Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 9 2024 In Game Angst Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 351 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 9 2024 In Game Angst Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #15
And Gawn, as expected has had a good game ruck wise, probably a bit quiet around the ground

There was a stat early that showed hitouts.
Dees had twice as many as us (roughly) but we had more hitouts to advantage. Reckon pitto has held his own in that department.

Reply #16
Knowing us, we'll somehow manage to make this a close game and give us all yet another heart scare. It's what we do.

I hate that I know this club so well.

Reply #17
Every week.
We'd have 200,000 members if they stopped killing us all with heart attacks.

Reply #18
"Hopefully our early performance keep us in hunter mode. We know Dees will come back strongly"

Game summary as it turns out 😬
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #19
Wonderful effort by the boys. A tough run of games against top opposition. They must be completely stuffed. Great defensive effort. Well done.

Reply #20
 we were cooked  late in the 3rd  hewitt doesnt work as the sub.

Reply #21
Just once I'd like to be able to relax my sphincter well before the finish...haha.

Reply #23
I would have liked us to bury them in the last, but they hung on and got the win.
I think Charlie should have gone short rather than long when he took that mark down back and just killed the game.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #24
I would have liked us to bury them in the last, but they hung on and got the win.
I think Charlie should have gone short rather than long when he took that mark down back and just killed the game.
We are panicking with the footy still, this is something the coaches have to find a way to improve.

You'd think after the first 2 or 3 run downs Ollie would learn it's not a Sunday stroll, as good as I thought he was tonight being rundown is happening multiple times every game and it's costing us dearly. We are losing turnover opportunities to score easily and it keeps our opponents in the game.

I thought Elijah was good tonight, I'm not sure why we don't give him a bit more time around the stoppages he is calm and works well in traffic.

The Force Awakens!