Gary Ablett Snr (AFL/VFL footballer), Jarvier Gomez (Triathlete), Sena (F1 race car driver), Sachin Tendulkar (Cricketer), Martina Navratilova (Tennis player), Sugar Ray Leonard (Boxer), Carl Lewis (100m/200m/Long jump/4 x 100m relay T & F), and Roger Federer (Tennis player). The order of the out of the top ten are in random order. Roger probably the best of this field. Just appears to have faded for too long and should have quit while he was at the top of his game.
These guys and gal that I have selected have shown more guts and determination to be the best and have had some of the toughest contests. Either this or they were completely dominant in their sport for quite some time. Producing outstanding results and not in only a few contests. Just my opinion anyway.