Skip to main content
Topic: Round 7 Green Shoot of the Week!! (Read 16021 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 7 Green Shoot of the Week!!

Reply #15
The coaching team! BB and the boys 8)
Did a great job shifting the chess pieces.  ;D
But I suppose we have some cattle on the park now  ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #16
Let's not ignore Caleb Marbank....a 'veteran' of how many games?? Along with SPS, he just looks like he belongs. Courageous, cool, sure hands and exquisite timing!

If he continues as he currently is, should absolutely romp in the rising star.

Load up!

Reply #17
Let's not ignore Caleb Marbank....a 'veteran' of how many games?? Along with SPS, he just looks like he belongs. Courageous, cool, sure hands and exquisite timing!

14th game today.

Reply #18
I don't think Daisy's goal really qualifies as a green shoot and there's been a lot of well deserved love for Samo and Marchbank. 

I'll go for Charlie Curnow's increased presence around the ground.  He is a genuine chance to mark anything kicked near him and his ability to keep his feet and make good, quick decisions is becoming invaluable ... and he still has a lot of improvement ahead of him!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #19
Nick Graham -  did his role to perfection today.

I still think he will be one of our best role players in two years time.

Reply #20
SPS is my greenshoot this week...great game and played well when the heat was on, kicked goals and is a very complete package for a young player....you feel like things happen when he has the footy and its exciting to watch him play.
Had my doubts initially but the kid has more about him than just flair and is a genuine midfielder....well done to SOS on his selection..

Reply #21
The green shoot of the week is that its hard to decide whether SPS or Marchbank is the green shoot of the week!
I think SPS gets the nod but only just.
I'd also like to acknowledge Chatlue Curnow this week, still a bit behind the front runners for the coveted green shoot award but I liked the way he moved, covered the ground and hit some packs hard.

Reply #22
Beyond the obvious - I love the ball in Williamson's hands. What a great decision maker. Excellent disposal. Pick 61! That's SOS showing off.

Have we finally turned the corner on our recruiting?

Reply #23
Like most others it has to be SPS, that run along the boundary and the kick across the body to Bryce lace out was just so pure.

Reply #24
Like most others it has to be SPS, that run along the boundary and the kick across the body to Bryce lace out was just so pure.

If I had to break it down to one SPS act on the day, that was it!! It WAS pure....PURE GOLD!

Reply #25
SPS is my greenshoot this week...great game and played well when the heat was on, kicked goals and is a very complete package for a young player....you feel like things happen when he has the footy and its exciting to watch him play.
Had my doubts initially but the kid has more about him than just flair and is a genuine midfielder....well done to SOS on his selection..

What thrills me most about this kid, is that he looks like he belongs and has been playing at this level for years.

Not phased by much, not bereft of confidence and quick hands, tackles like vice with strength beyond his size.

Genuine star power about him.

Dare I say...   DELICIOUS!
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #26
Have we finally turned the corner on our recruiting?
Does a one legged duck swim in circles?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #27
If I had to break it down to one SPS act on the day, that was it!! It WAS pure....PURE GOLD!

I want hear it again.
That was champagne football  ;D
That term can't be far away by the looks of our young guns and their development.
Haven't heard that word either in a positive way at our club for a while either  ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #28
Enjoy some of the "Halls Creek Cowboy's" finest moments.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2017-05-06/outstanding-samo-ruins-pies-party
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time