Skip to main content
Topic: Daisy Ruining Our Culture Says Brown (Read 8402 times) previous topic - next topic

Daisy Ruining Our Culture Says Brown

Jonathan Brown unloads on Dale Thomas after Carlton midfielder’s comments about Brisbane midfielder Dayne Beams

CHAMPION AFL player Jonathan Brown says Dale Thomas is on another planet after some of the Carlton midfielder’s assessments of the Blues’ disastrous loss against Brisbane on Sunday.

Thomas said in a radio interview after the Blues’ defeat that his teammate Mark Whiley had the better of Brisbane star Dayne Beams, despite Beams racking up 29 disposals, seven clearances and six inside-50s in the Lions’ watershed win.

“Dayne Beams had a bit of the football but his influence wasn’t that great. In that regard I think Whiley got the chocolates,” Thomas told 3AW.

But Brown said Thomas was out of form, and out of touch with reality if that was how the former Collingwood star saw the game.

“He did take a screamer but that’s about all he did,” Brown said.

“I hope he is not peddling out some of the stuff internally he’s peddled out after the game.

“I’m not sure what planet Daisy is on after the game but I don’t think Mick Malthouse would be really happy if Daisy is peddling out that stuff to the young blokes because that is really not setting high standards.”

Brown said on Nova 100 he couldn’t understand how Beams, a former Collingwood teammate of Thomas, having 29 disposals to Whiley’s seven constituted a victory for the Blues youngster.

“(Former coach) Leigh Matthews use to say if you win more positions on the ground than the other team you win the game of footy. Dane Beams verses Mark Whiley 29 possessions to seven possessions, who do you think won that?”

Brown said he felt for Carlton veteran Chris Judd and coach Mick Malthouse, who he said have stayed at the beleaguered club for too long.

“Imagine how poor old Juddy will be feeling, I think he got talked into playing again this year,” Brown said.

“It would be and most likely it probably will be (their final seasons). It’s not Juddy’s fault, he’s played really well, I would have thought. Obviously if they continue on this will be Mick’s last year, of course.”

Brown suggested Carlton should consider offloading a couple of experienced players in order to “get draft picks to try and rejuvenate”.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Re: Daisy Ruining Our Culture Says Brown

Reply #1
“Imagine how poor old Juddy will be feeling, I think he got talked into playing again this year,” Brown said.

$hit comment by Brown that one.

As for the Daisy comment, meh.
Sure it was flawed but he was only pumping a kids tyres, no biggie.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #2
Me thinks there may be a little onfield history that was never laid to rest here.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #3
I thought it was a well know thing Daisy and Beama never saw eye to eye.

Reply #4
Players better just shut up and show some real form on the field. All this talk is not getting closer to a victory. We are a disaster at the moment. No need to have more spot light on our players or club. I just wish I could go to sleep and wake up in the morning and realise this season so far was just a bad dream. Us really being 5-1. Top 4 on the ladder.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #6
Yeah, i think Daisy is trying to pump up the tires of a second gamer and give a whack to a former teammate he didn't respect.

I think Jonno Brown missed the memo.

Reply #7
Hard to argue with Brown given the stats, Whiley has had two tough weeks but Daisy could have been smarter with his comments and said it was a great learning experience
for Mark Whiley and will improve him greatly as a player...

Reminded me of someone on this site who suggested Ellard had the better of Hibberd in the Essendon game even though
the latter had twice as many possessions playing as a defender.... ???

Reply #8
That was a stupid comment from Thomas.  He could have pumped up Whiley's tyres while conceding that Beams had his measure.

You can't really afford to make outrageous statements when you lose to the bottom side.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #9
That was a stupid comment from Thomas.  He could have pumped up Whiley's tyres while conceding that Beams had his measure.

You can't really afford to make outrageous statements when you lose to the bottom side.
Its not like we are in the 8 and got beaten by the bottom side, we are the 2nd bottom side. Its all relative I guess.

Reply #10
Whiley seems like another boring Curnow type.

Reply #11
Its not like we are in the 8 and got beaten by the bottom side, we are the 2nd bottom side. Its all relative I guess.

Point taken.  My last sentence should have been, "You can't really afford to make outrageous statements when you lose."
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #13
Hard to argue with Brown given the stats, Whiley has had two tough weeks but Daisy could have been smarter with his comments and said it was a great learning experience
for Mark Whiley and will improve him greatly as a player...

Reminded me of someone on this site who suggested Ellard had the better of Hibberd in the Essendon game even though
the latter had twice as many possessions playing as a defender.... ???

Defenders usually do get more touches. Forward pocket is the hardest position on the ground to get possessions.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #14
Is Daisy ruining our culture.... of talking it up big and delivering very little? 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?