Skip to main content
Topic: OPINION : Our Next Premiership - Without Judd & Co ?? (Read 36676 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: OPINION : Our Next Premiership - Without Judd & Co ??

Reply #75
The biggest fk up was giving a player we already had in Kennedy instead of giving the Eagles the #1 pick Kreuzer. Obviously hindsight is a wonderful thing but at the same time our moronic recruiters had Kreuzer as the next big thing, an athletic freak. I always scratched my head at the comments after we got him when our recruiters actually said that Nic Nat was the next big thing and would have easily been taken before Kreuzer had he been available. So Kreuzer was in fact not the next big thing at all.

x2.

Carrots my thoughts exactly. Everyone makes its a Judd v Kennedy debate when it really always was a Kreuzer v Kennedy debate. I love Kreuzer as much as anyone, but that decision was a big stuff up. It really is hurting us now, a good spine was always more important than a potential superstar ruckman. The premiers over the last few years are examples of this, you just need a good enough ruckman to do the job. We are all experts in hindsight but our recruiters are really something.

Reply #76
Don't really want to open up this old chestnut again but there are two key ways to look at this - for and against.

1. We would have been better off giving the Eagles the #1 pick and keeping JK. A pick was always a gamble, as we had not seen the player i.e. Kreuz play under AFL conditions.
or
2. Kennedy, although OK with us, had not set the world on fire up to that point. We also still had Fev. Admittedly JK was under his shadow, but we weren't prepared to tell Fev to pull his head in a bit and give JK the chance blossom. (Probably thought we could win the flag with Fev and Judd  ::) ).

In reality, Kreuz still has much of his career ahead of him and still has time to really come good so I'll keep my powder dry for the time being.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #77
Jamison
Henderson
Kennedy
Waite

That's pretty imposing. Hard to see where MK would provide more value unless he completely dominates the ruck

Reply #78
Jamison
Henderson
Kennedy
Waite

That's pretty imposing. Hard to see where MK would provide more value unless he completely dominates the ruck

Hopefully MM will have a few more ideas?

Reply #79
Jamison
Henderson
Kennedy
Waite

He won't/can't. He's not overly tall for a ruck, he's not overly quick and his leap is average at best.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #80
Everybody look like a genius in hindsight.  ;D

Wish I'd have got that bird's number last Saturday night.  ;D

Reply #81
Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing. I could make a fortune on the punt!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #82
Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing. I could make a fortune on the punt!

Many are blessed with it at the 20/20 level.  ::)

Reply #84
I can't believe that folk are preferring Kennedy over Kreuzer  :o

Kennedy has had ample time to mature and he's a reasonable CHF.  Kreuzer was thrown in at the deep end and he's shown that he can match it with the best . . . and his best is ahead of him.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #85

Kennedy has had ample time to mature and he's a reasonable CHF.  Kreuzer was thrown in at the deep end and he's shown that he can match it with the best . . . and his best is ahead of him.

Get effed DJC, I recruit in HINDSIGHT, and hell if I'm going to change my mind. Further, I want to look like an effing genius.

Reply #86

Don't get me started on this one. He will deliver and many will find him a blessing because he has more ticker than any player I have seen. He just needs some luck when it comes to injury issues, and to back himself more. Mind you Kennedy back now would make a huge difference to our structure. To any sides structure for that matter. Kennedy has blossomed. The other needs time to get his confidence back. My opinion and very few will agree.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #87

Don't get me started on this one. He will deliver and many will find him a blessing because he has more ticker than any player I have seen. He just needs some luck when it comes to injury issues, and to back himself more. Mind you Kennedy back now would make a huge difference to our structure. To any sides structure for that matter. Kennedy has blossomed. The other needs time to get his confidence back. My opinion and very few will agree.

Kreuzer has been your man for as long as I can remember.

Reply #88

160 goals and about 45 goal assists. True that JK has 2 years on MK but that's a hell of a lot of goals which would have benefited the team.

Also bit unfair to say JK is reasonable when he is in the running for the Coleman most years and MK matches it with the best when I don't think you can say he's influenced many games.

Reply #89
Good CHF's win premierships........you put JK at CHF in our team and we are top 4.....but something had to give to get Judd and steady what was a sinking ship.
Sticks loved JK and hated giving him up to WC but we were in ruins,..we got an  elite player and a leader and it was the right move.

Matthew Kruezer still has time on his side and to me its apples and oranges comparing a KF to a ruckman....
The only thing I will say that the value of a good CHF remains constant but ruckman appear to be a lesser rated commodity in todays modern game...